Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    My question is this: Will the Heat also be fined for doing the same thing? The last two games of the season last year the Heat benched LBJ, Wade and Bosh.
    TERRIBLE logic. This season is young and fans expect to see teams at full strength (injuries as an exception of course). Games at the END of the season are when you are supposed to rest your big names.

I'm not saying I like Stern but don't bring up something this stupid trying to stir up some hate.

Nets '13-'14 Season: 44-38 (Last Season 49-33)
    Quote Originally Posted by elledaddy View Post
    They COULD win but so can IND,NYK,CHI....
    Im picking the NETS to lose to IND in the first round in the 4/5 matchup
    Quote me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leafswin2011 View Post
    so if the spurs win do they still get fined?
    Yes.

Quote me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder-Sooner View Post
    1 game really is 1 game?! My point is later in the season there usually isn't that much to play for, also you should go complain about something that matters.
    There is no valid point in your argument. Winning game 18 gives you the same advantage as winning game 82

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceCarter View Post
    TERRIBLE logic. This season is young and fans expect to see teams at full strength (injuries as an exception of course). Games at the END of the season are when you are supposed to rest your big names.

I'm not saying I like Stern but don't bring up something this stupid trying to stir up some hate.
    Is that a rule or something?!?! Get real....

If your team played 4 games in 5 days and you want to give your starters the night off for busting there butts so many nights in a row there is no fault on the coach or team for that... The league is to blame for terrible scheduling not the team resting there over worked players and looking out for there teams and core players best interests.

It's not like they were on Miami's schedule anyway where they played 3 games in 12 days.

Quote Originally Posted by knicksfan42 View Post
    ...For me a large part of it is that they were rivals. LeBron vs Wade was a great rivalry and for them to team up just doesn't sit right with me. It would've been cool if LeBron had gone to the Bulls.....
    and Bosh to the Heat to join Wade. That would've been awesome... I would've respected LeBron way more if he went there.
    Why have great rivals when you can join them and have none.... Lebron James where losing the spirit of competition happens!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettosean View Post
    Is that a rule or something?!?! Get real....

If your team played 4 games in 5 days and you want to give your starters the night off for busting there butts so many nights in a row there is no fault on the coach or team for that... The league is to blame for terrible scheduling not the team resting there over worked players and looking out for there teams and core players best interests.

It's not like they were on Miami's schedule anyway where they played 3 games in 12 days.
    Or should the Spurs have saw the Heat were on the back end of it and rested their stars prior so you could have them against the defending champs on national television...I blame the Spurs.

Also, of course it is not a rule don't be a smartass.

Quote me

vCash
    Yes I get Stern was way out of line but the precedent has been set here and now. You could go back ALOT further and dig up examples where Stern should have fined coaches.

vCash
    Or should the Spurs have saw the Heat were on the back end of it and rested their stars prior so you could have them against the defending champs on national television...I blame the Spurs.
    Idiotic, a win is what they care about. Ask yourself if its easier to beat the Heat or whatever bum team they played before them. Why would you rest your players for the HARDER team? It was a no lose situation for Pop. Either his scrubs get blown out and its an understandable learning experience OR his 2nd unit makes a game out of it and gains that much more confidence. GENIUS

vCash
    The logic here was that is was a nationally televised game on TNT and , Stern indicated the lifeline of NBA basketball is the contract that the NBA has with National Tv.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder-Sooner View Post
    What a ******** response.
    ******** questions deserve ******** responses.

vCash
    Stern knows better than to touch the HEAT. Sacred cows get preferred treatment.

vCash

Also, of course it is not a rule don't be a smartass.
    LOL the reason Pop rested his players against miami was to maximize his wins potential. Pop saw the schedule and knew the chance to lose against miami was higher then other games so he rested them that game instead resting them another game losing then playing miami and possibly losing again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    Kawhi is nothing but a average player on a good system.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    As we all know the Spurs have been fined $250 000 for not playing the big three. My question is this: Will the Heat also be fined for doing the same thing? The last two games of the season last year the Heat benched LBJ, Wade and Bosh. Since Stern thinks this is a fine-worthy offense, is he going to go back and retrospectively fine other teams that have done this?

I was at the game against the celtics and all these people that are *****ing about the spurs didn't say **** last year
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    I kind of agree with this, but then we'd end up will BB in a helicopter trying to fly over random football fields all over the country.
    Big Brother is watching

vCash
    **** cheating fans. if i am spurs fan i am happy as hack because they will be well rested.

vCash
    national tv and it being the spurs only trip to miami is why they were fined but really because it was a nationally televised game
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    - Arthur Schopenauer

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456