Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 196

Thread: Greg McElroy

  1. #121
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    14,688
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    why didnt you answer the diff between 55%-65% is 3-4 passes a game lame excuse? Thats the one I really want to hear from you and 87.


    Just in case you needed a reminder.

    Every Qb deals with about 3-4 dropped passes in every game. So if we give every QB in the NFL 3-4 more completions where does that leave Sanchez?

    Or are you stating that Sanchez is the only victim of dropped passes?

    Or better yet are you saying all other Qb's only Dink and dunk?

    Do you even deny that sanchez throws very few deep passes?

    clock is ticking..Im holding you and 87's feet to the fire.
    It's not just the dropped passes. It's turning plays that are **** into gold. For example, last week we ran a screen pass identical to one the Patriots ran. Our result? A 1 yard gain. Their result? A ~10 yard TD, with running room to spare.

    Pierre Garcon is not a special receiver. But how many of our guys can do this:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCPoAWi5WB8

    Or this?

    http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/0ap20...bs-from-behind

    Even Jeremy Kerley, the best receiver on our team by a mile, fell on his face against the Patriots on what would have been a 70 something yard TD catch.

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    14,688
    vCash
    1500
    Or how about something like this:

    http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/0ap20...RG3-goes-for-3

    How many of our receivers do that?

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,731
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myNyMP9ddrg
    Shows how much of a ***** he is. And he cries after its the definition of a *****. Guys can't view him as the team leader cuz **** like this

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlIQFf7A5wY
    EMBARRISING
    Lol

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,286
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    It's not just the dropped passes. It's turning plays that are **** into gold. For example, last week we ran a screen pass identical to one the Patriots ran. Our result? A 1 yard gain. Their result? A ~10 yard TD, with running room to spare.

    Pierre Garcon is not a special receiver. But how many of our guys can do this:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCPoAWi5WB8

    Or this?

    http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/0ap20...bs-from-behind

    Even Jeremy Kerley, the best receiver on our team by a mile, fell on his face against the Patriots on what would have been a 70 something yard TD catch.

    apples and oranges man... You said 3-4 passes a game is the difference between 55%- 65% which is laughable.

    Every QB deals with dropped passes.

    As far as YAC. Sanchez is terrible on wr's YAC because hes always late with the pass or its almost always off target.

    Sanchez double pumps wide open wr's.

    How do you compare the pats screen with the Jets screen? LMAO are you serious?

    Let me explain the difference for you. NOBODY fears sanchez beating you with a pass. So what happens is the opposing defense stacks the box. Now the Jets run a screen and its covered.

    You cant play the Pats the same way. Why? because Brady can make every throw. Teams dont stack the box vs the pats. If they run a screen Bam ! one block springs a wr or Rb for nice gains.


    "The Butt of all jokes"

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    14,688
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    apples and oranges man... You said 3-4 passes a game is the difference between 55%- 65% which is laughable.

    Every QB deals with dropped passes.

    As far as YAC. Sanchez is terrible on wr's YAC because hes always late with the pass or its almost always off target.

    Sanchez double pumps wide open wr's.

    How do you compare the pats screen with the Jets screen? LMAO are you serious?

    Let me explain the difference for you. NOBODY fears sanchez beating you with a pass. So what happens is the opposing defense stacks the box. Now the Jets run a screen and its covered.

    You cant play the Pats the same way. Why? because Brady can make every throw. Teams dont stack the box vs the pats. If they run a screen Bam ! one block springs a wr or Rb for nice gains.
    Uh, clearly you missed the part where the Patriots were in the red zone. With a small field to defend, nobody could get Welker. He avoided tacklers on his way to paydirt.

    And way to completely ignore the fact that none of those 3 long TD passes RG3 threw were on target in the slightest. The first one was too high, the second one was way behind the receiver, and the 3rd was throwing a jump ball to a 5'10 receiver in double coverage. All TD's. On our team, probably 2 INT's and a 30 yard completion (the high pass would be caught, then the receiver would fall to the ground and everyone would say how the Jet receiver bailed out Sanchez on the high throw).

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,286
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    Uh, clearly you missed the part where the Patriots were in the red zone. With a small field to defend, nobody could get Welker. He avoided tacklers on his way to paydirt.And way to completely ignore the fact that none of those 3 long TD passes RG3 threw were on target in the slightest. The first one was too high, the second one was way behind the receiver, and the 3rd was throwing a jump ball to a 5'10 receiver in double coverage. All TD's. On our team, probably 2 INT's and a 30 yard completion (the high pass would be caught, then the receiver would fall to the ground and everyone would say how the Jet receiver bailed out Sanchez on the high throw).
    Oh man this gets too easy...You are comparing the Pats in the redzone to the Jets? Thought I saw Mcelroy score a redzone TD on a short pass in the redzone last week.

    Your using 3 td's from Rg3's 14 to make a point? oh boy.

    So what you are telling me is Sanchez has never had bad passes result in Td's or completions for him?

    Hey at least your sanchez phat head gets to stay up on the wall for 1 more week!


    "The Butt of all jokes"

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    14,688
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    Oh man this gets too easy...You are comparing the Pats in the redzone to the Jets? Thought I saw Mcelroy score a redzone TD on a short pass in the redzone last week.

    Your using 3 td's from Rg3's 14 to make a point? oh boy.

    So what you are telling me is Sanchez has never had bad passes result in Td's or completions for him?

    Hey at least your sanchez phat head gets to stay up on the wall for 1 more week!
    Lol, it's clear you have no real way to dispute my point and now are resulting to straw man arguments. I could find you hundreds of more videos of receivers making plays our receivers couldn't, but it would merely waste my time because I'm sure you'd say "yeah but Sanchez is just so inaccurate the receivers don't try." They try, they just suck.

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    5,449
    vCash
    1500
    You both have points.

    Like on that deep int intended for Schilens. Chaz could have went up and got the ball instead of trying to let it fall to him. HE should have known the defender was close enough to make a play and jumped up and fight for it. But Mark could have led him a little better.

    For example on Monday night there was a play on a TD pass the the guy was double covered down field. Now he didn't appear to be open when RGIII released it but because of where he placed the pass the receiver was able to get into open space and continue running in stride.

    If Sanchez puts that ball a few more yards to the left, Chaz is still running with the ball.

    Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    14,688
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjflightboy#10 View Post
    You both have points.

    Like on that deep int intended for Schilens. Chaz could have went up and got the ball instead of trying to let it fall to him. HE should have known the defender was close enough to make a play and jumped up and fight for it. But Mark could have led him a little better.

    For example on Monday night there was a play on a TD pass the the guy was double covered down field. Now he didn't appear to be open when RGIII released it but because of where he placed the pass the receiver was able to get into open space and continue running in stride.

    If Sanchez puts that ball a few more yards to the left, Chaz is still running with the ball.
    The defender was on Schilens' right. The throw was to the left shoulder so the defender couldn't make a play it. It wasn't the greatest throw in the world, but it was a throw that should have been caught 95% of the time.

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,731
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    Oh man this gets too easy...You are comparing the Pats in the redzone to the Jets? Thought I saw Mcelroy score a redzone TD on a short pass in the redzone last week.

    Your using 3 td's from Rg3's 14 to make a point? oh boy.

    So what you are telling me is Sanchez has never had bad passes result in Td's or completions for him?

    Hey at least your sanchez phat head gets to stay up on the wall for 1 more week!
    I'm a Sanchez fan and want him to do well but I'm not ignorant to what he is. I liked him in college and rooted for him throughout his career.

    You have some good points about Sanchez.

    I do however think your hate towards Sanchez is so bad, that you are only willing to see his faults. Your hate almost clouds your judgment.

    I may be wrong but it sounds like you're rooting for him to fail rather than believing he's a failure.

    Again I understand he's not a very good QB at this point of his career.

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,286
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    Lol, it's clear you have no real way to dispute my point and now are resulting to straw man arguments. I could find you hundreds of more videos of receivers making plays our receivers couldn't, but it would merely waste my time because I'm sure you'd say "yeah but Sanchez is just so inaccurate the receivers don't try." They try, they just suck.
    You dont make any points. You make excuses . No point I make will make you change your mind. You come up with nonsense every single time.


    Its never Sanchez fault with you.

    you use excuses that can be applied to every QB in the NFL. I can show you the same amount of plays of other Wr's dropping passes.

    You mentioned Garcon making a catch. I can show you a pass that Garcon dropped in that same game.


    In fact let me debunk you and magoos nonsense excuse about dropped passes even more. remember the one where you guys said something about the difference between 55% and 65% is 3-4 dropped passes or screens.

    Dropped passes in the NFL

    Lions 33 drops
    Browns 32 drops
    Packers 31 drops
    Saints 30 drops
    Colts 30 drops
    Den 29 drops
    NE 29 drops
    Oak 27drops
    Jax 27 drops
    Wash 24 drops
    Mia 24 drops
    KC 23 drops
    Giants 23 drops
    NYJ 22 drops

    Now lets look at those numbers again? So is it still dropped passes?
    Last edited by GreenLantern; 12-05-2012 at 03:53 PM.


    "The Butt of all jokes"

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,286
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by yanksrock View Post
    I'm a Sanchez fan and want him to do well but I'm not ignorant to what he is. I liked him in college and rooted for him throughout his career.

    You have some good points about Sanchez.

    I do however think your hate towards Sanchez is so bad, that you are only willing to see his faults. Your hate almost clouds your judgment.

    I may be wrong but it sounds like you're rooting for him to fail rather than believing he's a failure.

    Again I understand he's not a very good QB at this point of his career.
    Sorry man im not a sith lord. I dont hate Sanchez. I dont like him as a QB for the NY jets. What is there to cloud my judgement?

    What does sanchez do well? If the organization made a mistake they need to live with it and move on.
    How can a QB who makes the same mistakes every week show promise of a franchise QB? I dont see it.

    Sanchez is a Jets QB. I am a Jets fan. Why would I root for him to fail? I dont root for anyone to fail. Let alone a player on the team I love.

    I will also not put on green googles and act like Sanchez is or has ever been a good QB for the NY Jets. except in the playoffs which baffle me. But then again Everyone says Tebow sucks as do i but even he put up solid numbers in the playoffs.
    Last edited by GreenLantern; 12-05-2012 at 03:37 PM.


    "The Butt of all jokes"

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,237
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Funny how your response to my Tebow comment is to attack me for what you perceive as my backing of Sanchez...even though I have already stated that I don't think Sanchez should be the starter.

    Defending Tebow by bashing me or Sanchez is only proving that you know I'm right, so you're deflecting. It's a nice tactic, and often gets politicians elected. It doesn't disprove my point.

    Tebow is not an NFL QB by any definition of the term. Lash out at me all you want, but it won't change that fact about Tebow. Ask anyone in the league, and they will tell you that as a QB, Tebow is a good "football player." No one will ever use the word quarterback when praising Tebow.
    I could of sworn i saw u defending sanchez last week my bad i thought u were a sanchez supporter and didnt do research on that.
    Im in favor of Tebow or McElroy, i just have always personally loved tebow even on Florida and dont get why people hate him. I trully believe that he could be a succesful QB in this league cuz he is a winner, there is no stat you could do to measure it but the guy just knows how to win call it luck call it a result of a good defense and good rushing attack but when it comes down to crunch time this guy just knows how to get the job done.

    As for McElroy if were not gonna start tebow lets see what this guy has got cuz Sanchez has proven himself not to be the answer. This is the only oppurtunity we have to see whether or not McElroy can be a good qb in this league and we could measure his potential. If we leave him on the bench its a waste because we are not gonna just start him next year without knowing how he could play. The guy did what sanchez couldnt for 3 quarters in his first drive, he got into the endzone against a cardinals team that we shouldnt have been in a tight game with if we had an average qb.

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    17,047
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsYanksDevils View Post
    I could of sworn i saw u defending sanchez last week my bad i thought u were a sanchez supporter and didnt do research on that.
    Im in favor of Tebow or McElroy, i just have always personally loved tebow even on Florida and dont get why people hate him. I trully believe that he could be a succesful QB in this league cuz he is a winner, there is no stat you could do to measure it but the guy just knows how to win call it luck call it a result of a good defense and good rushing attack but when it comes down to crunch time this guy just knows how to get the job done.

    As for McElroy if were not gonna start tebow lets see what this guy has got cuz Sanchez has proven himself not to be the answer. This is the only oppurtunity we have to see whether or not McElroy can be a good qb in this league and we could measure his potential. If we leave him on the bench its a waste because we are not gonna just start him next year without knowing how he could play. The guy did what sanchez couldnt for 3 quarters in his first drive, he got into the endzone against a cardinals team that we shouldnt have been in a tight game with if we had an average qb.
    Oh, I'm a Sanchez supporter in that I believe he's better than what we've seen this season. I wish the Jets had investing in their offense a little more because when you use a #5 pick on a QB, I think it is monsterously foolish not to surround him with talent that can help him succeed.

    Just because I'm a supporter of Sanchez does not mean I'm blind. The thing is that so many of the Sanchez bashers are blind to the good that he brings, to the table. Every incomplete pass is his fault, and every completion is treated like a miracle.

    I have also said for weeks that the only reason Sanchez didn't get benched was because the #2 guy is not capable of being an NFL QB, so benching Sanchez serves no purpose but to give the media and fans change for the sake of change.

    The first chance Rex had to replace Sanchez without the Tebow circus being an issue, he did it. Do you think that's a coincidence? I don't.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,237
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    Sorry man im not a sith lord. I dont hate Sanchez. I dont like him as a QB for the NY jets. What is there to cloud my judgement?

    What does sanchez do well? If the organization made a mistake they need to live with it and move on.
    How can a QB who makes the same mistakes every week show promise of a franchise QB? I dont see it.

    Sanchez is a Jets QB. I am a Jets fan. Why would I root for him to fail? I dont root for anyone to fail. Let alone a player on the team I love.

    I will also not put on green googles and act like Sanchez is or has ever been a good QB for the NY Jets. except in the playoffs which baffle me. But then again Everyone says Tebow sucks as do i but even he put up solid numbers in the playoffs.
    im with you all the way man, i dont want to hate sanchez hes my teams qb i wish he was good but he's just not. I dont get how anybody that has watched this guy throughout his career can see the slightest bit of potential in him. The guy just isnt a good qb and i dont see how anyone can differ in opinion if you understand the game of football. He just plain and simple isnt a good QB, ya know someone like chad pennington you could say hes a really smart player but doesnt have the arm strength with Sanchez there is no BUT in a sentence with him he doesnt do one thing well. Somebody please tell me what he does well and i bet you i could prove you wrong lol

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •