Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 82 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Soriano for Dom Brown and pay it all.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    Soriano for Dom Brown and pay it all.
    To piggy back on this - there is a report here in Philadelphia for this trade, no mention cubs paying any of remaining contract though.

vCash
    Yeah, Soriano for Brown is one I would like to do.

Soriano to the Yankees for Hughes and a couple of their lesser known but liked prospects that I've mentioned (Murphy and Gumbs) would be interesting to me.

vCash
    I'd love to give Dom Brown a shot here.

vCash
    Ken_Rosenthal: Sources: #Cubs in agreement with Japanese closer Kyuji Fujikawa. Rival executives involved in bidding had expected him to go to #Angels.

vCash
    I would love love love Dom Brown for Soriano.

Though I'm not sure how realistic that is unless others are involved.

vCash
    Woohoo! Bullpen help!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by s2obed View Post
    Ken_Rosenthal: Sources: #Cubs in agreement with Japanese closer Kyuji Fujikawa. Rival executives involved in bidding had expected him to go to #Angels.
    Nice!
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrialNError04 View Post
    To piggy back on this - there is a report here in Philadelphia for this trade, no mention cubs paying any of remaining contract though.
    Us CUBS fans are all for it...we love Soriano but we are in full rebuild mode, I would love that deal if we did not have to pay...however I doubt that is the case.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. More pitching yaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    Us CUBS fans are all for it...we love Soriano but we are in full rebuild mode, I would love that deal if we did not have to pay...however I doubt that is the case.
    Just an FYI I'm a life long cubs fan just live here in Philly and heard the report. Most people here seem to like the move - most hate brown now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrialNError04 View Post
    Just an FYI I'm a life long cubs fan just live here in Philly and heard the report. Most people here seem to like the move - most hate brown now.
    What's the feeling on Ruf there? Could he manage RF? Or do they view him as more of a bench guy?

vCash
    Chicago Cubs Rumors

Cubs To Sign Kyuji Fujikawa
    By Zach Links [December 1, 2012 at 3:55pm CST]
    3:55pm: Fujikawa's deal is worth $9.2MM over two years, tweets Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com.

3:41pm: The Cubs have reached agreement with Japanese closer Kyuji Fujikawa, sources tell Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports (via Twitter). The deal will be for two years with a vesting option in year three, Rosenthal tweets. Fujikawa projects to be the Cubs' closer.

Yesterday it was reported that Fujikawa was nearing a decision with the Halos in the lead. At least ten teams offered the hurler along the way, including the Dodgers, Orioles, and Diamondbacks. Over the past six seasons with the Hanshin Tigers, the 32-year-old record 202 saves while posting a 1.36 ERA, 0.86 WHIP, 12.4 K/9, and 2.3 BB/9 in 369 2/3 innings.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/chicag...MGDblsc3ha2.99

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHeadsRule View Post
    What's the feeling on Ruf there? Could he manage RF? Or do they view him as more of a bench guy?
    They love Ruff here - a little too much actually. People here have him pegged for 300, 30 hr, 90 RBI though striking out a lot and playing only a little below average defense. I think he will be a good platoon guy but that's about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knuckles View Post
    Chicago Cubs Rumors

Cubs To Sign Kyuji Fujikawa
    By Zach Links [December 1, 2012 at 3:55pm CST]
    3:55pm: Fujikawa's deal is worth $9.2MM over two years, tweets Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com.

3:41pm: The Cubs have reached agreement with Japanese closer Kyuji Fujikawa, sources tell Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports (via Twitter). The deal will be for two years with a vesting option in year three, Rosenthal tweets. Fujikawa projects to be the Cubs' closer.

Yesterday it was reported that Fujikawa was nearing a decision with the Halos in the lead. At least ten teams offered the hurler along the way, including the Dodgers, Orioles, and Diamondbacks. Over the past six seasons with the Hanshin Tigers, the 32-year-old record 202 saves while posting a 1.36 ERA, 0.86 WHIP, 12.4 K/9, and 2.3 BB/9 in 369 2/3 innings.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/chicag...MGDblsc3ha2.99
    Wont get excited about this until its made official.

Page 5 of 82 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast