Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EvanTurner View Post
    Got I hate when people qoute ricky and im forced to read his obssession with turner. I think hed drink turners bath water
    Me thinks it's YOU who are obsessed with him. In my most recent posts I spent time discussing Hawes, Thad, Iggy, Lou, Jrue and Turner.

Yet the ONLY one you pick out is Turner.

Got the hots for him?

I'm kidding. I mean it's not like you named yourself after him or anyth---- Oh wait.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    Sure you do. You just asked me specific questions. And I cannot even imagine a circumstance where I would have asked you one.

I believe you hate reading what I write because it occurs to you that I know more than you. Much easier to say "I don't care" than "I just learned something!"
    i said i dont care about what u wrote in another read, i asked a question and you failed to asnwer. you can claim you know more about basketball than me and the rest of this forum for that matter but you dont nor are you the only coach or player in here.

RETURN OF THE MAC

vCash
    Turner is actually averaging more points, rebounds, and assists than Iguodala. I know that doesn't mean he's better, but I"m just saying. I like Turner, let's just hope we don't give him max money so we continue to like him.

vCash
    Jrue is better. That's for sure.
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

vCash

evan turner: i'm in

Better than who?

Iggy? Yeah, he is.

Both jrue and turner are better than iggy

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MylesKong View Post
    Jrue is better. That's for sure.
    Def. I'm just saying that while Iguodala is still considered to be better than Turner, their statistics are similar and Turner is making probably not even 1/3 of what Iguodala is making. Not to mention Turner got way better when Iguodala left, and Gallinari is doing way worse in Denver now that Denver is there. Coincidence? Not so sure...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    Better than who?

Iggy? Yeah, he is.

Shhh... You're gonna make Ricky blow a gasket with comments like this haha

vCash
    Better than who?

Iggy? Yeah, he is.

Hahaha.

Yes, well I suspect Hydro is simply trying to get a reaction from me. Even he is not that...uh...shortsighted?

But I suspect he'll point to both Jrue and Evan making this year's All Star team in order to make his point--

Oh wait.

Scratch that.

I suspect he'll point to other nonsense which he'll simply make up to try to 'win' an argument.

Meanwhile every single player and coach in the NBA would fart in Hydro's general, absurd direction.

vCash
    Better than who?

Iggy? Yeah, he is.

...lul what?

2012 allstar

vCash
    This chatter of hoping turner doesnt get a max deal or saying that he is better than iggy is mind boggling i mean i know you guys. Are happy hes showing signs of life but this is the same guy u all said might just be better to be benched and even his biggest supporters gave up on him like a month or 2 ago? WHATS THE DEAL WITH THE MANAIC HIGHS AND LOWS. the truth is he will always be a good starter on a contender u know that type of player 3rd or 4th banana.I said this when he got drafted i said this in his 2nd year i said this when everyone fliped a **** at the start of his 3rd season acting like he wasnt an NBA player and im saying it now. its it that hard to accept that turner is not a scrub nor an allstar? he is a role player a damn good one but a role player let it go.

2012 allstar

vCash

evan turner: i'm in

So is iggy

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thevcballer View Post
    This chatter of hoping turner doesnt get a max deal or saying that he is better than iggy is mind boggling i mean i know you guys. Are happy hes showing signs of life but this is the same guy u all said might just be better to be benched and even his biggest supporters gave up on him like a month or 2 ago? WHATS THE DEAL WITH THE MANAIC HIGHS AND LOWS. the truth is he will always be a good starter on a contender u know that type of player 3rd or 4th banana.I said this when he got drafted i said this in his 2nd year i said this when everyone fliped a **** at the start of his 3rd season acting like he wasnt an NBA player and im saying it now. its it that hard to accept that turner is not a scrub nor an allstar? he is a role player a damn good one but a role player let it go.
    what kind of numbers do you think ET needs to be considered an all-star? assuming he continues to improve the next couple years he is on his way to being an all-star level player.

RETURN OF THE MAC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    what kind of numbers do you think ET needs to be considered an all-star? assuming he continues to improve the next couple years he is on his way to being an all-star level player.
    Raw numbers - 19-20 points per game, 7 boards, and the Sixers have to be good for him to get noticed and taken seriously. If/when he can get his scoring up to an "allstar level," then he'll start garnering attention for an invite to the ASG.

Believe me though, I'm the last person to think that being an allstar or putting up sexy scoring numbers actually matters. I'm much more interested in Turner's future development as a defender, a smarter player, and a more efficient scorer (better percentages, better shots, getting to the line, etc). But for the purposes of the question, I'd say that's what it will take. And it wouldn't even matter if he was a terribly inefficient scorer, played no defense, or if he turned the ball over 3+ times a game. People are idiots, and they'd look at him and say "oooh ahhh he scores 20 ppg, he's an allstar!"

vCash
    Raw numbers - 19-20 points per game, 7 boards, and the Sixers have to be good for him to get noticed and taken seriously. If/when he can get his scoring up to an "allstar level," then he'll start garnering attention for an invite to the ASG.
    over the last 14 games, turner has averaged 17.6 points, 6.7 rebounds, and 4.4 assists while shooting 46/43/78 from the field/3P line/FT line.

vCash
    Better than who?

Iggy? Yeah, he is.

By the end of the year, I could see Jrue being better. As for Turner, no way. Iggy is having a down year, but he so much superior to Turner on defense there is no comparison and Turner doesn't shoot well enough from the floor to have any clear offensive advantages. Iggy can slow perimeter players down, Turner gets abused by high caliber offensive players.

Turner is 9th in shots blocked in basketball for a wing, his lack of athleticism makes it hard for him to dominant a game scoring in the paint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast