Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 196

Thread: Greg McElroy

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,733
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Absoultely right. Tim Tebow was never going to be the QB of this team because they don't have the personnel or desire to run a college style option offense.
    And rightfully so. The spread option won't work in the NFL.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,286
    vCash
    1500
    Not sure why jets fans wouldnt want Mcelroy to start. Nobody on the roster could be worse than the 3oth ranked QB in the nfl.

    Its painfully obvious Sanchez is not a franchise QB. So why continue to march him out there.

    Jets need to see what they have in Mcelroy. Can he be a starter for a year untill we can draft a stud?

    Maybe Mcelroy can be a Dalton type QB for the Jets.


    "The Butt of all jokes"

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    15,369
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    Not sure why jets fans wouldnt want Mcelroy to start. Nobody on the roster could be worse than the 3oth ranked QB in the nfl.

    Its painfully obvious Sanchez is not a franchise QB. So why continue to march him out there.

    Jets need to see what they have in Mcelroy. Can he be a starter for a year untill we can draft a stud?

    Maybe Mcelroy can be a Dalton type QB for the Jets.
    That would be a disaster for us. The worst thing that could possibly happen to this franchise is McElroy coming in and being a somewhat competent QB that convinces the coaches we don't desperately need to find somebody better than that. Being stuck in 7-9 to 9-7 purgatory does nothing for us. We need a QB who can win games for us.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,286
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    That would be a disaster for us. The worst thing that could possibly happen to this franchise is McElroy coming in and being a somewhat competent QB that convinces the coaches we don't desperately need to find somebody better than that. Being stuck in 7-9 to 9-7 purgatory does nothing for us. We need a QB who can win games for us.
    Mcelroy just won one for us.................


    "The Butt of all jokes"

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,733
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    Mcelroy just won one for us.................
    Against a horrible team.

    Any GM will tell you in any sport; either you are an elite team or you wanna be rock bottom. If he's just good enough to get you some wins then no thanks. I'd rather lose with Sanchez and draft a real QB.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    53,116
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by yanksrock View Post
    Against a horrible team.

    Any GM will tell you in any sport; either you are an elite team or you wanna be rock bottom. If he's just good enough to get you some wins then no thanks. I'd rather lose with Sanchez and draft a real QB.
    It's too late for that.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,733
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    It's too late for that.
    And why is that?

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    987
    vCash
    1500

    It is about time

    McElroy is by no means the Jets savior but he can do no worse than Sanchez. I was hoping that Sanchez would work it out but even when he had good receivers the passes were either to high or behind the receiver, rarely does he hit a receiver in stride. I have been telling people at work they should give McElroy a try, he was the only quarterback on our roster to get a touchdown in the preseason. LOL. I did not even consider Tebow, eventhough I like him just not as my quarterback, he is a great man of God but that is where the buck stops. Not all Sanchez's fault but he is a very big part.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,330
    vCash
    1500
    The biggest reason this should have happened...is because when it did Sanchez didnt even seem to care.

    In the Post Game Press Conference...it was said that Sanchez was going to be benched...Sanchez got word...and "asked Rex if Greg was going in"...Sanchez immediately grabbed a clipboard and didnt miss a beat being the supporter.

    He didnt get mad, he didnt fight, he didnt say "No coach, I am going to go back in there and win this game". That is what disappoints me...you dont see any "fight" in him.

    He handled everything well...and who knows, maybe he didnt "fight" for his job there on the sidelines (or even in post game interview) because he gave it all on the field. If he truly did leave it on all th field, gave it all he got, regardless of level of success, if the tank is empty, he studied his *** off, he worked his *** off, and as a result grabbed the clipboard knowing there was nothing else he could do...then i am fine with that and thanks for your effort Sanchez and best of luck...sincerely.

    Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    15,369
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Realistik84 View Post
    The biggest reason this should have happened...is because when it did Sanchez didnt even seem to care.

    In the Post Game Press Conference...it was said that Sanchez was going to be benched...Sanchez got word...and "asked Rex if Greg was going in"...Sanchez immediately grabbed a clipboard and didnt miss a beat being the supporter.

    He didnt get mad, he didnt fight, he didnt say "No coach, I am going to go back in there and win this game". That is what disappoints me...you dont see any "fight" in him.

    He handled everything well...and who knows, maybe he didnt "fight" for his job there on the sidelines (or even in post game interview) because he gave it all on the field. If he truly did leave it on all th field, gave it all he got, regardless of level of success, if the tank is empty, he studied his *** off, he worked his *** off, and as a result grabbed the clipboard knowing there was nothing else he could do...then i am fine with that and thanks for your effort Sanchez and best of luck...sincerely.
    Come on now, that's absurd. All Sanchez did was respect the decision made by his coaches, and I'm sure he was well aware that he was due to get yanked eventually.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,330
    vCash
    1500
    Yah, he did respect the decision...a bit too gracefully. Even in the interview...

    THAT IS YOUR JOB...and once a backup good luck getting a starting gig again.

    FIGHT FOR THAT JOB...maybe it is personality differences...but I would fight for my case...especially considering they were only down by 3.

    And dont take this the wrong way, i respect he didnt have a tyrade on the sidelines...he maintained his composure very well..I am not asking him to be a whiny *****...but i did not see any fight left in him. I cannot blame him...we (as in NYC and USA) beat the **** out of him for 4 years straight...i guess he just had enough.

    Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    222
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Realistik84 View Post
    The biggest reason this should have happened...is because when it did Sanchez didnt even seem to care.

    In the Post Game Press Conference...it was said that Sanchez was going to be benched...Sanchez got word...and "asked Rex if Greg was going in"...Sanchez immediately grabbed a clipboard and didnt miss a beat being the supporter.

    He didnt get mad, he didnt fight, he didnt say "No coach, I am going to go back in there and win this game". That is what disappoints me...you dont see any "fight" in him.

    He handled everything well...and who knows, maybe he didnt "fight" for his job there on the sidelines (or even in post game interview) because he gave it all on the field. If he truly did leave it on all th field, gave it all he got, regardless of level of success, if the tank is empty, he studied his *** off, he worked his *** off, and as a result grabbed the clipboard knowing there was nothing else he could do...then i am fine with that and thanks for your effort Sanchez and best of luck...sincerely.
    Its funny that you say that, The incomplete pass he threw before Rex benched him he looked like he wasn't even into the game and didn't even want to be out there. He doesn't have that passion for football like you see from other QBs,Thats Tebows best quality his passion for the game , Thats how Tebow makes things happen because he belives in himself.In no way am I endorseing Tebow as or QB but at this point if it was between only him n Sanchez id take Tebow and go to war

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    5,478
    vCash
    1500
    I'm down to stick with McElroy.

    Granted we are still a bad team no matter which QB on our roster is playing. But we might as well let someone else get a crack at it. Give McElroy a chance to screw **** up. I mean why not at this point?

    Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,341
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Realistik84 View Post
    The biggest reason this should have happened...is because when it did Sanchez didnt even seem to care.

    In the Post Game Press Conference...it was said that Sanchez was going to be benched...Sanchez got word...and "asked Rex if Greg was going in"...Sanchez immediately grabbed a clipboard and didnt miss a beat being the supporter.

    He didnt get mad, he didnt fight, he didnt say "No coach, I am going to go back in there and win this game". That is what disappoints me...you dont see any "fight" in him.

    He handled everything well...and who knows, maybe he didnt "fight" for his job there on the sidelines (or even in post game interview) because he gave it all on the field. If he truly did leave it on all th field, gave it all he got, regardless of level of success, if the tank is empty, he studied his *** off, he worked his *** off, and as a result grabbed the clipboard knowing there was nothing else he could do...then i am fine with that and thanks for your effort Sanchez and best of luck...sincerely.
    So the fact that Sanchez didn't react like a 5 year old tells you he should have been benched because he doesn't care?

    He is a professional, and he handled being benched like a professional. That doesn't mean he was okay with it.


    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,286
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    So the fact that Sanchez didn't react like a 5 year old tells you he should have been benched because he doesn't care?

    He is a professional, and he handled being benched like a professional. That doesn't mean he was okay with it.
    Couldnt have asked Sanchez to do it any other way. I give him credit he went to Sporano then he went to Rex, just so he could hear it from the horses mouth.

    He knows Rex gave him ample time. Rex probably should have pulled him at half. Rex gave him 1 last shot, and after seeing a very near pick 6 Sanchez followed it up with a batted pass.

    What else do you expect him to do? Im sure deep down even he knew it was time.

    He reads the papers, he hears the crowd. He sees his stupid mistakes that kill his team.

    Reality sucks sometimes...Sanchez watched as an unspectacular Mcelroy lead the team to its first score with crisp smart throws. Mcelroy energized the offense and gave the wr's a reason to get open. And that they did getting just enough seperation for Mcelroy to put the ball in perfect spots.

    And that is all the jets ever asked for out of the QB position. No turnovers and smart accurate throws. Give the team a chance to win.

    Sanchez will get 1 last shot next year. His contract dictates as much. But he wont be the named starter he will be on equal grounds with Mcelroy and probably a F.A. or rookie QB.

    with that said I just dont see sanchez as the Jets QB. Mcelroy is a better game manager. And almost any F.A. QB can do what sanchez has done in his 4 years here.

    Sanchez may have a future but it will probably be with a team like the Cards browns etc teams with no pressure. NY is too much for Sanchez.


    "The Butt of all jokes"

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •