Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash

evan turner: i'm in

I dont see how u can bust him for being the 2nd overall pick.

Its not like favors or cousins are huge upgrades/potential superstars either.

Hell, wall is probably a holiday-level player....

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post

Right...the "he's the 2nd overall pick argument" is not valid at this point. I don't know that there's 5 players I'd take in that draft over ET currently. I guess given the current roster, I'd take Monroe and would probably take a gamble on Favors but that would be hindsight because at the time the Sixers had Brand for 3 more years.

Not suggesting ET has lived up to his expectations or played at a high level but where he was drafted is just not valid because even if there was a redraft right now, at worst he goes in the top 5 in that draft.

vCash

evan turner: i'm in

Monroe would prob go number 1.

Then its all about need. Cousins has the skills, but he screams empty numbers to me, time will tell if he turns into derrick coleman (bad) or zach randolph (good). If i was a betting man, id lean coleman.

Wall.... I honestly dont know what to think of him, he should be a chris paul/derrick rose hybrid, but he hasnt put it together as quick as he should have.

Favors.... Seems like just a good defensive 4/5 who plays D and can score a bit.... We wont know what he really is until they move jefferson.

Turner... If he keeps up this level of play, how many 2s are better than him? 5 or 6? Gotta put him in the top 10 at his position.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Didn't lose hope in the very least in Turner to start this season. Main reason was because of the main fact that despite we saw quite a few stinkers from him early on damn near every game there was a positive improvement in which to take away from it. Whether it be his 3 point shooting, shot selection, rebounding, playmaking, mid range shooting, ball control etc all aspects of his game that he has shown improvement in this season (well maybe not his rebounding but it was good to see him crashing the offensive glass a bit more). The only aspect of his game that he really didn't show much glimmers of hope has been his D. Though not a liability on that end of the floor this season he really hasn't shown much improvement over the entirety of any games IMO. Despite that though its an improvement overall from him nonetheless. Really showed us this season the meaning phrase "one step at a time".

I'm not sold on Turner being a 17-18 scorer this season but the strides he has made early on is very impressive IMO. This isn't just a burst of good play from him either like we're accustomed to but rather a string of play that was bound to happen given the positive signs he gave to start.

vCash
    Cousins I agree has the numbers, but alot of those numbers are late-in-the-game numbers after Sac was Blown out. And Cousins shoots a Horrible percentage, and is a MAJOR Locker room Cancer as well.

vCash
    I was starting to lose faith in the guy, but this has definitely been his longest streak of success. The inconsistency is what I think most of us find disheartening. I'll be thrilled if he keeps playing like this

Good job Evan!

vCash
    He needs to fix his attitude if he ever wants to live up to expectations

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post

I take Holiday over wall.
    Wall has shown NOTHING to take him over jrue to this point.

vCash
    Once again, it all comes down to moving past the 2nd overall pick stigma. That draft class is looking like one of the weaker classes of this generation, and we just happened to get the 2nd overall pick to it.

His biggest weakness was that he was basically living off of 2 point jump shots. Now he is scoring extra points, which has made his game way more efficient.

I don't think anyone could say they saw ET shooting 44% from 3 or that they expect him to continue to do so, so I'm waiting too see more games play out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    Im glad we are finally starting to see Turner play at a high level one way or another.

vCash
    E.T's starting to pick it up but I'll remain cautiously optimistic.

We've seen these hot stretches before and how quickly he can come down from those.

But you have to be pleased with his overall numbers this year, 14 ppg, 7 rpg, 4 apg, 45%FG 44%3pt 83%FT. That's exactly what you want out of him at this point and it's nice to see him finally picking his spots and letting the defense dictate where he goes with the ball. If he's open, he'll pull up. If a big guys on him, he'll attack the rim.

E.T v.s OKC
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btxg3rOP8l8

v.s Dallas
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jeEzKb2PPY

It's clear that he's much more comfortable finding his shots, I'm just worried he'll eventually settle back into being the brick-shooting tease we've grown accustomed to.
    KJ MCDANIELS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thevcballer View Post
    I take Holiday over wall.
    Wall has shown NOTHING to take him over jrue to this point.
    Oh most definitely.

Jrue does everything better than Wall besides running fast.
    KJ MCDANIELS

vCash
    aaaand public opinion swings back the other way.

For what it's worth I think his production for the last few games overstates where he's really at - he's been shooting a crazy level that is nowhere near sustainable - but I do like how as the season's gone on the things he was doing much better at the start (which I was cautious about because of the sample size) seem to have continued. He's getting to the line much more (at a rate that's genuinely respectable for top wings - and it isn't just because he's our tech shooter now), and he's kept up the hot three point shooting (and has shown the discipline to stick to the one he can hit). Those were the two big problems he had scoring-wise, and it's great that he's showing improvement there.
    Also, something I'm not sure I've ever seen mentioned - the huge leap in his FT shooting is really really going to help long term if he can sustain it. An extra point or two a game, and will give him the confidence to try and get to the line more. Excellent.

There's still a long way to go, though - he needs to seriously cut down on the awful long twos, which he's shooting more than ever, he needs to quit it with the games where he just never attacks the rim, he needs to show he can sustain the three point shooting over a longer timeline (25 shots still isn't a good sample size - even a .300 shooter has a 10% chance of going 10-25, assuming shots are independent) - and those are just the issues with scoring.
    But he's shown real improvement there, and has taken a pretty big leap in the way he runs the offense when Jrue's out, which I've loved. Defensively there's still work to do, of course, but overall I'm pleased with his progress.
    At this point, there shouldn't really be any talk about him not belonging in the league, or not getting PT on any other team or anything - that sort of stuff was crazy at the beginning of the season and it's crazy now. He's just about a lock to be a pretty good player, probably even a starter on most teams - and the 17/7/4 line or whatever it was that a few laughed at in another thread is definitely in play long term. His ceiling is even higher than that, and he already seems to have reached the 'most likely' line I gave him of 12-14ppg or whatever it was. Hopefully he can continue the improvement and get toward the ceiling lines.

vCash
    Im still optimistic on Turner. Puttin a nice run together but im still not sold. I still think that one bed game and it could stick in his head. Be nice to see how he rebounds from a poor showing down the road. Still dont like his ball handling. Looks like he could be stripped on every dribble

vCash
    Yes, basically without improvement on his 3pt shot, I would have considered Turner a solid rotation player. He could play 20-25 minutes game to fill a role, and depending on if he was shooting well, more. Even with his improved FT rate, I would have needed to see improvement from 3 to consider him a long term starter here (with a healthy Bynum).

Now, with a corner 3pt shot to potentially rely on, and his improved FT rate, he is a viable starter with 15-19 ppg potential. Once again, he is shooting 44% from 3, and on a hot shooting streak overall which isn't sustainable. The all star break is the targeted date (for me) to start reaching conclusions on this team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast