Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    if im trading dickey to the angels I want bourjos, trumbo and two prospects. I dont like conger but I do like Carlos Ramirez and then we should look into another pitcher they have in the minors like Austin Wood.

Oh and Im not afraid to add more pieces to send to the angels to get this done
    Last edited by hardcoreicon; 12-01-2012 at 08:00 PM.

vCash
    I doubt the Angels would send Trumbo and Bourjos for Dickey. You have to remember that this was R.A.'s only big season. I do believe that he's found his way and will just as or nearly as dominant as in 2012 but it's still an iffy trade given that he's 38 (even if he is a knuckleballer). The Mets would have to send a prospect like Den Dekker, Familia or even Juan Urbina with Reese Havens.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    I'm really confused.
    The entire C of D is confused, especially the Bishop.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    if we could get Trumbo and Boujos, DEAL without hesitation. A corner outfielder who will hit 30-40 HR's each yr with a decent avg and a good defensive outfielder with some good potential.

I might even take just Trumbo if thats the best we can get. A two yr deal for Dickey is gonna be a waste. We aren't going to win a WS in the next 2 or 3 yrs. It doesn't appear we're very close. Might as well get a good player who will be around much longer.

vCash
    with the right deal the mets could become instant contenders

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    if we could get Trumbo and Boujos, DEAL without hesitation. A corner outfielder who will hit 30-40 HR's each yr with a decent avg and a good defensive outfielder with some good potential.

I might even take just Trumbo if thats the best we can get. A two yr deal for Dickey is gonna be a waste. We aren't going to win a WS in the next 2 or 3 yrs. It doesn't appear we're very close. Might as well get a good player who will be around much longer.
    I agree.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hardcoreicon View Post
    with the right deal the mets could become instant contenders
    Maybe. If someone was dealing tarot cards.

vCash
    You guys should know that Dickey has value beyond baseball. He has that Tim Tebow/Jeremy Lyn effect just not as big(maybe because hes on the mutts i mean mets.) I mean a lot of people did idolize the guy. A smart team could turn that into a profit alongside his Cy Young pitching skills and good health since he doesnt throw hard. Mets should steal everything AND the kitchen sink in any trade with Dickey. Plus if youre going to be ADDING more pieces in a trade you should be getting something that should change the team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    I agree.
    Glad to see we can finally agree on something stuna...

vCash
    Wait a minute, we're gonna trade Dickey for Tim Tebow? Now I'm really confused.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Wait a minute, we're gonna trade Dickey for Tim Tebow? Now I'm really confused.
    He'd be a better QB then what they have now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    The entire C of D is confused, especially the Bishop.
    Bring the congregation together and sit down. Let me 'splain you something to dispell your confusion.

Although you worship at the feet of R.A. it's his arm that the baseball Gods have blessed. And that arm is now of great value. It will probably never be of greater value than it is today. Other teams may value it so much that they will make great sacrfices to obtain it. Our FO owes it to its fans to explore the opportunities that may be presented to it in exchange for the GREAT DICKEY.

The Mets need more offense and have several holes to fill. I understand how much you want to retain Dickey, but if he offers us the best route to a contending team in the shortest possible time, we need to go down that road. On the other hand, if Alderson can not get the return that a Cy Young winner (and generally great guy) warrants, we will retain him and he will head up our rotation in 2013.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dunbummin View Post
    Trumbo, Bourjos and Conger (if the Angels would do it) would be a great package for Dickey and a prospect. Maybe Den Dekker, although the Halos already have a pretty good Plan B for center field in Kole Calhoun. In 3 minor league seasons Calhoun's slash line is .309/.396/.525/.920 and he has a good glove and some speed in CF. Matter of fact, on second thought I'd ask for Calhoun, who is a year younger and under team control through 2019, rather than Bourjos.

I don't think I'd want Duda in RF if I had Trumbo in LF. But an ouutfield of Trumbo-Calhoun-Nieuwenhuis/Hairston (as a platoon, maybe) would be quite formidable.
    My problem with Calhoun is that he is a lefty and he is more of a corner OF than a CF. Getting Trumbo and Bourjos gives us a guy built for the top of the lineup and a guy built for the middle. Plus you know Bourjos has speed to burn and plays a very good CF. Either way id be happy though
    It's still a game and you'd rather win it than lose it.

There is An Angel in CitiField- LETS GO METS!

Proud to be PSD's "The Kid"

New York Giants-2012 World Champions

SuperMann #10, Superman wears Eli Pajamas

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Glad to see we can finally agree on something stuna...
    Word

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dunbummin View Post
    Bring the congregation together and sit down. Let me 'splain you something to dispell your confusion.

Although you worship at the feet of R.A. it's his arm that the baseball Gods have blessed. And that arm is now of great value. It will probably never be of greater value than it is today. Other teams may value it so much that they will make great sacrfices to obtain it. Our FO owes it to its fans to explore the opportunities that may be presented to it in exchange for the GREAT DICKEY.

The Mets need more offense and have several holes to fill. I understand how much you want to retain Dickey, but if he offers us the best route to a contending team in the shortest possible time, we need to go down that road. On the other hand, if Alderson can not get the return that a Cy Young winner (and generally great guy) warrants, we will retain him and he will head up our rotation in 2013.
    forgive him father for he knows not what he says

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast