Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going to DC

vCash

Going to DC

Taking a four day trip with my parents to DC for the first time this weekend. Recommendations? What are the must sees, besides uga and Mane

vCash
    Gotta see the monuments. The Lincoln Memorial is truly a sight in person.
    SPACE

vCash
    I'm excited to see it. Right now I think we're planning on seeing the monuments, Holocaust museum, and news museum.

vCash
    The Archives always has a long *** wait, but it's pretty fun to see too. Also the Smithsonians.

vCash
    I'd also try to spend a day in Baltimore doing the whole inner harbor thing
    SPACE

vCash
    There's a string of bars in chinatown. Also, if your going at night, hit up Club Eden on NW Street.

vCash
    Might as well visit the White House. It was an okay experience. I did like the west wing though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^ESPN and PSD Agrees

Dmac is offline Moderator Cullen Bohannon
    vCash
    I went to D.C. in August. The Lincoln Memorial is great. You should definitely check out Arlington Cemetery as well. It's only about a fifteen minute drive from D.C. The National Cathedral is amazing. I also enjoyed the true crime museum.

vCash
    Holocaust museum is awful. Don't go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikekhelxD View Post
    Might as well visit the White House. It was an okay experience. I did like the west wing though.
    The tourist part of the White House blew. Nothing but a bunch of paintings of old white guys. Or at least that's what I remember, I was really young when I went.

vCash
    The Lincoln Memorial and The White House would be among my places to visit if I ever went to Washington DC.
    Favourite Teams:

Boston Red Sox: 46-52, games this week vs. Blue Jays (4), Rays (3)
    Indianapolis Colts: Good draft and off-season so far.
    Looking for new NBA team to cheer for
    Ottawa Senators: 37-31-14, season over, free agency begins this week.

vCash
    Visit my pants, *****.

vCash
    Besides the monuments and memorials, I recommend visiting Dupont Circle. It's a nice small area with a lot of shops, restaurants, and other things to do/see. It's not too far from the George Washington campus and Georgetown as well.

#iubb

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikekhelxD View Post
    the real white house experience (what I did) you need to email your congressman, to get you approval to tour the white house... Same with toruing the pentagon

Dmac is offline Moderator Cullen Bohannon
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by grandsalami View Post
    the real white house experience (what I did) you need to email your congressman, to get you approval to tour the white house... Same with toruing the pentagon
    Yeah, you have to do it several months before. I did it about five months before my trip. You tell them when you are going to be there, and they do a whole backround check on you and give you the approval a few weeks before hand and tell you the time and day you will go.

If that is something the op wants to do he definitely has to do that early and be able to work around whenever they say you can go. It's worth checking out though. You don't get to see alot, but it is cool to actually see what they let you see and it only takes about 45 minutes.

I would recommend going to eat at Ben's Chili Bowl as well. I ate there and the place next door. I can't remember the name of that place, but they own that as well. They had awesome food.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast