Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Greg McElroy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    If they're going to to with plays to make him look better or avoid getting him nailed, then why wouldn't they have done that with Sanchez?If they're going to go to GMAC now, they need to know if he can be a real NFL QB, not one who is coddled and made to look better than he is.

I get that last Sunday, the Jets were throwing in a guy who hadn't praciticed with the first unit. If he's going to start, he's going to have to actually throw the ball more than 3 yards.
    They did do that with Sanchez. Remember when Sanchez was called capt check down? Sanchez doesnt get a full playbook. They run plays they feel he can do well with. Its why 2 O.C's back to back have been considered bad.

Like ive said a million times Sanchez handcuffs an O.C. You cant call risky plays with a QB who is prone to the turnover.

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    They did do that with Sanchez. Remember when Sanchez was called capt check down? Sanchez doesnt get a full playbook. They run plays they feel he can do well with. Its why 2 O.C's back to back have been considered bad.

Like ive said a million times Sanchez handcuffs an O.C. You cant call risky plays with a QB who is prone to the turnover.
    Are you telling me that Sanchez couldn't have run that TD play that McElroy made?

I haven't seen that play called for Sanchez since 2010. Every play for Sanchez has been the same...a 7 step drop and stand in the pocket waiting to get hit because the line doesn't protect you.

Almost every passing play with GMAC had him rolling out of the pocket and throwing short. He threw 2 deep balls and they were both closer to the defense than they were to his receiver. I'm not saying that can't improve, but Sanchez does throw a better deep ball when his receivers can get separation.

Back in week 5, I clearly stated that that's what they shold have been doiing with Sanchez in the absence of a solid running game, use the dink and dunk to set up the run and the deeper passes.

The problem with Sanchez has nothing to do with talent or ability. He doesn't have the instincts of a Manning or a Brady, but that means that the OC has to game plan based on his abilities. You can't game plan for Manning when you've got Sanchez back there.

I've said before that I think Sanchez needs a new setting. He will thrive someplace else.

The question is, how many more QB's does this fanchise have to ruin before they get it right? How many pro bowl RB's and WR's has this franchise drafted in the last 5 years? 10 years? 40 years?

This franchise is LOST when it comes to drafting a talented QB, and making him a winner.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Are you telling me that Sanchez couldn't have run that TD play that McElroy made?

I haven't seen that play called for Sanchez since 2010. Every play for Sanchez has been the same...a 7 step drop and stand in the pocket waiting to get hit because the line doesn't protect you.

Almost every passing play with GMAC had him rolling out of the pocket and throwing short. He threw 2 deep balls and they were both closer to the defense than they were to his receiver. I'm not saying that can't improve, but Sanchez does throw a better deep ball when his receivers can get separation.

Back in week 5, I clearly stated that that's what they shold have been doiing with Sanchez in the absence of a solid running game, use the dink and dunk to set up the run and the deeper passes.

The problem with Sanchez has nothing to do with talent or ability. He doesn't have the instincts of a Manning or a Brady, but that means that the OC has to game plan based on his abilities. You can't game plan for Manning when you've got Sanchez back there.

I've said before that I think Sanchez needs a new setting. He will thrive someplace else.

The question is, how many more QB's does this fanchise have to ruin before they get it right? How many pro bowl RB's and WR's has this franchise drafted in the last 5 years? 10 years? 40 years?

This franchise is LOST when it comes to drafting a talented QB, and making him a winner.
    Just look at what the Jets did the year Sanchez was drafted compared to what the Colts and Redskins have done for their young quarterbacks. The Colts switched to a 2 TE offense to match the one Luck had in college, and drafted two TE's (including his #1 target in college) to help him. The Redskins took the entire Baylor offensive scheme and put it in the NFL. The Jets? They went into week 1 with a receiving core lead by Jerricho Cotchery. They got Braylon Edwards 3 weeks into the season, but he's merely a solid WR. I think Jets fans have such a boner for Braylon because they don't realize that every team in the NFL has receivers like that, and they think he's special.

vCash
    Are you telling me that Sanchez couldn't have run that TD play that McElroy made?I haven't seen that play called for Sanchez since 2010. Every play for Sanchez has been the same...a 7 step drop and stand in the pocket waiting to get hit because the line doesn't protect you.

Sanchez could have run that play, but he wouldnt have drove the Jets down for the opportunity. The way sanchez was playing there is a 50% chance sanchez would have overthrown it.

Seperation? please another lame excuse for the sanchez apologists.. Did Kerley have seperation on that back shoulder pass? Did Hill have seperation on that 3rd down conversion?

Seperation in the NFL is inches. Dont know why you pleople harp on that BS all the time. This isnt H.S. or College where wr's get 5 yds seperation on every pass play.

So please tell me how you game plan for a QB who is a career 55% passer? who overthrows or underthrows a huge % of his passes. How do you game plan for a QB who cant read a defense? How do you gameplan for a QB who is turnover prone. How do you gameplan for a QB with ZERO pocket presence?

When you game plan for sanchez you are called a terrible O.C. with no imagination. Just like Shotty and Sporano.

The Jets have been game planning for sanchez since 09. Jets cant control what sanchez does out on the field.

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    Just look at what the Jets did the year Sanchez was drafted compared to what the Colts and Redskins have done for their young quarterbacks. The Colts switched to a 2 TE offense to match the one Luck had in college, and drafted two TE's (including his #1 target in college) to help him. The Redskins took the entire Baylor offensive scheme and put it in the NFL. The Jets? They went into week 1 with a receiving core lead by Jerricho Cotchery. They got Braylon Edwards 3 weeks into the season, but he's merely a solid WR. I think Jets fans have such a boner for Braylon because they don't realize that every team in the NFL has receivers like that, and they think he's special.
    oh man..........The Jets switched to a G &P offense my friend and meerly asked sanchez to manage the game. What more could you expect?

should the Jets have ran the trojan offense? Pahleeeeze!

The colts and redskins both ask the QB to win the game. The Jets rarely put the game on sanchez shoulder's in 09- 2010. The only argument that holds any water is the Mr.Magoo theory stating that Sanchez should have sat for a year. Im just not sure thats a viable option in todays NFL.

oh and BTW the redskins took a package from the baylor offense. RG3 is still asked to pass out of conventional formations. And he does a very good job of it. Same with Luck.
    Last edited by GreenLantern; 12-04-2012 at 09:35 PM.

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    I hope rex picks a QB soon I'm starting to go crazy.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    He is going to pick Sanchez....Tanny and Sparano want Sanchez....well how about you go bring in Braylon for Mark...Who next to Keller has the best chemistry with him......I am all for Mark Sanchez still i just think we need to build the team around our quarterback which we have not done since we got him...Tanny needs to go!

vCash
    and also mr.magoo said it best.....the jets never let sanchez roll out!

vCash
    Sanchez could have run that play, but he wouldnt have drove the Jets down for the opportunity. The way sanchez was playing there is a 50% chance sanchez would have overthrown it.

Seperation? please another lame excuse for the sanchez apologists.. Did Kerley have seperation on that back shoulder pass? Did Hill have seperation on that 3rd down conversion?

Seperation in the NFL is inches. Dont know why you pleople harp on that BS all the time. This isnt H.S. or College where wr's get 5 yds seperation on every pass play.

So please tell me how you game plan for a QB who is a career 55% passer? who overthrows or underthrows a huge % of his passes. How do you game plan for a QB who cant read a defense? How do you gameplan for a QB who is turnover prone. How do you gameplan for a QB with ZERO pocket presence?

When you game plan for sanchez you are called a terrible O.C. with no imagination. Just like Shotty and Sporano.

The Jets have been game planning for sanchez since 09. Jets cant control what sanchez does out on the field.
    You point to that back shoulder catch by Kerley as if it was perfectly executed. If Sanchez throws that same pass, you'd be complaining that he can't throw an accurate pass and needs to be bailed out by receivers.

Sanchez was having an awful game on Sunday, and I seriously doubt the Jets score that TD if he was still in the game. That has nothing to do with McElroy as a QB.

The Jets ran the ball at will on that drive, which they had not been able to do up to that point. Why is that? The Cards defense was trying to rattle the kid, so they were over pursuing on every play. By putting in McElroy, Rex completely took the Cardinals out of their game, and it paid off.

I have seen this happen many times. A backup comes in mid game and moves the offense like they couldn't move before. That doesn't always mean that the backup is better.

They won't have that opportunity on Sunday if they start McElroy, but they'll also be playing a soft defense, and Sanchez has proven that he can put up good numbers against a soft defense.

You always point to Sanchez's completion %. Do you know that the difference between a 55% passer and a 65% passer is 3-4 catches a game? We've watched the Jets receivers drop 2-3 times that number on any given day. We've also seen receivers not be where Sanchez expects them to be on countless other incomplete passes.

I stand by what I've said. Sanchez is a product of the environment, not the cause of that environment. There is a 90% chance he'll be here next year because of the cap issue, but I hope he's not.

When he gets out of NY, he'll succeed someplace else while whomever our QB is will still be struggling with the same crap.

When was the last time this team had a QB that 90% of the fan base didn't call a scrub?

Now here's an even tougher quesion...when was the last time this team drafted a QB that 90% of the fan base didn't call a scrub?
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    You point to that back shoulder catch by Kerley as if it was perfectly executed. If Sanchez throws that same pass, you'd be complaining that he can't throw an accurate pass and needs to be bailed out by receivers.

Sanchez was having an awful game on Sunday, and I seriously doubt the Jets score that TD if he was still in the game. That has nothing to do with McElroy as a QB.

The Jets ran the ball at will on that drive, which they had not been able to do up to that point. Why is that? The Cards defense was trying to rattle the kid, so they were over pursuing on every play. By putting in McElroy, Rex completely took the Cardinals out of their game, and it paid off.

I have seen this happen many times. A backup comes in mid game and moves the offense like they couldn't move before. That doesn't always mean that the backup is better.

They won't have that opportunity on Sunday if they start McElroy, but they'll also be playing a soft defense, and Sanchez has proven that he can put up good numbers against a soft defense.

You always point to Sanchez's completion %. Do you know that the difference between a 55% passer and a 65% passer is 3-4 catches a game? We've watched the Jets receivers drop 2-3 times that number on any given day. We've also seen receivers not be where Sanchez expects them to be on countless other incomplete passes.

I stand by what I've said. Sanchez is a product of the environment, not the cause of that environment. There is a 90% chance he'll be here next year because of the cap issue, but I hope he's not.

When he gets out of NY, he'll succeed someplace else while whomever our QB is will still be struggling with the same crap.

When was the last time this team had a QB that 90% of the fan base didn't call a scrub?

Now here's an even tougher quesion...when was the last time this team drafted a QB that 90% of the fan base didn't call a scrub?
    I have said that for years. When you look at 30 passes, the difference between about 56% and 66% is 3 passes and those could be 1 yard screen plays. And for all of the hype on Greg McElroy, he only led the Jets to 7 points. Yes, that was good enough to beat the Cardinals that day, but that won't be enough Sunday against Jacksonville. McElroy was nothing more than a little spark on a day when your starter was having a horrendous day.
    PSD's Sheldon Richardson!!!

vCash
    oh man..........The Jets switched to a G &P offense my friend and meerly asked sanchez to manage the game. What more could you expect?

should the Jets have ran the trojan offense? Pahleeeeze!

The colts and redskins both ask the QB to win the game. The Jets rarely put the game on sanchez shoulder's in 09- 2010. The only argument that holds any water is the Mr.Magoo theory stating that Sanchez should have sat for a year. Im just not sure thats a viable option in todays NFL.

oh and BTW the redskins took a package from the baylor offense. RG3 is still asked to pass out of conventional formations. And he does a very good job of it. Same with Luck.
    Receivers help a QB more than a running back ever will.

I would have expected the Jets to bring in some legitimate receivers to help Sanchez out, and sit Sanchez on the bench at least for the first part of the 2009 season, and preferably the whole season. It was absurd that he was starting on day 1. It was also stupid to draft a QB in the top 5 and basically just tell him "don't screw up." Instead of putting Sanchez in a situation to succeed, they put him in a situation where he couldn't really fail. It was also a joke that we were expecting Brian Schottenheimer to basically tutor Sanchez, because I think I know more about offensive game planning and execution than him.

And you should watch some Redskins games, because basically their entire game plan is set up by the Baylor plays. They're really fun to watch actually.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    I have said that for years. When you look at 30 passes, the difference between about 56% and 66% is 3 passes and those could be 1 yard screen plays. And for all of the hype on Greg McElroy, he only led the Jets to 7 points. Yes, that was good enough to beat the Cardinals that day, but that won't be enough Sunday against Jacksonville. McElroy was nothing more than a little spark on a day when your starter was having a horrendous day.
    Isn't that the definition of a backup? Someone who can step in if the starter goes down, or ocassionally add a spark if the starter doesn't have it.

The sad part about having Tebow here is that Rex couldn't go to GMAC earlier in the year, when it might have meant 1 more win...which could have meant playoffs.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQPVv4pafN8 looks like the man has enough arm to me. pennington had enough arm until the shoulder injuries. This kid deserves a look. Sanchez is horrible.

vCash

You always point to Sanchez's completion %. Do you know that the difference between a 55% passer and a 65% passer is 3-4 catches a game? We've watched the Jets receivers drop 2-3 times that number on any given day. We've also seen receivers not be where Sanchez expects them to be on countless other incomplete passes.I stand by what I've said. Sanchez is a product of the environment, not the cause of that environment. There is a 90% chance he'll be here next year because of the cap issue, but I hope he's not.

Another lame excuse. Do you know how many wr's drop passes in a game for every QB in the NFL? Or do you really believe that only the Jets drop passes?
    Now add those 3-4 dropped passes to every other QB in the NFL and where does that leave Sanchez? yeah the bottom. Next excuse because that one has been debunked too many times already.

You say they wont have that opportunity on sunday , but what if Mcelroy lightes up the sky? What will your excuse be then? Jacksonville sucks? Rex had them fooled preparing for a three headed QB attack? They only ran those plays for sanchez?

As far as drafting a good QB? Not many teams have luck drafting Qb's unless you are the colts. If QB was easy to draft every team would have an elite QB.

Then you bring up the back shoulder pass. Sorry bro that pass was perfectly thrown where only Kerley could make a play on it. It wasnt a lucky throw. Same thing with the pass to hill.

You also bring up recievers not where they are supposed to be, and you are quick to blame the reciever. How do you know its not Sanchez? Its not like we havent seen sanchez recently botch a handoff.

Sanchez is what he is no matter what environment he is put into. He is a QB that wont ever have a high % and he will always turn the ball over.

If he has a strong running game and elite weps he may be ok. But he wont get that on the Jets.

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    Another lame excuse. Do you know how many wr's drop passes in a game for every QB in the NFL? Or do you really believe that only the Jets drop passes?
    Now add those 3-4 dropped passes to every other QB in the NFL and where does that leave Sanchez? yeah the bottom. Next excuse because that one has been debunked too many times already.

You say they wont have that opportunity on sunday , but what if Mcelroy lightes up the sky? What will your excuse be then? Jacksonville sucks? Rex had them fooled preparing for a three headed QB attack? They only ran those plays for sanchez?

As far as drafting a good QB? Not many teams have luck drafting Qb's unless you are the colts. If QB was easy to draft every team would have an elite QB.

Then you bring up the back shoulder pass. Sorry bro that pass was perfectly thrown where only Kerley could make a play on it. It wasnt a lucky throw. Same thing with the pass to hill.

You also bring up recievers not where they are supposed to be, and you are quick to blame the reciever. How do you know its not Sanchez? Its not like we havent seen sanchez recently botch a handoff.

Sanchez is what he is no matter what environment he is put into. He is a QB that wont ever have a high % and he will always turn the ball over.

If he has a strong running game and elite weps he may be ok. But he wont get that on the Jets.
    He doesn't need elite around him, but with the Jets he hasn't even come close.
    -Sun Tzu

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast