Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Angel Pagan??

vCash
    bball,

The Braves got better because they didn't even have a replacement level CF on the roster. BJ is an easy 3 wins above replacement and probably a net of 4 wins for the Braves.

Hanson's been falling apart in recent years. This trade signals that the Braves do not expect him to recover. He very well may, but I'm going to trust that the Braves know how to evaluate their pitchers.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

vCash
    The Braves lose Bourne and get Upton. But Chipper retired. Now that is a big loss.
    Last edited by SJSF; 12-03-2012 at 04:18 PM.

vCash
    Losey goosey

vCash
    Upton gives them a center fielder but really the only thing he does better than Bourn is power and there is no saying Upton won't go back to hitting 15 home runs next year.

Losing Chipper was huge and now they lost a leadoff hitter. Uptons OBP was only .298 last year.

I agree Hanson was struggling but he is only 26 and his problem seems to be controlling the long ball trading him for a 7th inning guy seems to be undervaluing a guy who has the stuff Hanson does. Walden has a good arm but not very impressive numbers.

I think a lot of the moves by other teams are helping out the Phils..We just have to get a couple reliable guys in the pen.

Just my opinion though.

vCash
    Ah, I get it. You were talking about year-to-year comparison.

Walden is a second division closer, not a 7th inning reliever.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

vCash
    Rosenthal reports SF and Pagan close to deal.... Victorino anyone? Lol

vCash
    The Giants and Angel Pagan are close to reaching an agreement to bring Pagan back to San Francisco, reports Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports (via Twitter).
    Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#m274EpZMkCsBhYpC.99
    EmeElBeTeeArr

Props.LgnD.

vCash
    What the Phillies should be doing is gambling on Hamilton, Bourn, or Swisher falling through the cracks.

The challenge is still getting a bargain when that happens. Prince Fielder still made a boat even though nobody was bidding on him.

vCash
    Hamilton = Inevitable.
    PROUD CHARTER MEMBER: Phillies PSD HAll of Fame, Class of '08.
    [

ALL YOUR ACE ARE BELONG TO US.

vCash
    Reuben...don't know what us going on....
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

vCash
    It's curious, two decent CFers have signed now. The Phillies were finalists for both and yet came in with offers well below what was obviously necessary. What I've heard leads me to believe they wanted Pagan at 3/27.

The plot thickens. It seems clear to me that the Phillies have a specific target but are willing to take somebody else if they can get a very good price.

vCash
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...gel-pagan.html
    2 down... I'm spoiled...not used to not getting our guy! I smell a Hamilton... 3 yrs/ $58 mill haha

vCash
    Pagan 4 years 40m goiing back to the Gints.

vCash
    4/40m

Props.LgnD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The A Team View Post
    How did you reach this conclusion. Teams see Pagan as roughly comparable to BJ except Pagan has more uncertainty. He'll probably get a similar annual rate for fewer years.
    I take it you will now apologize and say yes you were right. i said 8-10m Phils offered 9 and Gints offered 10m. 15m??? LOL

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast