Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Greg McElroy

vCash
    He just seems to have the leadership mentality...that in of itself is something we missed at the QB for a long time.

Nevermind the other aspects of his game, we will all have to temper expectations for a while as this plays itself out.

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Realistik84 View Post
    He just seems to have the leadership mentality...that in of itself is something we missed at the QB for a long time.

Nevermind the other aspects of his game, we will all have to temper expectations for a while as this plays itself out.
    Agreed

PSD"S JETS FORUM SURVIVOR LEAGUE CHAMPION 2013

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by XtraPoint View Post
    If McElroy starts from now on, I think they should bring Pennington in to tutor this kid
    Not a bad idea. I see the similarities.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    Then why has Sanchez stepped up big in pressure spots throughout his Jets career? Playoff games, game winning drives, etc., show me that pressure is not a problem for Sanchez. He has simply been ruined by horrible coaching. He is just not the same QB now that he was in 2010 in that Patriots playoff game. I had honestly forgotten how often Sanchez used to make plays outside the pocket until I saw some highlights of his 2010 season. He doesn't do that stuff any more.
    The Jets ruined Sanchez. They babied him. Nearly got him killed in Oakland last year. Didn't put talent around him this year and then brought it Tebow. He wasn't strong mentally before all this.

Sometimes **** just happens. An unfortunate serious of events and decisions that can derail a career.

Sanchez is done. This is coming form a huge Sanchez supporter. He has not been the same other then a few good games after the Raiders game last season.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    The Jets ruined Sanchez. They babied him. Nearly got him killed in Oakland last year. Didn't put talent around him this year and then brought it Tebow. He wasn't strong mentally before all this.

Sometimes **** just happens. An unfortunate serious of events and decisions that can derail a career.

Sanchez is done. This is coming form a huge Sanchez supporter. He has not been the same other then a few good games after the Raiders game last season.
    I don't think Sanchez is done, but he certainly could be done with the Jets. The guy's psyche is just so fragile. The best QBs in the league are the ones who can throw a pick six, come out on the next drive and score a TD. I don't get that confidence with Sanchez, and I don't think the team does either. Does McElroy have that ability? I have no clue...but I think he deserves a chance to try.

vCash
    Sanchez cant play at Met life stadium any longer, the crowd would destroy him.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Trade him to the Raiders. Unite him with the rest of the USC bums, Palmer, Leinart. They'd be dumb enough to give us a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Realistik84 View Post
    You did read my final paragraph there no?
    I did read it, but since it was factually inacurate, I ignored it.

Sanchez was told that he was benched by Sparano. Instead of just grabbing a clipboard and submitting, he got pissed, and went to talk to Rex.

He asked Rex if he was being benched, and was told that Rex made the decision. He then grabbed the clipboard and did his job.

The fact that he didn't act like a baby in the press conference, again goes to his professionalism. He will fight for his job, but he will not do it at a press conference.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    I would love to see McElroy be given a real shot and see what he can do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    I would love to see McElroy be given a real shot and see what he can do.
    So would I, but if they're going to do that, I don't want them to baby him like they did on Sunday. I want them to call legitimate pass plays, not 5 yard outs. They could have been calling **** like that for Sanchez all year, but they never did.

I say if you're going to give the kid a shot, give him a real shot. Protecting him will ony serve to make him look better than he really is, and fool Jets fans into thinking he's something he's not. We've seen that act already.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    So would I, but if they're going to do that, I don't want them to baby him like they did on Sunday. I want them to call legitimate pass plays, not 5 yard outs. They could have been calling **** like that for Sanchez all year, but they never did.

I say if you're going to give the kid a shot, give him a real shot. Protecting him will ony serve to make him look better than he really is, and fool Jets fans into thinking he's something he's not. We've seen that act already.
    You spit nothing but the truth.

vCash
    Draft Landry Jones in the 2nd or 3rd round.
    We need to draft a deep ball accurate passer.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash

If we can call plays that make any player look or play better than he is I would have thought thatd be a good thing?

vCash

Are they doing that to baby him from making a mistake or are they going with quick plays to avoid him getting nailed?
    "If we could talk about it and get (to the playoffs), it would've already been done. We know that talking won't get it done. We have to earn it." - Jets Coach Rex Ryan
    #hatersgonnahate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange famous View Post
    If we can call plays that make any player look or play better than he is I would have thought thatd be a good thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Are they doing that to baby him from making a mistake or are they going with quick plays to avoid him getting nailed?
    If they're going to to with plays to make him look better or avoid getting him nailed, then why wouldn't they have done that with Sanchez?

If they're going to go to GMAC now, they need to know if he can be a real NFL QB, not one who is coddled and made to look better than he is.

I get that last Sunday, the Jets were throwing in a guy who hadn't praciticed with the first unit. If he's going to start, he's going to have to actually throw the ball more than 3 yards.

-Sun Tzu

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast