Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Angel Pagan??

vCash

Angel Pagan??

Apparently, Plan B is Angel Pagan according to Ken Rosenthal.

Not enough power. Period. After seeing the Braves, Nats, and even the Mets make big moves....is this time to panic?

If they (somehow) make a splash at 3B...you can justify Pagan....but unless it's Chase Headley...ugh.

vCash
    Seeing as the Giants hit so many homers last year, obviously home runs mean a lot to winning championships.

FIRE ME!

“I don’t do five year plans — other organizations do, I guess.” - Ruben Amaro Jr

vCash
    I'd be more them fine with Pagan, but I obviously want Hamilton. They'll probably add someone like a Cody Ross as well if its Pagan.

vCash
    I have a terrible feeling we are going to miss out on every free agent and we're going to see John Mayberry patrolling center field, Freddy galvis playing 3rd base, and Aumont, Bastrado, Stutes etc pitching the 8th inning in games.

We seem to be sliding back while the braves and nationals are surging.

vCash
    Assuming he signs a reasonable contract, I'm for it. Lets keep our draft picks while bringing in nice additions to help us compete.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    Pagan has been my favorite option all along, but I have a feeling that competition for his services is going to push his contract up around the 3-45 or 4-56 level.

At which point, it would have been better to commit to Upton.

Bowan,

Of course the Phillies are back sliding. How long can a team remain competitive without developing one star prospect? The last major talent that graduated to the MLB level was Cole Hamels.
    Last edited by The A Team; 12-01-2012 at 07:11 AM.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Illa215 View Post
    Seeing as the Giants hit so many homers last year, obviously home runs mean a lot to winning championships.
    You are correct..but it is all relative to to the park you play in. If that Giants team played in CBP they wouldn't have been as successful.... Gaps aren't big enough to play small ball. In this park...power wins ballgames. Same in Cincy...

vCash
    Im ok with pagan as long as the next move is either Hamilton or Swisher. The Phillies do need some more pop in the lineup. They are not a team set up to need 3 hits to score a run. That was proven the last 2 years. This team needs someone to hit in the middle of the order that can hit 25-35HRs period.

With the TV deal right around the corner the Phillies must put together 2 great years to get maximum deal. They are looking at a 6 billion dollar deal if they stay on top. Dont blow this by not spending money now. Need to spend money to make money.

vCash
    ^ There wouldn't be a Hamilton/Swisher if we signed Pagan. Not enough money to go around.
    Long Drive: A Phillies Blog

@LineyPLD on Twitter

Member:
    Phillies PSD Hall Of Fame, Class of 2009
    Eagles PSD Hall Of Fame, Inaugural Class of 2009
    Sixers PSD Hall Of Fame, Class of 2010

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Philsforever View Post
    Im ok with pagan as long as the next move is either Hamilton or Swisher. The Phillies do need some more pop in the lineup. They are not a team set up to need 3 hits to score a run. That was proven the last 2 years. This team needs someone to hit in the middle of the order that can hit 25-35HRs period.

With the TV deal right around the corner the Phillies must put together 2 great years to get maximum deal. They are looking at a 6 billion dollar deal if they stay on top. Dont blow this by not spending money now. Need to spend money to make money.
    You guys are rediculous...how much money do you think this team has??? Pagan is a perfect fit...less.years, much less money, for not much of a drop off in talent than Upton or Bourn. The Phillies cant keep throwing blank checks at every big name player they see. I would be thrilled and proud if the Phillies actually made cost effective moves for once and not just short sighted moves. Honestly the Philles are a relative long shot at a WS even with Hamilton/Swisher so it would just be a huge waste of money and an unnecesary assumption of risk.
    Proud Temple University Alumni
    Eagles: Jeremy Maclin
    Phillies: Jake Diekman
    76ers: Nerlens Noel
    Flyers: Brayden Schenn
    Temple Football: P.J. Walker/Zaire Williams
    Temple Basketball: Quenton DeCosey

...the beginning of a Philly Dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I hate domes... Brees wouldnt have a Job if there were no Domes

vCash
    [QUOTE=Synyster89;24529553]You guys are rediculous...how much money do you think this team has??? Pagan is a perfect fit...less.years, much less money, for not much of a drop off in talent than Upton or Bourn. The Phillies cant keep throwing blank checks at every big name player they see. I would be thrilled and proud if the Phillies actually made cost effective moves for once and not just short sighted moves. Honestly the Philles are a relative long shot at a WS even with Hamilton/Swisher so it would just be a huge waste of money and an unnecesary assumption of risk.[/

1st the phils have about 35-40mil to spend this year. And if you are happy with finishing 3rd explain that to the sell out crowds spending on average $40 a ticket. If you want to continue selling out you have to continue spending money trying to win the WS every yr. I think a pagan hamilton offseason puts them right in the thick of things again. you take you affordable deals to the marlins. We in philly wont settle for a 3rd place team

vCash
    To fill all their holes, they are going to have to mix free agent signings with trades. They're not going to be able to compete in free agency for 2 OF, a setup 8 th inning reliever and a 3rd basemen.

Best bet is probably Bourn or Pagan with Youkalis in free agency
    Trade from their catcher or SP minor league depth for a set up man.
    Start the year with RUF, Brown, Mayberry manning RF and LF and trading for a corner OF during the season if need be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bowan1228 View Post
    To fill all their holes, they are going to have to mix free agent signings with trades. They're not going to be able to compete in free agency for 2 OF, a setup 8 th inning reliever and a 3rd basemen.

Best bet is probably Bourn or Pagan with Youkalis in free agency
    Trade from their catcher or SP minor league depth for a set up man.
    Start the year with RUF, Brown, Mayberry manning RF and LF and trading for a corner OF during the season if need be.
    I feel that Bourn is way too pricey for their liking...if they are out on Hamilton, I feel it will be Pagan or Victorino and Swisher or Ludwick or Ross, and platoon the other guys...Youk would be a nice addition with those 2 OF spots

If they fill their lineup like this, it is definitely a team, combined with the starting staff that can compete for a World Series...however, the bullpen would, of course, need to be upgraded...look at the Giants...I know they have timely hitting, but their 2 World Series', the common denominator there is a dominant bullpen, which is what we had in 08.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Philsforever View Post
    1st the phils have about 35-40mil to spend this year. And if you are happy with finishing 3rd explain that to the sell out crowds spending on average $40 a ticket. If you want to continue selling out you have to continue spending money trying to win the WS every yr. I think a pagan hamilton offseason puts them right in the thick of things again. you take you affordable deals to the marlins. We in philly wont settle for a 3rd place team
    I love your arrogance when all you are is a fan. So your going to spend 25 million on Hamilton and 10 on Pagan...great you spend all of you $ on two players and still have HUGE holes on the team...glad your not the GM. Also you complain about being a 3rd place team but guess what Hamilton doesnt guarantee ANYTHING!!! And if we sign him to a huge deal you better not complain when the Phillies are a 5th place team annually in five years.
    Proud Temple University Alumni
    Eagles: Jeremy Maclin
    Phillies: Jake Diekman
    76ers: Nerlens Noel
    Flyers: Brayden Schenn
    Temple Football: P.J. Walker/Zaire Williams
    Temple Basketball: Quenton DeCosey

...the beginning of a Philly Dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I hate domes... Brees wouldnt have a Job if there were no Domes

vCash
    pagan, youlk and WATCH we gonna get some old Guy LIke Alfonso Soriano for cheap

PLEASEEE JUSTIN UPTON!!!!!

Hes might be going to Braves too Justin

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast