Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Angels Interested in Dickey?

Jason Evans of halohangout.com asks "Should the Angels Go After R.A. Dickey"

http://halohangout.com/2012/11/28/sh...er-r-a-dickey/

He goes on to suggest a trade of Dickey for Mark Trumbo, Hank Conger and Michael Kohn, saying we should try Trumbo in the outfield. My first reaction was to reject it outright because I thought "we don't need another first baseman fumbling around in the outfield", Conger hasn't shown anything yet and Kohn is coming off TJ surgery.

On second thought, however, I concluded that it might be a major opportunity for the Mets. Trumbo is certainly a first rate first baseman. I wonder if the Marlins might consider a deal involving Trumbo as the main attraction. Like

Trumbo, Familia, Den Dekker, Tapia, Marte and Ceciliani for Giancarlo Stanton oops, did I say Giovanni? My bad.

Putting Trumbo at 1B would allow them to get Logan Morrison back in the outfield. Familia could either start or fill out their pen. And the others could help them further strengthen their farm system, since they are going to have great difficulty attracting free agents over the next several years. Hmmmmm I wonder.
    Last edited by dunbummin; 12-01-2012 at 01:11 AM.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    I'm really confused.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    I'm really confused.
    The entire C of D is confused, especially the Bishop.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    The entire C of D is confused, especially the Bishop.
    Bring the congregation together and sit down. Let me 'splain you something to dispell your confusion.

Although you worship at the feet of R.A. it's his arm that the baseball Gods have blessed. And that arm is now of great value. It will probably never be of greater value than it is today. Other teams may value it so much that they will make great sacrfices to obtain it. Our FO owes it to its fans to explore the opportunities that may be presented to it in exchange for the GREAT DICKEY.

The Mets need more offense and have several holes to fill. I understand how much you want to retain Dickey, but if he offers us the best route to a contending team in the shortest possible time, we need to go down that road. On the other hand, if Alderson can not get the return that a Cy Young winner (and generally great guy) warrants, we will retain him and he will head up our rotation in 2013.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dunbummin View Post
    Bring the congregation together and sit down. Let me 'splain you something to dispell your confusion.

Although you worship at the feet of R.A. it's his arm that the baseball Gods have blessed. And that arm is now of great value. It will probably never be of greater value than it is today. Other teams may value it so much that they will make great sacrfices to obtain it. Our FO owes it to its fans to explore the opportunities that may be presented to it in exchange for the GREAT DICKEY.

The Mets need more offense and have several holes to fill. I understand how much you want to retain Dickey, but if he offers us the best route to a contending team in the shortest possible time, we need to go down that road. On the other hand, if Alderson can not get the return that a Cy Young winner (and generally great guy) warrants, we will retain him and he will head up our rotation in 2013.
    forgive him father for he knows not what he says
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    forgive him father for he knows not what he says
    FoC, I know exactly what I am saying. Dickey would not be the first God to be sacrificed for the greater good of mankind. Hang with it (no pun intended) and lets see how this all plays out.

vCash
    I think you need some elite prospects to get Stanton (assuming you mean Giancarlo and not Giovanni). Not Trumbo and those guys.

And Logan Morrison is a much better 1b than he is an OF. He too was a "1b fumbling around in the OF". So allowing them to get Morrison back into the OF isn't a good thing (well it is a good thing for the Mets...but wouldn't be a good thing for the Fish)

vCash
    You are not the only one.

vCash
    Don't doubt dipoto. He has a quick trigger finger.

vCash
    Now that we're not rebuilding, I'd pass on this, since the only legit guy we'd get is Bourjos.
    For the best sports gifs and memes visit
    http://aviewfromthebleachers.tumblr.com/

vCash
    Dream!

IF we got Trumbo.... it'd be more like Trumbo+Wheeler to get Stanton.

vCash
    Dickey for Trout

Get it done Omar!!!!!!!!!11

vCash
    Please, please don't get rid of Dickey.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueman2424 View Post
    Please, please don't get rid of Dickey.
    All the joking aside with trades. You have to be open minded. The only way SA is dealing Dickey is with a trade too good to pass up. Which would benefit the Mets. Dickey, Cy Young or not, is not untouchable.

But I don't believe Trumbo + 2 dung heaps gets it done.

THANK YOU PROKY!!!

vCash
    if the Angels would consider this there is no doubt the Mets should pull the trigger. I am a lifelong Mets fan but live in Anaheim now. Trumbo would add a huge amount of power from the right side which we really could use. He has played a decent left field as well. Only two years in the majors and 30 home runs each year.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast