Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Angel Pagan??

vCash
    How would you suppose the Phillies get Justin Upton...we dont have the resources. The Phillies arent entitled to players like some of you would like to think.
    Proud Temple University Alumni
    Eagles: Jeremy Maclin
    Phillies: Jake Diekman
    76ers: Nerlens Noel
    Flyers: Brayden Schenn
    Temple Football: P.J. Walker/Zaire Williams
    Temple Basketball: Quenton DeCosey

...the beginning of a Philly Dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I hate domes... Brees wouldnt have a Job if there were no Domes

vCash
    Would I rather have Pagan over Bourn? Probably because of financial reasons, but if Pagan makes anything close to what Bourn is going to then I think I'm going to pass here as well.

THANK YOU DANNY B #48

vCash

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Synyster89 View Post
    I love your arrogance when all you are is a fan. glad your not the GM. Also you complain about being a 3rd place team but guess what Hamilton doesnt guarantee ANYTHING!!! And if we sign him to a huge deal you better not complain when the Phillies are a 5th place team annually in five years.
    you're comments are great. it's annoying constantly seeing all these suggestions that would only work on PlayStation.

vCash
    syn is a debbie downer...although true lol
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

vCash
    If BJ got 15m per, Pagan will get 8-10m. He is a nice player. BUt i can see them sign Youk and him.

vCash
    I called for Pagan to come here at the beginning of the offseason, his numbers are very similar (actually in my opinion slightly better than bourn). I believe that signing him on a 10m per year contract (nothing more than that though)would be great for this team. I think the next move COULD be Hamilton, I wouldn't be surpised to see them sign both or even Swisher. But I would much rather them, go grab a youk or trade for a 3b, get a nice bullpen piece, and solid #4 starting pitcher (I want Shaun Marcum). I think it would be better for them to have much more well rounded team. Also, I think that signing Hamilton is scary in the sense that the core of this lineup I cant see getting more than 100 games together in the 345 hole. Hamilton Utley Howard of course, which isn't definite of course, but it scares me a bit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by philsphan123 View Post
    syn is a debbie downer...although true lol
    he works for the iron pigs..so he is entitled to call people ridiculous (not rediculous) in almost every post he replies to....
    Last edited by djmar; 12-01-2012 at 08:42 PM.

vCash
    Philly continues to go hard on Angel Pagan; Giants look to be short right now on how much they're offering annually, in a four-year deal.
    https://twitter.com/Buster_ESPN/stat...70269268303873
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillies1980 View Post
    Apparently, Plan B is Angel Pagan according to Ken Rosenthal.

Not enough power. Period. After seeing the Braves, Nats, and even the Mets make big moves....is this time to panic?

If they (somehow) make a splash at 3B...you can justify Pagan....but unless it's Chase Headley...ugh.
    What big moves did the mets make? Resigning Wright? Really??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    That scares the hell out of me.

FIRE ME!

I dont do five year plans other organizations do, I guess. - Ruben Amaro Jr

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IBleedRed(duh) View Post
    What big moves did the mets make? Resigning Wright? Really??
    Big for them.... Point is Phillies haven't done squat.

vCash
    Take him off our hands please! I'm not saying this in a malicious manner by any means as Pagan was a fan favorite, but the rumors for the kind of money he might get is absolutely absurd.
    "It's already over. All hopes aside and being only realistic. The Giants won't make the post season with the Dodgers and the Rockies in the same division."
    -rarryronds (06/03/2010 - on the Giants 2010 season)

"Stephen Curry is not a point guard"
    -asandhu23 (May 5, 2011)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SJSF View Post
    If BJ got 15m per, Pagan will get 8-10m. He is a nice player. BUt i can see them sign Youk and him.
    How did you reach this conclusion. Teams see Pagan as roughly comparable to BJ except Pagan has more uncertainty. He'll probably get a similar annual rate for fewer years.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

vCash
    I don't understand how the Braves got better..they traded a young ace for a 7th inning guy? Walden has an arm and although Hanson really struggled this year I think everyone knows what he can do.
    BJ Upton Hasn't hit over 250 in four years and his power is about as streaky as his brothers. A big contract for a 255 career hitter who struck out over 160 times last year? No thanks. Yes he has potential but that doesn't mean he is ever going to use it. Average Defender also. I would be much happier with Pagan. Phillies need consistant hitters, guys who can actually put the ball in play. Aim for Pagan and Youk and load up the bullpen. Figgins may be a nice buy low kind of player who can play multiple positions and a change of scenery can get him back on track. He was a guy who really knew how to work a count with the Angels.

vCash
    He'd actually he a good pickup

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast