Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 82 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by davell View Post
    I'm trying to remember, but did we make an actual move(other than taking Castillo in the Rule 5) last year during the meetings? I think the Stewart deal happened a day or two later and was obviously started there, but did we finish anything over the actual meetings time frame?
    Interest in Volstad was first reported at the 2011 Winter Meetings. Not sure if that's when we laid the groundwork for the Sean Marshall trade. A bunch of coaching and staff hires were made last December as well.

EDIT: Here's everything the forum was able to track last off-season.

I heard you were looking for me.

vCash
    I never really have time to do a full mock but I will try one really fast. Let me know if it sounds realistic and/or could contend.

Dejesus-cf
    Castro-ss
    Hamilton-rf (signed 6 years 132 million)
    Soriano-lf
    Rizzo-1b
    Reynolds-3b (signed 2 years 16 with a tea
    Option for a 3rd)
    Castillo-c
    Barney-2b

Starting rotation
    Shark
    Garza
    McCarthy (signed 2 years 14 million)
    Masterson (trade $ marmol, wood, szczur for masterson + mid level spec)
    Baker/Feldman

Bench
    Adam Kennedy-inf (1 year 1.5 mil)
    Campana-of
    Valbuena-inf
    Jackson-of (after a start in AAA)
    Any catcher but clevenger!

Bullpen
    Fujikawa- closer
    Brian Wilson-su (1yr at 4 mil plus incentives and tea
    Option)
    Dolis
    Russell
    Zych
    Feldman

This was done from my phone do my apologies for grammar mistakes. Maybe someone can help me get an exact payroll? But this should be under 115 million.

We would have an explosive offense, decent defense(besides Reynolds), a deer pitching staff with no true ace but the top 4 are all solid no. 2ish types.
    And most importantly we aren't losing any young talent and the only long term deal really being handed out is Hamilton which if this team failed we would have a ton Of cap space when all of our top specs are coming up.

Thanks and let me know what you think :-)

vCash
    Speakin of Lendy, anyone know what the plan is with him? Think they'll stretch him out or leave him in the pen? I'd imagine he'd start at Tennessee, maybe Iowa.

vCash
    Not getting Masterson for that, but mostly my problem is that the bullpen does not seem very deep for a rotation that has some innings questions.

The lineup should be iiight.

vCash
    We don't talk about it nearly enough, but David DeJesus should be a movable guy. Some fits:

Atlanta - Needs a LF, needs an OBP guy for the leadoff spot, he's cheap, they just dealt with us for another mediocre player you can try to win with.

Detroit - Another team that's done some spending and could use a cheap OBP/defense outfielder for the top of their lineup.

Giants?
    Orioles? If they don't sign Hamilton
    Rays?
    Yankees?

Atlanta seems like the best fit at first glance.

vCash
    What do you think we could get for him?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    We don't talk about it nearly enough, but David DeJesus should be a movable guy. Some fits:

Atlanta - Needs a LF, needs an OBP guy for the leadoff spot, he's cheap, they just dealt with us for another mediocre player you can try to win with.

Detroit - Another team that's done some spending and could use a cheap OBP/defense outfielder for the top of their lineup.

Giants?
    Orioles? If they don't sign Hamilton
    Rays?
    Yankees?

Atlanta seems like the best fit at first glance.

Reds have always made sense to me. If they don't re-sign Ludwick, they could definitely use a leadoff type outfielder.

vCash
    Onley "The Indians have set the bar high for their demmands for Cabrera and Choo".
    The Best Wrestler in the World.... Go Cubs!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knuckles View Post
    What do you think we could get for him?
    Well with Atlanta I probably look at Gilmartin...Christian Bethancourt and an arm maybe...I almost want to say that I prefer moving DeJesus to moving Soriano, who has the power, and this only becomes more true if the Bourn stuff is real.

vCash
    I just saw Russel Martin got signed. He got a lot more than I figured he would.
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Well with Atlanta I probably look at Gilmartin...Christian Bethancourt and an arm maybe...I almost want to say that I prefer moving DeJesus to moving Soriano, who has the power, and this only becomes more true if the Bourn stuff is real.
    That's a pretty nice haul for him IMO. I'd have to do that. They were 2 of Atl's top 10 prospects a year ago iirc.

vCash
    Ive always like Dexter Fowler, if we can trade for him I be happy. Maybe Wood + for Fowler.
    The Best Wrestler in the World.... Go Cubs!!!

vCash
    What is Fowler's appeal? He can't hit away from Coors and he can't play CF at an acceptable level.

vCash
    Fowler makes more sense for the Reds or Yankees and their bandboxes, but I could see why a switch hitting 26 year old OF with some pop has some appeal. It will be an interesting case moving forward at least...

vCash
    Weren't reports saying that Colorado had a high asking price for him? He could be interesting-ish depending on what it takes to get him, I guess.
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

Page 12 of 82 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast