Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

evan turner: i'm in

over the last 3 years, we've seen him have spurts of scoring, stringing a couple good games together, but i think this one's different.

these last 8 games, he's scored 18 PPG with 7 rebounds, 4 assists, and a 2:1 assist:turnover ratio, and he's done it while shooting 51/42/86 -- 55/107, 8/19, 25/29 -- (FG%/3P%/FT%) while doing it). and it's not just that he's making shots, it's that he's making his shots. guys like kobe (and starbury and nick young and jamal crawford) will take any shot from anywhere on the court at any time, and that was the way turner had been playing his first 2 years here.

but what he's done the last few weeks is, as i said, gone after his shot. if you look at his shot charts on bask-ref and compare this year (and this stretch of games in particular) to previous years, there's a much stronger concentration of shots coming from around the net, at the foulline, and on the baseline, whereas in previous years, there was no such grouping. and it's not just that he's taking those shots, because he's also creating them for himself off the dribble, as opposed to just being set up for them off the catch.

and i think that's important because i think it shows that he now understands where he can his shot off against NBA defenders.

also, he's taking and making enough 3s (he has as many made 3s this year as he had all of last year) to add some extra value to his statline.

he's scoring in the paint, he's scoring on the baseline, he's scoring from the elbow, and the foulline and from the beyond the arc in the short corner.

so, i'm in. 100%. it's probably a little early to say this, but i think he's turned the corner and going forward, i think he's going to be the player we thought he would be when he was drafted.

vCash
    somewhere ricky prior is secretly rooting for turner to do bad so he doesn't look like a huge idiot douche

vCash
    yup I called it along with a couple other sixer fans here, just lije ohio state, year 3 he figures is out and becomes a great player. Turner turning ghe corner and jrue holiday when hes focused and npt being sloppy is goina become a complete pg like turners a complete pg,sg,sf lol. Its good for our organization that these two young studs are here to build around

vCash
    if only wed listened to idiot versions of sixer fans and traded ET lol. Woulda haunted this franchise for 10 years trading away a complete 3 position talent whose only going to get better and better, every game npw ET looks like he knows exactly what he wants to do ob the court, vefy confident out there in whats hes doing. If we can only get bynum back healthy. Look out FINALS

vCash
    Outside of Andrew Bynum's knees being healthy and Jrue holiday developing into a top tier PG, Turner's development was crucial to the franchise. Turner developing into a legit 3rd option makes building this team so much easier because it would have been very difficult to find a guy who could fit that role. He may never be a perennial all star like other #2 overall picks, but he doesn't need to be.

I still want to to see more of this because we have seen ET go on runs before (specifically I want to see him continuing to play efficiently), but I'm pleased with what I have seen in his last few games. If he breaks out this year and proves me wrong for doubting him, I will be ecstatic. I could care less about being wrong if it benefits the team.

Another guy who has taken a step forward is Thad Young. He is rebounding much better than in years prior and while he isn't a dominant force in the paint, he is playing much bigger down there than he ever has before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    word shouts too thad

vCash
    Im playing both sides here while i think people gave up on turner too soon. i also think he wont ever be a franchise guy or an all star. EVER. that aside as Knowledge said if this is the real ET from here on out a good 3rd option kinda guy we could be an absolute force when bynum comes back

vCash
    I think people will still ride on him for not being worth the #2 overall selection, for whatever those people's opinions are worth. But him coming into his own now makes him more invaluable. All-star? Probably not. But good? We may be able to say yes, finally.
    76ers - Eagles - Flyers - Phillies
    Union

vCash
    The development of his corner three is a giant attribute.
    Union

vCash
    i wouldn't write off the possibility of evan turner being an all-star in the future. him making the team this year would be a stretch, but in the future, if he can get up to ~18, 7, and 5 assists, with a 2:1 assist:turnover ratio and something around 50% FG%, that's brandon roy territory (well, actually it's brandon roy+ territory, considering the rebounds), and that's a perennial all-star.

especially if the team can put together a few strong playoff performances.

vCash
    I miss healthy Brandon Roy
    Union

vCash
    I expected him to come into his own this year especially with Iggy gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Korman12 View Post
    I think people will still ride on him for not being worth the #2 overall selection, for whatever those people's opinions are worth. But him coming into his own now makes him more invaluable. All-star? Probably not. But good? We may be able to say yes, finally.
    True, but at least he's not a BUST. He may very well turn into a pretty good player.

ahhh... the good ole days

watch 4free here http://firstrownow.eu

vCash
    Thank You Evan Turner for reaffirming my evaluation of your talent...I doubted you would come around early in the season but its CLEAR you are finally now coming into your own...continue you to ball out and be consistent....ya naysayers and those who continually criticize ya game are now beginning to feel like cow dung......this is truly a the silver lining behind the dark cloud of the great disappointment of the Bynum situation....smh
    Big ups to Phins1983 for the Sig!!!

vCash
    You guys are cute when you get all excited.

Evan has played in 180 professional basketball games. He's played five THOUSAND minutes.

Prior to this year he put together maybe 20 "good" games.

This year he's played maybe 6 "real good" games out of 16.

Yes, I did bust on him for most of those 160 lousy-to-super-mediocre games he played. I dissed him for his 4,500 sh*tty minutes out of 5,000.

And so...once he's played 180 "great games"? You can say 'told ya so'. 'cause 'til then?

He owes me big time.

Nice run lately Evan. Very nice.

'bout time you second overall pick, you.

vCash
    I was really depressed in the beginning of the year with Turner looking like a stiff and RP looking to be right. I have been very pleased with him the last few weeks. I also have been very pleased with DC in how he has been using Turner, basically less Ivey and Wright and more Turner in his comfort zones. Hopefully they both keep it up.

As far as all star 17, 7, 4 is Pippenish and he made a few AS teams

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast