Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 139
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    19,773
    vCash
    1500

    evan turner: i'm in

    The shooting is sustainable if he continues to stat diciplined enough to take the open corner 3s and only attempt other 3s when hit open in rythym. Maybe not at a .400+ clip, but since hes not taking a lot of 3s his percentage should remain above average


    gotta pay the troll toll

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    10,057
    vCash
    1500

    evan turner: i'm in

    If he sustains 14/7 with 3-4 assists this year I'll be very happy. But even at that, it's less about the stats for me for how I feel about Turner. It's more about him looking comfortable, playing with confidence, and having a rhythm on a consistent basis. He's finally starting to show that. For the last two weeks or so it seems like he's finally playing like he belongs in the league. I really hope he keeps it up.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,543
    vCash
    1500
    I hope he keeps it up too, but the shooting hot streak doesn't seem sustainable. I'm a believer and hope he can, but the line has to become a friend to him if he wants to keep scoring 17-18 points on average. He won't be able to shoot 60%+ on a nightly basis, but he can still be effective scoring the ball. I still think it's way too early to judge him for this season, we are barely in, but I do love the recent success.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,232
    vCash
    1500
    It's clear that he's much more comfortable finding his shots, I'm just worried he'll eventually settle back into being the brick-shooting tease we've grown accustomed to.
    which is why i made this thread. i think his issues shooting the ball in previous years was due to him chucking it from anywhere on the court. i referred to this shot chart earlier, and what's there is the reason i'm buying in to him right now.

    it's not just that he's making shots, it's that he's making the same shots. most of his makes are clustered at the elbow, at the foulline, on the baseline, at the rim, and in the short-corner, and that indicates to me that it's not luck that he's making those shots (well, not entirely anyway), it's that he now knows where his hotspots are, and that he now knows how to get there, and how to get his shot off when he gets there.


    as a comparison, this is his chart from last year, and if you notice, there's really no pattern to where his shots came from.

    maybe that's just a sample size issue (he's only taken 1/3 of the shots that he took last year), but i just have the feeling that he's turned the corner.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Posts
    14,914
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NewEraFt.ET12 View Post
    He needs to fix his attitude if he ever wants to live up to expectations
    Expand on this a bit please. I think I understand your POV but I'd just like to understand how him fixing it would make him a better player.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,024
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim View Post
    somewhere ricky prior is secretly rooting for turner to do bad so he doesn't look like a huge idiot douche
    No I disagree...ricky is not rooting secretly rooting for turner to do bad...he's outwardly rooting for him to do bad...

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    4,034
    vCash
    1500
    Change his attitude? Lol wtf its always something with turner huh?

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Posts
    14,914
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by EvanTurner View Post
    Change his attitude? Lol wtf its always something with turner huh?
    You wouldn't find a bigger A.I. jockrider than me here on PSD and even I can admit that had A.I. changed his attitude he'd not only be a better player but he'd still be in the NBA.

    Stop sucking Turner's balls and start wanting what's best for the dude who you're having a man crush over. If you can't want what's best for him then you really aren't a Turner fan.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    4,034
    vCash
    1500
    theres nothing wrong with turners attitude boy

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    4,922
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by A_Bynum_sucks View Post
    Cousins I agree has the numbers, but alot of those numbers are late-in-the-game numbers after Sac was Blown out. And Cousins shoots a Horrible percentage, and is a MAJOR Locker room Cancer as well.
    The Kings are my 2nd team, so it isn't Cousins' fault his shooting % is low because Smart keeps allowing him to take all those stupid outside shots. If he plays to his strengths, all his numbers will get even better.

    And for the most part, he hasn't been the distraction he's been in the past. His main issue is controlling his temper on the court, getting dumb fouls and techs from the refs.

    I still would have taken Cousins over Turner. Talented big men don't grow on trees.

    ahhh... the good ole days

    watch 4free here http://firstrownow.eu

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    9,772
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    which is why i made this thread. i think his issues shooting the ball in previous years was due to him chucking it from anywhere on the court. i referred to this shot chart earlier, and what's there is the reason i'm buying in to him right now.

    it's not just that he's making shots, it's that he's making the same shots. most of his makes are clustered at the elbow, at the foulline, on the baseline, at the rim, and in the short-corner, and that indicates to me that it's not luck that he's making those shots (well, not entirely anyway), it's that he now knows where his hotspots are, and that he now knows how to get there, and how to get his shot off when he gets there.


    as a comparison, this is his chart from last year, and if you notice, there's really no pattern to where his shots came from.

    maybe that's just a sample size issue (he's only taken 1/3 of the shots that he took last year), but i just have the feeling that he's turned the corner.
    Wow, those shot charts are amazing. I use BBR a lot, and look at shot charts a lot, and I had no idea they were there. Thanks!

    They could do with being made into heat maps, because they become a mess after a full season, but still a pretty amazing resource.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,060
    vCash
    1500
    I had been looking at this shot chart from vorped pretty often....

    http://vorped.com/bball/index.php/pl...66-Evan-Turner


    ....hope that's also helpful for people and not already posted as I don't have time to read this entire thread at the moment.

    To those of you who point to the unsustainability of the shooting percentage from ET lately, I agree. My main reason for agreeing is not because I don't think his perimeter shot has improved. It's because....particularly in the 1st half of games...I feel he's shooting too many of them early in games as a spot up shooter. He is an improved shooter, but I doubt he'll become a high volume catch and shoot guy. And particularly in the 1st half of games, that has largely become his role in the half court offense. I'd rather see the offense flowing through him more with him playing off the ball a little less.

    PS: It's about time ET started shooting that corner 3 again. I've been begging for that since the latter part of his rookie season. I believe that shot has come to stay...particularly from the left corner.....46% on 13 attempts from that spot thus far this season...a continuation of what he started to do from that spot the 2nd half of his rookie season. That shot took a 1 year hiatus last season ironically due to the failed work ET put in with Herb Magee. With the shooting stroke that season, he lost the ability he once had to hit that corner 3. ET's shot from that corner is the single best contribution Nocioni has made to this franchise....as he gave him advice that unlocked ET from that spot his rookie year.
    Last edited by wannabGM; 12-02-2012 at 06:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    98
    vCash
    1500
    Let me first state that I was the biggest Wall/Cousins fan.

    Wall cann't operate offense in the half court, terrific athlete amazing at running the floor but really struggles in the half court game.

    Cousins I agree is either Coleman or Randolph. His fg% is low because he settles alot for jumpers..he is capable from that range yes, but because he lacks elite level explosiveness he finds himself getting blocked quite alot so he tends to shoot more jumpers. He is a tenacious offensive rebounder, I hope he gets it together but Sacramento is just a bad place to play.

    Favors and Monroe I would still take over Turner because again, talented bigs are hard to come by but its irrelevant since we took Turner, he is playing well for us. Seems were all pretty pleased

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    19,773
    vCash
    1500

    evan turner: i'm in

    Favors hasnt shown to be more than a taj gibson type player. Not that thats a bad thing at all, favors is good.

    But if turner plays like he has the last bunch of games (including the bulls game, everyone gets a bad shooting night) he may be the better pick.... Especially if bynum plays for us..... Big if at this point, but i hope that makes sense


    gotta pay the troll toll

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    9,772
    vCash
    1500
    A Jrue/Iggy/Favors core would be really really fun to root for and watch develop, I reckon.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •