Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    It wasnt his teammates.... It was good defense by boston. They trapped him well and often. When he drove, they were ready with 2 defenders so he had trouble getting all the way to the rim and he typically had a hand in his face on those pull ups

If anything he should have reacted better to the defense and looked for the open man before he got caught
    Agreed. I said it before, the Celts are the best perimeter defense we've faced this season. They really put pressure at the top of the key and force those long-two's because they don't respect our big men (nor should they). This leads to tough forced attempts by both Jrue and E.T and makes Wright and J Rich hitting 3's an imperative key to keeping us in the game. Wright and JRich weren't making shots yesterday, and that made life for Jrue and E.T THAT much more difficult.

vCash
    I'm still not sold that ET has turned a corner into anything more than a solid starter (which does a have certain value), whereas he was a rotational player before. He has improved, but he still isn't' where we need him to be if he is going to be our third option (from a efficiency perspective).

The fact that he is shooting 45% from 3 and 43% from the field worries me even with his improved FT rate. He is also shooting 52% from 10-15 feet. Shot selection needs to improve and he still needs to get to the rim more. Is it him settling or is it because he is unable to consistently get to and finish around the rim (I think its mostly likely a little of both).

Still plenty of season to go and he will have plenty of opportunities to continue to grow this year (without Bynum).
    Last edited by Knowledge; 12-09-2012 at 02:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge View Post
    I'm still not sold that ET has turned a corner into anything more than a solid starter (which does a have certain value), whereas he was a rotational player before. He has improved, but he still isn't' where we need him to be if he is going to be our third option (from a efficiency perspective).

The fact that he is shooting 45% from 3 and 43% from the field worries me even with his improved FT rate. He is also shooting 52% from 10-15 feet. Shot selection needs to improve and he still needs to get to the rim more. Is it him settling or is it because he is unable to consistently get to and finish around the rim (I think its mostly likely a little of both).

Still plenty of season to go and he will have plenty of opportunities to continue to grow this year (without Bynum).
    I don't think anyone has.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SJSF View Post
    Good to see that Evan can be a better stat stuffer then Iggy. I alway said if we get rid of Iggy, Jrue and ET would get a chance. Well i was right. Et and Jrue are showing that they will be corner stones for this team for a decade
    Ummmmm no.... Iggy was always better at putting up volume numbers than Evan has shown to be thus far.

And again ummmmm getting a bit ahead of ourselves are we? Jordan and Pippen were decade long cornerstones, Malone and Stockton, Frazier and Reed, Bird and McHale and most recently now Westbrook and Durant. Jrue and Evan are proving that they can become the 2nd and 3rd offensive options on a contender but still need that legit #1 to carry them, especially for a decade.
    Last edited by Swashcuff; 12-09-2012 at 07:55 AM.

vCash
    In the last four games, ET has shot the ball 20 times per.

Twenty.

Oh, and we're 1-3.

Psssst, ET: When outside the paint and in front of the arc - don't shoot the ball. (Go back and re-read that sentence.)

You have become a decent facilitator; go with that. You aren't the scorer you think you are. And so twenty shots is outrageous. And selfish. And dumb.

Do as I say and start helping the team win.

Thank you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    In the last four games, ET has shot the ball 20 times per.

Twenty.

Oh, and we're 1-3.

Psssst, ET: When outside the paint and in front of the arc - don't shoot the ball. (Go back and re-read that sentence.)

You have become a decent facilitator; go with that. You aren't the scorer you think you are. And so twenty shots is outrageous. And selfish. And dumb.

Do as I say and start helping the team win.

Thank you.
    LOL who else do u suggest take more shots? Nick Young has been out and Wright is struggling.

RETURN OF THE MAC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge View Post

I think that life is becoming harder for both ET and holiday because defenses are keying in on them with no interior presence to keep defenses honest.

Especially against a good defense like boston and chicago, things will be harder for them driving the lane because they can easily double, or even triple team any penetrator without much fear.
    Last edited by BChydro86; 12-09-2012 at 12:57 PM.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    LOL who else do u suggest take more shots? Nick Young has been out and Wright is struggling.
    1. Jrue, Thad, JRich, Hawes and Lavoy all shoot better percentages inside the arc. So any of them.

2. I'd like to vote to outlaw men from using the term "LOL".

vCash

evan turner: i'm in

Jrichs shot off the dribble resembles iggys to the point that jrich needs to get himself open for opportunities off the catch and shoot to be successful... thad as well.

which leads me to this:

Evan has been getting caught a lot recently ( against boston and chicago namely) on his drives, he has not been making defenses pay for 2 reasons: 1. He is not looking to make the dish out, or 2. His teammates arent getting open in a position where he can make the pass.... And quite frankly im not sure which is it.... But i would like to see thad, jrich, holiday, young, and wright all get better at playing off turner when the defenses collapse on him, cause turner doesnt seem to know what to do other than take a contested pull up.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash

Also, we have no big man offenaive threat, which constantly makes everything harder for everyone especially jrue and et

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    1. Jrue, Thad, JRich, Hawes and Lavoy all shoot better percentages inside the arc. So any of them.

2. I'd like to vote to outlaw men from using the term "LOL".
    Job 1 for Jrue is to make plays and get assists and he gets plenty of shots. Thad doesnt have plays ran for him, Hawes and Lavoy are pretty much useless right now and dont deserve 10+ shots. JRich is good enough to get himself 15+ shots a night either

RETURN OF THE MAC

vCash

Jrich and thad can both have 15 shots a night whenever they want.... Same with nick young and dorell wright...

Scratch that.... They cant have those shots whenever they want, they can have those shots whenever they put themselves in opportunities to be successful and open.

ET, however does need to look for them before the defenses close in on him.... They all need to get better at this especially with turner now running the point about half the time hes on the floor.

Holiday has gotten better in that area, hopefully turner follows suit.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    20 shots is too many for a below average shooter. Can't even imagine someone arguing against that. unless of course they are solely trying to win an argument.

don't listen to them Evan. you are not a great NBA scorer and therefore should limit your shots to high percentage ones. contribute in other ways.

vCash

Its like u didnt read a word i (or anyone else) wrote and are talking to no one except urself and some imaginary evan turner who reads this forum

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    PnR's really are hurting the team since our bigs are so useless. At the same time, Evan and Jrue are settling at times for horrible shots. I would like to see us give Jrue more freedom to go one on one by spreading the court with shooters and having the bigs stay out of his way.

Evan needs to control himself and stop playing so out of control (especially toward the end of the games). Sometime when he has good games it is a double edged sword because he starts to believe the shots he was hitting when he was hot will be there consistently.

Those fade-away step backs and pull ups should minimized. Even if he is a good mid range shooter, he can't keep relying on it like he has.
    Last edited by Knowledge; 12-09-2012 at 03:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast