Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash

evan turner: i'm in

^ our offense now is better than those 3 would ever be

Bynum, jrue, turner, thad is just as much fun, probably more-so

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Well Bynum doesn't feel that fun right now, but yeah, I'm not denying our current team are fun also.

But a Jrue/Iggy/Favors based D could be a real sight.

vCash

The problem that we have had since AI left would still hold true. No scoring option outside if holiday, and i dont know that i trust my pg to be that guy.

I like what turner and thad bring next to holiday, and if we had a better defensive 5 u wouldnt wish for favors so much.....

But yeah, thats why we nees bynum so bad. But a guy like nikola pekovic or gortat will give u jus as much as favors and u wont have to pay them 12mil just cause they were a young 6'10 guy who was drafted 3rd overall

U could probably trade bynums expiring (if ur really down on him) for a guy like nene (if nene is healthy)
    Last edited by BChydro86; 12-02-2012 at 10:42 PM.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bholly:24554203
    Well Bynum doesn't feel that fun right now, but yeah, I'm not denying our current team are fun also.

Nothing involving Iggy was fun.

vCash

The dunks in the open court were fun.... If only he took the ball the the rim (ever) in the half court and did the same thing

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    But yeah, thats why we nees bynum so bad. But a guy like nikola pekovic or gortat will give u jus as much as favors and u wont have to pay them 12mil just cause they were a young 6'10 guy who was drafted 3rd overall
    i'm pretty sure that both pekovic and gortat will make something like 12 million when their next contracts are signed (this year for pekovic, next year for gortat).
    i think that's overstated. one of the things that most good/great defenses have in common is a lot of experience (and as a corollary, one of the things most bad defenses have in common is a lack of experience). maybe jrue and favors could have bucked that, but i think it's more likely that they'd have been good, but not great, at least up until this point in their careers.

just as a frame of reference, of the top 10 defensive teams (by measure of D-rating) OKC and indiana are the youngest, and they have an average age of 26, which is the 13th youngest team in the NBA.
    and in contrast, among the 10 youngest teams, the highest ranked team is the sixers and they're ranked 13th in the NBA in D-rating.

vCash

I doubt gortat or pekovic get 10mil in this market with the new cba provisions kicking in.

More like 8 for each.

But nba gms are stupid, so who knows

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bholly View Post
    Wow, those shot charts are amazing. I use BBR a lot, and look at shot charts a lot, and I had no idea they were there. Thanks!

They could do with being made into heat maps, because they become a mess after a full season, but still a pretty amazing resource.
    I posted about vorped.com in the stats forum a little while back you should take a look at that and the other sites that are available. From the posts you were making I thought you were getting your info from there actually.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swashcuff View Post
    I posted about vorped.com in the stats forum a little while back you should take a look at that and the other sites that are available. From the posts you were making I thought you were getting your info from there actually.
    Thanks man, good stuff. I mostly use BBR and Hoopdata, because the search functions are great and you can copy/paste easy, so I can throw things into excel when I want to calculate things nobody tracks.
    Every time I think I've found a good new site I end up finding something I hate about it - database is shallow, they've stopped updating, search is unusable, etc - but I've got to start checking out some of the ones recommended in there, they look great.

They really need to add a link to the stats forum in the menu at the top - I always forget it's there, even though I like it every time I go in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bholly View Post
    Thanks man, good stuff. I mostly use BBR and Hoopdata, because the search functions are great and you can copy/paste easy, so I can throw things into excel when I want to calculate things nobody tracks.
    Every time I think I've found a good new site I end up finding something I hate about it - database is shallow, they've stopped updating, search is unusable, etc - but I've got to start checking out some of the ones recommended in there, they look great.

They really need to add a link to the stats forum in the menu at the top - I always forget it's there, even though I like it every time I go in.
    Yeah they really need to its really dead over there and with all these new sites, opinions and data being brought forward some stimulating conversation can be good. Instead most of the convos are in the NBA Forum where the threads are destined to be trolled.

vCash
    Good to see that Evan can be a better stat stuffer then Iggy. I alway said if we get rid of Iggy, Jrue and ET would get a chance. Well i was right. Et and Jrue are showing that they will be corner stones for this team for a decade

vCash
    while this could end up being true for ET, he missed 16 shots yesterday...I don't like seeing that stat stuffed in there...

vCash
    Most those 16 were because everybody else was just standing around doing nothing with the clock running low

vCash
    I get that, and I love ET...but he mentioned stat stuffing...

vCash

It wasnt his teammates.... It was good defense by boston. They trapped him well and often. When he drove, they were ready with 2 defenders so he had trouble getting all the way to the rim and he typically had a hand in his face on those pull ups

If anything he should have reacted better to the defense and looked for the open man before he got caught

gotta pay the troll toll

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast