Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Greg McElroy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    when was the last time sanchez stepped into anything but a hot steaming pile of ****?

Thing is for every great sanchez play in his career he would follow it up with about 4 terrible ones.

Hate to break it to you but sanchez is the same QB every one saw in 2009 and 2010. The only difference now is the Jets dont have the #1 rushing attack and elite defense to bail out his weekly mistakes.

This team is void of talent, so every sanchez mistake is exasperated.
    people were fooled into thinking sanchez had good years only because the Jets were winning.

Just look at his stats. Since 2011 sanchez is #2 in turnovers. Hes never had a completion % over 57 or a QBR over 80.

If you are looking at sanchez high light reels you are just fooling yourself. For a quick dose of reality just look at Jamarcus Russel high light reels.
    Jamarcus Russell ate himself out of the NFL, literally. There was once a time when he was developing into a solid QB, but then he decided food and purple drank were more important than his NFL career. That's what makes him a bust. Sanchez ranks absurdly low on the "bust" totem pole. He's nowhere near Ryan Leaf or Jamarcus Russell. He's a disappointment, but there's no guarantee we would have been any better off with another QB in the meantime.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    McElroy is by no means the Jets savior but he can do no worse than Sanchez.
    I hope that McElroy is the biggest steal in draft history.

There are a lot more problems than Sanchez. In a perfect world, this is the moment when somebody low on the depth chart steps up.

With that said, the team has been a lot worse than 5-7.

With all the media attention, this is the worst 5-7 team in NFL history.

The losses-- Houston, Pitt, San Fran, Seattle, Miami (1-1) and 2 to New England

Granted if we can't beat the good teams we don't deserve to play good teams again in the playoffs -- but we've also beat every team we've played that has had a losing record (8-4 Indy is the only +.500 team we've beat).

They've been painted as the worst team in the league and they're far from it. If Holmes and Revis are healthy this is a different conversation, regardless of holes that still need to be patched.

Couldnt have asked Sanchez to do it any other way. I give him credit he went to Sporano then he went to Rex, just so he could hear it from the horses mouth.

He knows Rex gave him ample time. Rex probably should have pulled him at half. Rex gave him 1 last shot, and after seeing a very near pick 6 Sanchez followed it up with a batted pass.

What else do you expect him to do? Im sure deep down even he knew it was time.

He reads the papers, he hears the crowd. He sees his stupid mistakes that kill his team.

Reality sucks sometimes...Sanchez watched as an unspectacular Mcelroy lead the team to its first score with crisp smart throws. Mcelroy energized the offense and gave the wr's a reason to get open. And that they did getting just enough seperation for Mcelroy to put the ball in perfect spots.

And that is all the jets ever asked for out of the QB position. No turnovers and smart accurate throws. Give the team a chance to win.

Sanchez will get 1 last shot next year. His contract dictates as much. But he wont be the named starter he will be on equal grounds with Mcelroy and probably a F.A. or rookie QB.

with that said I just dont see sanchez as the Jets QB. Mcelroy is a better game manager. And almost any F.A. QB can do what sanchez has done in his 4 years here.

Sanchez may have a future but it will probably be with a team like the Cards browns etc teams with no pressure. NY is too much for Sanchez.
    I agree with most of what you said here. I think the Tebow thing was a double love affair getting beat by Sparano's wildcat and Tebow's run game and thinking the two are a perfect match. It resulted in too much media attention, but the biggest problem is that in the games that got away, the Jets didn't give the ball to Tebow... because he's not a QB, and they couldnt give the ball to McElroy, because Tebow was listed #2.

With that said, it's really impossible to call McElroy a better game manager at this point.

What QBs even hit the FA market?

Sanchez signed the same deal as Kolb, Fitzpatrick and Cassel. Seattle made a decent commitment to bring in Flynn. Sanchez wont be easy to replace. As much of a lightning rod as he is, you don't want Brooks Bollinger, Kellen Clemens, Jay Fiedler, Ray Lucas, etc.

Who remebers when people thought it was a mistake to pass on BRETT RATLIFF for BRET FAVRE

Give me better options before Sanchez is out the door
    Last edited by Sandman; 12-03-2012 at 01:04 AM.
    "Andy Dalton is an average QB. Look at the Bengals offense, it's like Noah's ark. Two of everything."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    Jamarcus Russell ate himself out of the NFL, literally. There was once a time when he was developing into a solid QB, but then he decided food and purple drank were more important than his NFL career. That's what makes him a bust. Sanchez ranks absurdly low on the "bust" totem pole. He's nowhere near Ryan Leaf or Jamarcus Russell. He's a disappointment, but there's no guarantee we would have been any better off with another QB in the meantime.
    Really? when? Madden 2008? Arent you the same dude that says Andrew Luck is nothing special. That if Sanchez was having Lucks season we would all be *****ing?

Jamarcus Russel never showed anything.

you are correct Sanchez is no Ryan Leaf or J.R. and he has the #1 rushing attack and top 3 defense to thank for it.

Had sanchez been drafted by the browns or any other crap team in 2009 he would be pushing both those guys for the top spot.

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    Really? when? Madden 2008? Arent you the same dude that says Andrew Luck is nothing special. That if Sanchez was having Lucks season we would all be *****ing?

you are correct Sanchez is no Ryan Leaf or J.R. and he has the #1 rushing attack and top 3 defense to thank for it.

Had sanchez been drafted by the browns or any other crap team in 2009 he would be pushing both those guys for the top spot.
    I was gonna disagree and then I realized that Mark Sanchez is one bad interview away from being right in the same category, regardless of what he has or hasn't done.
    "Andy Dalton is an average QB. Look at the Bengals offense, it's like Noah's ark. Two of everything."

vCash

No, I never said anything like that. Go ahead and search my post history.

It's clear at this point that you're just so angry at Mark Sanchez that you're unable to think clearly. Defense had nothing to do with Mark Sanchez throwing the ball. And for all the rushing attack Sanchez had, he has only had one year with an actual respectable receiving core, and that was 2010. It's not like the guy was dropped into the middle of an elite offense.

vCash
    No, I never said anything like that. Go ahead and search my post history.

It's clear at this point that you're just so angry at Mark Sanchez that you're unable to think clearly. Defense had nothing to do with Mark Sanchez throwing the ball. And for all the rushing attack Sanchez had, he has only had one year with an actual respectable receiving core, and that was 2010. It's not like the guy was dropped into the middle of an elite offense.
    I want to make one thing clear before I say this --- the 2012 Jets offense is completely ****ed up and Mark Sanchez does nothing to help it.

But in a league where QBs get equally crucified for flopping in the playoffs, and even though the Jets rush attack was legitimate in 09 and 10, Mark Sanchez had his best games of the year in January and there aren't a lot of quarterbacks you could say that about.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I want to make one thing clear before I say this --- the 2012 Jets offense is completely ****ed up and Mark Sanchez does nothing to help it.

But in a league where QBs get equally crucified for flopping in the playoffs, and even though the Jets rush attack was legitimate in 09 and 10, Mark Sanchez had his best games of the year in January and there aren't a lot of quarterbacks you could say that about.
    Yup. Lots of people (including myself) would love Matt Ryan on this team, but he has blown *** in the playoffs so far. Tony Romo has put up big numbers for years and not gotten it done when it counts. Phillip Rivers couldn't get it done. Brett Favre probably choked away a trip to the superbowl against the Saints. Sanchez is 2-1 against Tom Brady and Peyton Manning in the playoffs.

Sanchez is like the anti Armando Benitez. Nobody cares about that now though. But he's certainly done some things worth being appreciative of, even though his time as our QB will hopefully be over soon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    So the fact that Sanchez didn't react like a 5 year old tells you he should have been benched because he doesn't care?

He is a professional, and he handled being benched like a professional. That doesn't mean he was okay with it.
    You did read my final paragraph there no?

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    dammit I agree with you on all these points, don't take it personally that I'm about to rant.

Yup. Lots of people (including myself) would love Matt Ryan on this team, but he has blown *** in the playoffs so far. Tony Romo has put up big numbers for years and not gotten it done when it counts. Phillip Rivers couldn't get it done.
    Perfect 3 examples.

Say the Jets luck out with a late round or undrafted pick like Romo (or McElroy) -- he could put up numbers in the regular season like the numbers Romo has put up in the past and we would flush him down the toilet if he made a mistake in the playoffs. I hate to verbal blow Sanchez because he's not doing anything for us now, but he had 3 TDs and 0 INTs to Brady's 2/1 IN FOXBORO IN THE PLAYOFFS. This was a year Brady won the MVP. This was a year the Patriots were 14-2 and 8-0 at home, and whacked the Jets 45-3 on December 6th. I won't deny that it was a team victory, but haters gonna hate. Say what you want about Sanchez but when has the grass been greener on the other side?

As far as Matt Ryan... Mark Sanchez doesn't stack up to the other QBs that have been drafted in the past 5 years. Well, once again, Sanchez aside, look at what these other teams have done to put weapons around their QB. Regardless of who your QB is you put him in a position to succeed right?
    Falcons/Ryan - made moves for Julio Jones, had Roddy White, put together other players Tony Gonzalez Mike Turner etc..
    Ravens/Flacco - self proclaimed best QB. They still went out and got Anquan Boldin and Ray Rice is one of the best pass catchers out of the backfield
    Lions/Stafford - they already had Calvin Johnson, if thats not a safety net
    Bengals/Dalton - drafted AJ Greene, Jermaine Gresham is a great TE
    Bucs/Freeman - brought in Vincent Jackson
    Even J-ville brought in Blackmon after Gabbert

And Rivers. Philip Rivers and Josh Freeman show you how much the pendulum can swing depending on the team you have playing around you.
    Brett Favre probably choked away a trip to the superbowl against the Saints. Sanchez is 2-1 against Tom Brady and Peyton Manning in the playoffs.
    Still pissed about 2008, and still not sure whether it was Favre that tried to play through a torn bicep or whether the team covered it up.
    Sanchez is like the anti Armando Benitez. Nobody cares about that now though. But he's certainly done some things worth being appreciative of, even though his time as our QB will hopefully be over soon.
    And there is the problem.

I love Rex but theres an obvious offensive neglect going on. Defense is always good for the talent thats on it.

Same with Sanchez to an extent. He has shown flashes but has shown fuses.

vCash
    when was the last time sanchez stepped into anything but a hot steaming pile of ****?

Thing is for every great sanchez play in his career he would follow it up with about 4 terrible ones.

Hate to break it to you but sanchez is the same QB every one saw in 2009 and 2010. The only difference now is the Jets dont have the #1 rushing attack and elite defense to bail out his weekly mistakes.

This team is void of talent, so every sanchez mistake is exasperated.
    people were fooled into thinking sanchez had good years only because the Jets were winning.

Just look at his stats. Since 2011 sanchez is #2 in turnovers. Hes never had a completion % over 57 or a QBR over 80.

If you are looking at sanchez high light reels you are just fooling yourself. For a quick dose of reality just look at Jamarcus Russel high light reels.
    Thanksgiving night he stepped into his line man.

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    So i took my dad to his first Football game yesterday Jets vs Cardinals. My Dad having little or no knowledge of the game ( Football fan (Soccer) ) He said at half time Sanchez Looks beat, and it would do him some good to sit on the bench. Normally i would have a counter point to this argument, but strangely i agreed with him. Its not that Sanchez is any worse than McElroy but he's not got the energy, looked like he had given up. I believe that siting Sanchez at least a couple more games might give him the drive to get HIS job back.

When McElroy entered the game, the team had life, the fans had life it was a completely different atmosphere. The running game was working, the Oline were making holes and receivers were getting open. A change that needed to happen not because we want McElroy but because Sanchez was down and we needed to win.

Going back to what this thread is all about McElroy. He's a winner. I believe don't quote me on this but he's only lost one game as a starting QB. He makes smart decisions, instead of forcing balls (turnovers) great time management, having no training time was able to do the 4 min drill wonderfully. Ive been calling for McElroy to be the QB over Tebow. (I like Tebow but not as a QB) As a jets fan i became annoyed that McElroy was doing things that Sanchez doesn't even do. When no one was available he was able to throw the ball away not force it. He was recognizing defenses, Knowing how long he had left on the clock.

The Biggest Question i have is, Would they of Played Tebow if he was geared up?

PSD"S JETS FORUM SURVIVOR LEAGUE CHAMPION 2013

vCash
    In limited time yesterday McElroy played better than Sanchez did in a lot of the games he started this year

Props To CheapTrikz For The Sig

vCash
    If McElroy starts from now on, I think they should bring Pennington in to tutor this kid

vCash
    We've got something special in McElroy I heard the guys calling the game mention that he took control of the scout team and got them focused to get better. Give this kid time with the 1st team offense during practice and see what he is really capable of

Props To CheapTrikz For The Sig

vCash
    Make no mistake, the Jets have failed Sanchez horribly. You don't draft a QB no. 5 overall and groom him to be a game manager. And you also don't drastically change his WR corp every season. You probably shouldn't get rid of guys who seem to have chemistry with him like Braylon and Cotch.

Then they don't use any high draft picks on weapons to help him until this past draft where they drafted a raw project player in rd 2.

Don't get me wrong, as a former Sanchez supporter, I acknowledge that he sucks and a lot of it is on him. His lack awareness and propensity to **** up and the most crucial times is probably more of a result of his mental make up.

But a lot of it is on the Jets too. They have done nothing since they drafted him to help him develop.

Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast