Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    vCash
    Also for those who think this bad for basketball look to Tim Duncan's resurgence. Perhaps this very thing the last few years is helping him stay spry? He is playing great this year. That definitely helps the business that is the NBA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krisxsong View Post
    Teams do not do this. Again if I'm wrong please bring up instances where a coach of one of the best teams sends home his starting 5 against the best team in the NBA 15 games into the season?

When teams give their older players rest, they usually rest 1 or 2 players at a time, sending home your entire starting 5 is unheard of.

If the team is going to lie about injuries, it will come out. You think it wouldn't but it will come out and trust me if a team is lieing about injuries then there's a real problem.

I don't have a problem with Pop doing this. I personally, really don't. They forfeit their game against Miami to keep their core fresh and healthy. But there's always two sides to a story.

As the owner of the NBA you can't let that slide.
    Not sure how many games into the season it was but in 2009 Pop rested the BIG 3 & Michael Finley against the Denver Nuggets(a good 50 game winning playoff team at that time). Not a peep then or any other time from the league or Stern.

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    Stern explicitly stated in his declaration that this offense took in a variety of factors including early in the season and that this was the Spurs only trip to Miami this year.

Would you all grow up and get off Stern's azz?
    Don't you think it's kind of weird how Stern gets upset when Miami fans don't get to watch Dunca, Parker and Manu, but he doesn't get upset when Washington fans and Boston fans don't get to see LBJ, Bosh and Wade?

The problem here is that there is no precedent. There are no rules against doing what Pop did and so to fine him is wrong. Pop did the same thing last season and no objections were raised, in fact, a statement was made saying it was fine.

Knowing that there are no rules against it, why should Pop or the Spurs get fined?

Kenny makes a good point about this:
    http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/1...=iref:nbahpt6d

Now that it has happened, if Stern is unhappy with it and wants change the rules to prevent future occurances, that's fine. But when there is no rule in place, and therefore no rule has been broken, how is it fair to levy a fine?
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UnWantedTheory View Post
    Also for those who think this bad for basketball look to Tim Duncan's resurgence. Perhaps this very thing the last few years is helping him stay spry? He is playing great this year. That definitely helps the business that is the NBA.
    You don't do this in November, and much less for a marquee game.

vCash

vCash
    All Stern cares about is money. He does not want stars sitting for marquee games.

He is a slave owner and the players are all slaves. The NBA is his plantation. He sees NBA players as nothing but property.

TNT televised games he does not care who it is or why, the stars BETTER play or he will be upset.

Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder-Sooner View Post
    I doubt he'll do it late in the year just because there usually isn't much to play for, I think he fined the Spurs because there's alot to play for and it brings the quality of the games down much more if they continue to do this.
    1 game is 1 game. You don't get extra wins or losses earlier in the season. Most ignorant argument to defend Stern, only makes it look worse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krisxsong View Post
    Do you hate David Stern that bad that you can't see the difference in the two scenarios?

Scenario 1. POP tells his entire starting 5 to go home early, don't even show up to the game cause you guys are old so we need you fresh, all this when they are only 15 games into the season. YOU don't care, but what if you were a Spurs fan and you paid top notch money to see two of the better teams in the NBA go at it? I don't condone the fine, but I most certainly understand why Stern felt he had to do something.

Scenario 2. Miami Heat have the East locked up, have the #1 seed locked up and the season is just about over. He decides to bench his top 3 players to prevent them from injury and to keep them fresh.

Do you seriously not see the difference in the two?
    There is ZERO difference. Not a ****ing ounce of difference. Resting players in game 18 or game 80 equal the EXACT same thing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Zo View Post
    You don't do this in November, and much less for a marquee game.
    Means nothing. Worthless point

vCash
    i always wonder why no teams rebels against Stern and gives hi the middle finger
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    1. Thunder
    2. Warriors
    3. Clippers
    4. Blazers
    5. Grizzlies
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post

I already have that scrizzguap on the Dubs winning a 'ship.
    Sincerely,
    delusional Warriors fan

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    What do you do for a living because I guarantee it's not in academics or psychology?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    1. You're a troll because the majority of what you have posted has nothing to do with the topic: the fact that I'm a Wolves fan, my 8000+ posts, telling me to get off Stern's dick and calling me "big guy" (you don't know anything about my size)

so you saying "Would you all grow up and get off Stern's azz?" is not off topic? wow. you're the one that started going off topic **** dumbass. so stfu. your post in this thread is annoying when you're the ****ing moron that instigated everything. probably a nerdy 16 year old telling someone to growup. hilarious.

and most people here agree that stern should **** off in situations like these. he has no right telling a coach what to do. so the spurs should just lie and say they were sick or something? stern's old age is affecting his decisions. he did not make one right decisions for the past two years.

only fining the spurs because it is early is stupid also. a game is a game no matter when. there are games near the end of the season where a team makes their only trip to another's team court, so his reasonings are baseless. he better fine every team that sits their top players from here on out.
    Last edited by dewpsp; 12-01-2012 at 01:29 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Young2Kinsler View Post
    Means nothing. Worthless point
    My point is worth 250 grand.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by giants73756 View Post
    What a ******** question.
    not a ******** question... at what exact point is it acceptable to do it? I think it depends on the team, their record, their goals etc.

I mean since stern is basically making up rules to fine teams for- I think the rules should be made more clear?
    A role model if I ever knew one

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chill_Will_24 View Post
    All Stern cares about is money. He does not want stars sitting for marquee games.

he just represented a group of owners where 2/3 of them were losing money year in and year out. He has kind of a responsability to try to address this problem. Although- he was out of line to make it a public issue right away.

He is a slave owner and the players are all slaves. The NBA is his plantation. He sees NBA players as nothing but property.

right...he has a responsability to market the league to corporate sponsors... you know the same sponsors who give the players shoe contracts and allow them to make millions

TNT televised games he does not care who it is or why, the stars BETTER play or he will be upset.
    His job is to address this- he cant tell the spurs what to do and shouldnt have fined them, but he should have had a private convo with peter holt (one of the owners complaining about losing money btw)
    A role model if I ever knew one

vCash
    Stern is a Moron, I've gone to baseball games, where the road team benched their starter for a day of rest, should Bud have fined that team because I didn't get to see the best product on the field? Stern has no right in determining who should play on any given night. He is such a control freak, which is why Anthony Davis is on the Hornets.
    If I drive I'm going to have to have a lot of drinks because I am very self conscious about my driving.

Quote Originally Posted by Warriors4lyfe12 View Post
    Samhan actually worked out with the warriors in 2010, but elected to go overseas instead of jumping into the NBA to make his game better. Actually i would compare him to a poor mans blake griffin
    Quote Originally Posted by lvdub2741 View Post
    We gave up Monta for a Bogut but we could have kept him gotten someone like Omar Samahan who is just like Bogut and kept Monta.
    Ah, some sports fans

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast