Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Was this coaches sexuality playing a factor...

in the decision to not resign this head coach? When I saw the title I thought he was fired towards the end of the year with more years on his contract.. But instead they just choose to not resign him. I don't know if its because of sexuality or maybe there is something else behind the scenes?....what do you guys think?

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/st...-was-fired-gay
    Eastern Illinois Class of 2012'

vCash
    surprised no one has commented on this story...its pretty big news imo.
    Eastern Illinois Class of 2012'

vCash
    No it isn't.

A new AD came in 3 months ago and wanted his own guy to be coach. The coach was not fired his contract just expired. The coach's record is irrelevant, new AD wants a new guy. We see this all the time with professional GMs. Unless there's hard evidence in the coach's favor this sounds like a case of sour grapes.
    Last edited by whitesoxfan83; 12-01-2012 at 07:38 PM.
    Son, you just don't get it, i'm talking bout the TWTW!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whitesoxfan83 View Post
    No it isn't.

A new AD came in 3 months ago and wanted his own guy to be coach. The coach was not fired his contract just expired. The coaches record is irrelevant, new AD wants a new guy. We see this all the time with professional GMs. Unless there's hard evidence in the coach's favor this sounds like a case of sour grapes.
    Not to mention his "wedding" was 2 1/2 years ago. Which means they clearly knew he was gay a long time ago. If they wanted to fire him for that, then why wait till now?

Ridiculous that this gets attention just cause the guy is gay.

Andy's List of Secrets

vCash
    He was there for 8 years... if they fired him because he was gay he'd would have been fired his 1st year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by {Ron!n} View Post
    Not to mention his "wedding" was 2 1/2 years ago. Which means they clearly knew he was gay a long time ago. If they wanted to fire him for that, then why wait till now?

Ridiculous that this gets attention just cause the guy is gay.
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    He was there for 8 years... if they fired him because he was gay he'd would have been fired his 1st year
    Says the new Athletic Director was hired in August.
    However no, I doubt him being gay had anything to do with it.
    New boss wanted a new coach, not unusual. And I doubt this guy is trying to eliminate all gays from the school of 30,000+ students. Cheerleaders, drama department, etc -- I'm sure this coach isn't the only gay person on campus.

vCash
    This guy is just trying to start crap. News alert, being gay doesn't stop you from being fired. The AD wanted a new start.

Go Braves/49ers!

vCash
    i dont think so. sounds to me he's just pissed he was fired
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 11 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)