Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 196

Thread: Greg McElroy

  1. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Southern CAL
    Posts
    5,072
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    So the fact that Sanchez didn't react like a 5 year old tells you he should have been benched because he doesn't care?

    He is a professional, and he handled being benched like a professional. That doesn't mean he was okay with it.
    He didn't intend to make it sound like the way your explaining it magoo. He was simply saying that if you really want to play you would say something anything to the coach. For instance if a QB like Tom Brady, if he were to get benched (not plausible now I know) do you think he wouldn't beg BB to let him keep playing he can rite the ship. I feel like Sanchez doesn't really want to be the QB, he doesn't have that fire or that moxy that he once possesed.


    #Hernandezing


    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,513
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    Couldnt have asked Sanchez to do it any other way. I give him credit he went to Sporano then he went to Rex, just so he could hear it from the horses mouth.

    He knows Rex gave him ample time. Rex probably should have pulled him at half. Rex gave him 1 last shot, and after seeing a very near pick 6 Sanchez followed it up with a batted pass.

    What else do you expect him to do? Im sure deep down even he knew it was time.

    He reads the papers, he hears the crowd. He sees his stupid mistakes that kill his team.

    Reality sucks sometimes...Sanchez watched as an unspectacular Mcelroy lead the team to its first score with crisp smart throws. Mcelroy energized the offense and gave the wr's a reason to get open. And that they did getting just enough seperation for Mcelroy to put the ball in perfect spots.

    And that is all the jets ever asked for out of the QB position. No turnovers and smart accurate throws. Give the team a chance to win.

    Sanchez will get 1 last shot next year. His contract dictates as much. But he wont be the named starter he will be on equal grounds with Mcelroy and probably a F.A. or rookie QB.

    with that said I just dont see sanchez as the Jets QB. Mcelroy is a better game manager. And almost any F.A. QB can do what sanchez has done in his 4 years here.

    Sanchez may have a future but it will probably be with a team like the Cards browns etc teams with no pressure. NY is too much for Sanchez.
    Damn you, GreenGoblin!!!! You are my Lex Luthor, and I can't have you agreeing with me about Sanchez. I swear to Jeebus that I shall one day stop you.


    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,513
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    He didn't intend to make it sound like the way your explaining it magoo. He was simply saying that if you really want to play you would say something anything to the coach. For instance if a QB like Tom Brady, if he were to get benched (not plausible now I know) do you think he wouldn't beg BB to let him keep playing he can rite the ship. I feel like Sanchez doesn't really want to be the QB, he doesn't have that fire or that moxy that he once possesed.
    The fact that he was told by Sparano, but went to Rex says that he was pissed, and wanted to hear it straight from Rex. Once it was confirmed, Mark had no choice but to accept the decision and do his job by charting the game.

    He didn't tell the world how he felt in the press conference because he was acting in a professional manner, and not like a little kid who didn't get the toy he wanted for Christmas.

    If you think he's not going to fight for his job behind closed doors and in practice, I suggest you think again.


    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,286
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Damn you, GreenGoblin!!!! You are my Lex Luthor, and I can't have you agreeing with me about Sanchez. I swear to Jeebus that I shall one day stop you.
    I know weird....Me defending Sanchez..go figure.


    "The Butt of all jokes"

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Southern CAL
    Posts
    5,072
    vCash
    1500

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    The fact that he was told by Sparano, but went to Rex says that he was pissed, and wanted to hear it straight from Rex. Once it was confirmed, Mark had no choice but to accept the decision and do his job by charting the game.

    He didn't tell the world how he felt in the press conference because he was acting in a professional manner, and not like a little kid who didn't get the toy he wanted for Christmas.

    If you think he's not going to fight for his job behind closed doors and in practice, I suggest you think again.
    Guess I didn't get the whole story on that one... GRRRR


    #Hernandezing


    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,513
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    Guess I didn't get the whole story on that one... GRRRR
    Don't try to Magoo Magoo.


    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    15,425
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    Couldnt have asked Sanchez to do it any other way. I give him credit he went to Sporano then he went to Rex, just so he could hear it from the horses mouth.

    He knows Rex gave him ample time. Rex probably should have pulled him at half. Rex gave him 1 last shot, and after seeing a very near pick 6 Sanchez followed it up with a batted pass.

    What else do you expect him to do? Im sure deep down even he knew it was time.

    He reads the papers, he hears the crowd. He sees his stupid mistakes that kill his team.

    Reality sucks sometimes...Sanchez watched as an unspectacular Mcelroy lead the team to its first score with crisp smart throws. Mcelroy energized the offense and gave the wr's a reason to get open. And that they did getting just enough seperation for Mcelroy to put the ball in perfect spots.

    And that is all the jets ever asked for out of the QB position. No turnovers and smart accurate throws. Give the team a chance to win.

    Sanchez will get 1 last shot next year. His contract dictates as much. But he wont be the named starter he will be on equal grounds with Mcelroy and probably a F.A. or rookie QB.

    with that said I just dont see sanchez as the Jets QB. Mcelroy is a better game manager. And almost any F.A. QB can do what sanchez has done in his 4 years here.

    Sanchez may have a future but it will probably be with a team like the Cards browns etc teams with no pressure. NY is too much for Sanchez.
    Then why has Sanchez stepped up big in pressure spots throughout his Jets career? Playoff games, game winning drives, etc., show me that pressure is not a problem for Sanchez. He has simply been ruined by horrible coaching. He is just not the same QB now that he was in 2010 in that Patriots playoff game. I had honestly forgotten how often Sanchez used to make plays outside the pocket until I saw some highlights of his 2010 season. He doesn't do that stuff any more.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,733
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Don't try to Magoo Magoo.
    Lol what's with you referring to yourself in third person?

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,513
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by yanksrock View Post
    Lol what's with you referring to yourself in third person?
    Shhhhh...we don't talk about that here.


    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,286
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    Then why has Sanchez stepped up big in pressure spots throughout his Jets career? Playoff games, game winning drives, etc., show me that pressure is not a problem for Sanchez. He has simply been ruined by horrible coaching. He is just not the same QB now that he was in 2010 in that Patriots playoff game. I had honestly forgotten how often Sanchez used to make plays outside the pocket until I saw some highlights of his 2010 season. He doesn't do that stuff any more.
    when was the last time sanchez stepped into anything but a hot steaming pile of ****?

    Thing is for every great sanchez play in his career he would follow it up with about 4 terrible ones.

    Hate to break it to you but sanchez is the same QB every one saw in 2009 and 2010. The only difference now is the Jets dont have the #1 rushing attack and elite defense to bail out his weekly mistakes.

    This team is void of talent, so every sanchez mistake is exasperated.
    people were fooled into thinking sanchez had good years only because the Jets were winning.

    Just look at his stats. Since 2011 sanchez is #2 in turnovers. Hes never had a completion % over 57 or a QBR over 80.

    If you are looking at sanchez high light reels you are just fooling yourself. For a quick dose of reality just look at Jamarcus Russel high light reels.


    "The Butt of all jokes"

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Meow
    Posts
    30,903
    vCash
    1500
    McElroy is not a dynamic QB and will never be a great passer. But what he showed in his limited time today and what he has shown in his collegiate career is that he will make smart throws and not force the issue. He's an intelligent QB who knows his physical limitations which is good.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,733
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    when was the last time sanchez stepped into anything but a hot steaming pile of ****?

    Thing is for every great sanchez play in his career he would follow it up with about 4 terrible ones.

    Hate to break it to you but sanchez is the same QB every one saw in 2009 and 2010. The only difference now is the Jets dont have the #1 rushing attack and elite defense to bail out his weekly mistakes.

    This team is void of talent, so every sanchez mistake is exasperated.
    people were fooled into thinking sanchez had good years only because the Jets were winning.

    Just look at his stats. Since 2011 sanchez is #2 in turnovers. Hes never had a completion % over 57 or a QBR over 80.

    If you are looking at sanchez high light reels you are just fooling yourself. For a quick dose of reality just look at Jamarcus Russel high light reels.
    You think the Sanchez we saw today is the same as 2009-2010?? Come on!! No rushing attack or defense can bail anybody out with a performance like today's.

    As you point out he wasn't a perfect QB but he was nowhere near the mess we saw today or this season for that matter.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Meow
    Posts
    30,903
    vCash
    1500
    Sanchez made some of the worst decisions/throws today that he has made all year. The 3rd INT wasn't really his fault, it was a bit underthrown but the CB made an exceptional play. Still, though. There were some atrocious moments.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,513
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by yanksrock View Post
    You think the Sanchez we saw today is the same as 2009-2010?? Come on!! No rushing attack or defense can bail anybody out with a performance like today's.

    As you point out he wasn't a perfect QB but he was nowhere near the mess we saw today or this season for that matter.
    Unfortunately, he has been a mess this season, and I think there has to be a reason for that.

    I don't think it's a lack of ability, but his confidence is shot right now.

    I think that this was caused by the organization setting him up to fail this season. I'm not saying it was intentional, but it was done.

    I think the best thing for Sanchez is to sit right now, and get his head straight. Then come back to fight for his job later in the season, or next year.


    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,286
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by yanksrock View Post
    You think the Sanchez we saw today is the same as 2009-2010?? Come on!! No rushing attack or defense can bail anybody out with a performance like today's.

    As you point out he wasn't a perfect QB but he was nowhere near the mess we saw today or this season for that matter.
    Dunno look at his stats. Not much difference at all. around 55% Qbr low 70's same amount of interceptions and fumbles .

    The only difference again is the records, because he doesnt have a #1 rushing attack or elite defense to make up for the mistakes.


    Jets were winning so nobody paid attention to sanchez stats.


    "The Butt of all jokes"

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •