Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 38 of 38
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Born in Brooklyn, New Jersey now.
    Posts
    1,439
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    forgive him father for he knows not what he says
    FoC, I know exactly what I am saying. Dickey would not be the first God to be sacrificed for the greater good of mankind. Hang with it (no pun intended) and lets see how this all plays out.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    18,139
    vCash
    1500
    Who are the Angels not interested in is the real question to ask. They need to call them the "Mo Money Mo Problems Angels of Anaheim" because those contracts of Pujols and Wilson will loom over them like a dark cloud.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn New York
    Posts
    12,735
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    Who are the Angels not interested in is the real question to ask. They need to call them the "Mo Money Mo Problems Angels of Anaheim" because those contracts of Pujols and Wilson will loom over them like a dark cloud.
    We might as well trade Dickey to the Dodgers and anticipate a 10/250MM contract extension for him.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    18,139
    vCash
    1500
    Neither of those So Cal teams are winning anything anytime soon. Like us they can't even make the playoffs still even with another wild card. Throwing money at your problems never helps and the only thing those two teams are doing is creating great Fantasy League teams but neither a serious championship contender.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    18,139
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    We might as well trade Dickey to the Dodgers and anticipate a 10/250MM contract extension for him.
    Thank the f-ing crosstown Stinkees for overpaying brokendown father time Andy Pettite 12 million for his 12 starts in 2012 so he can pull his Roger Clemens and pitch half a season.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn New York
    Posts
    12,735
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    Neither of those So Cal teams are winning anything anytime soon. Like us they can't even make the playoffs still even with another wild card. Throwing money at your problems never helps and the only thing those two teams are doing is creating great Fantasy League teams but neither a serious championship contender.
    Yeah, money doesn't buy championships. Doesn't mean we can win one without spending money.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    Posts
    16,105
    vCash
    1500
    Trading Dickey will make me very sad......

    I admire and respect him and will continue doing so wherever he goes. I understand and respect management's decision for seriously considering trading him. We all know the factors pro and con.

    Either way, R.A. wherever you pitch I want you to win, especially at Citi.....

    Shea Stadium Scoreboard May 31, 1964



    Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

    ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    30,723
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dunbummin View Post
    FoC, I know exactly what I am saying. Dickey would not be the first God to be sacrificed for the greater good of mankind. Hang with it (no pun intended) and lets see how this all plays out.
    In all seriousness, Dickey is no different from anyone else in that regard. Of course, any time you can trade one player to improve the team you do it.

    I just don't think you're gonna find another team willing to give up a young, hot shot outfielder or catcher for him. If anything, you'll get a decent, non impact player or two for him, not someone who is going to fill a vital hole.

    Furthermore, our starting pitching is not as strong as you think. We cannot afford to lose our ace.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •