Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 196

Thread: Greg McElroy

  1. #136
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,238
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Oh, I'm a Sanchez supporter in that I believe he's better than what we've seen this season. I wish the Jets had investing in their offense a little more because when you use a #5 pick on a QB, I think it is monsterously foolish not to surround him with talent that can help him succeed.

    Just because I'm a supporter of Sanchez does not mean I'm blind. The thing is that so many of the Sanchez bashers are blind to the good that he brings, to the table. Every incomplete pass is his fault, and every completion is treated like a miracle.

    I have also said for weeks that the only reason Sanchez didn't get benched was because the #2 guy is not capable of being an NFL QB, so benching Sanchez serves no purpose but to give the media and fans change for the sake of change.

    The first chance Rex had to replace Sanchez without the Tebow circus being an issue, he did it. Do you think that's a coincidence? I don't.

    i dont see tho how u can see he isnt capable of being an NFL QB when he's 7-5 as a starter and has a playoff win at heinz field. This guy has never had a full season as a starter, is a first round pick, won a national championship, and has been in the league for one less year then sanchez. I know he doesnt look pretty but i think if you took away the name tim tebow and said to someone we have a QB on our roster that was drafted in the first round is 7-5 as a starter, has a playoff win under his belt and is only in his third year in the league people would give him a shot

    and dont mean to be bashing you but do tell about these good things, please

  2. #137
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,286
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Oh, I'm a Sanchez supporter in that I believe he's better than what we've seen this season. I wish the Jets had investing in their offense a little more because when you use a #5 pick on a QB, I think it is monsterously foolish not to surround him with talent that can help him succeed.

    Just because I'm a supporter of Sanchez does not mean I'm blind. The thing is that so many of the Sanchez bashers are blind to the good that he brings, to the table. Every incomplete pass is his fault, and every completion is treated like a miracle.I have also said for weeks that the only reason Sanchez didn't get benched was because the #2 guy is not capable of being an NFL QB, so benching Sanchez serves no purpose but to give the media and fans change for the sake of change.

    The first chance Rex had to replace Sanchez without the Tebow circus being an issue, he did it. Do you think that's a coincidence? I don't.
    Please help this "basher" out. What does Sanchez do well that a 7th rounder could not do? Or someone costing half of what Sanchez makes.

    Maybe im missing something.


    "The Butt of all jokes"

  3. #138
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,286
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsYanksDevils View Post
    i dont see tho how u can see he isnt capable of being an NFL QB when he's 7-5 as a starter and has a playoff win at heinz field. This guy has never had a full season as a starter, is a first round pick, won a national championship, and has been in the league for one less year then sanchez. I know he doesnt look pretty but i think if you took away the name tim tebow and said to someone we have a QB on our roster that was drafted in the first round is 7-5 as a starter, has a playoff win under his belt and is only in his third year in the league people would give him a shot
    This is the other one that makes me laugh. How can people defend sanchez with stupid excuses ,Yet turn a blind eye to Tebow . Tebows first year he completed 48% Sanchez rookie year 52% isnt that like um 3-4 dropped passes? Magoo? 87? help me out here!

    People say Sanchez won in the playoffs. Well so did Tebow.
    Tebow turns the ball over less and runs the ball much better. Yet because Tebow does it different hes considered a good FB player. where Sanchez is considered the better starter.

    Hmmmm.. dunno how any Sanchez defender can rip on Tebow.


    "The Butt of all jokes"

  4. #139
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,015
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsYanksDevils View Post
    i dont see tho how u can see he isnt capable of being an NFL QB when he's 7-5 as a starter and has a playoff win at heinz field. This guy has never had a full season as a starter, is a first round pick, won a national championship, and has been in the league for one less year then sanchez. I know he doesnt look pretty but i think if you took away the name tim tebow and said to someone we have a QB on our roster that was drafted in the first round is 7-5 as a starter, has a playoff win under his belt and is only in his third year in the league people would give him a shot

    and dont mean to be bashing you but do tell about these good things, please
    Tebow is a football player and a winner. He's not a QB. Denver had the personnel last year to completely change their offensive scheme to suit Tebow's talents as a running back who throws the ball, but not very well.

    In a 6 game stretch where the team went 5-1 these were Tebow's stats...
    10-21 124 yds
    2-8 69 yds
    9-20 104 yds (against the Jets)
    9-18 143 yds


    Does that get it done with this Jets offense? That equals a 4 game losing streak with the Jets.

    People also point to the INT's and claim that Tebow doesn't turn the ball over. He fumbled 14 times last year in just over half a season. That's right...14 ****ing fumbles. That's a lot of K-Y on his hands.

    This isn't just my opinion. It is a just the opinion of some fans. It is the opinion of nearly everyone in the NFL, including Tebow's former team with whom he went to the playoffs.

    Tim Tebow a a football player, and a great motivational story. He is not an NFL QB.

    I don't say Tebow isn't an NFL QB to support Sanchez. When people asked why Sanchez didn't get benced, I did claim that the answer was that there is no viable backup on the team (McElroy wasn't even dressing for games), and Tebow's stats back up my claim. That's not a defense of Sanchez, it's a statement of fact. At least now, McElroy is a legit option to replace Sanchez.


    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

  5. #140
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Southern CAL
    Posts
    5,060
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Tebow is a football player and a winner. He's not a QB. Denver had the personnel last year to completely change their offensive scheme to suit Tebow's talents as a running back who throws the ball, but not very well.

    In a 6 game stretch where the team went 5-1 these were Tebow's stats...
    10-21 124 yds
    2-8 69 yds
    9-20 104 yds (against the Jets)
    9-18 143 yds


    Does that get it done with this Jets offense? That equals a 4 game losing streak with the Jets.

    People also point to the INT's and claim that Tebow doesn't turn the ball over. He fumbled 14 times last year in just over half a season. That's right...14 ****ing fumbles. That's a lot of K-Y on his hands.

    This isn't just my opinion. It is a just the opinion of some fans. It is the opinion of nearly everyone in the NFL, including Tebow's former team with whom he went to the playoffs.

    Tim Tebow a a football player, and a great motivational story. He is not an NFL QB.

    I don't say Tebow isn't an NFL QB to support Sanchez. When people asked why Sanchez didn't get benced, I did claim that the answer was that there is no viable backup on the team (McElroy wasn't even dressing for games), and Tebow's stats back up my claim. That's not a defense of Sanchez, it's a statement of fact. At least now, McElroy is a legit option to replace Sanchez.
    Somehow those stats are pretty close to Sanchez's on his "off" days...


    #Hernandezing


    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

  6. #141
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,015
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    This is the other one that makes me laugh. How can people defend sanchez with stupid excuses ,Yet turn a blind eye to Tebow . Tebows first year he completed 48% Sanchez rookie year 52% isnt that like um 3-4 dropped passes? Magoo? 87? help me out here!

    People say Sanchez won in the playoffs. Well so did Tebow.
    Tebow turns the ball over less and runs the ball much better. Yet because Tebow does it different hes considered a good FB player. where Sanchez is considered the better starter.

    Hmmmm.. dunno how any Sanchez defender can rip on Tebow.
    Now you're being deliberately dense. Tebow is 2-3 completions worse than Sanchez. When the Broncos were on their winning streak, they didn't let Tebow throw the ball unless absolutely unavoidable. He won a game by throwing 8 passes, and only completing 2. If Sanchez went 2-8 in a game, you'd personally go to his house and burn it to the ****ing ground.

    Tebow also has a history of fumbling the football. He fumbled 14 times last year.

    All I ever said regarding Sanchez vs Tebow is that Tebow does not put a better QB behind the center than Sanchez at his worst.

    You keep trying to turn that into me (and others) calling Sanchez a great QB. You're completely misrepresenting people's comments to support your anti Sanchez agenda.

    You ignore anything he does well, and only focus on his mistakes. You have zero objectivity when it comes to Sanchez, but will defend any other QB who does the same exact things like a "back shoulder" pass that Kerley had to make a 1-handed circus catch on because the ball was thrown to far behind him.

    That ball was 6-12" behind his back shoulder, but you credit McElroy. Sanchez threw a back shoulder pass that actually hit Schillens on his back shoulder, and you went on and on about Sanchez's lack of accuracy.

    Dude, you're such a hypocrite when it comes to your bashing of Sanchez, but you can't admit it's because you hate him. Instead you bait and bash those of us who can see the good and the bad in what Sanchez is.


    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

  7. #142
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,015
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    Somehow those stats are pretty close to Sanchez's on his "off" days...
    Which means that Tebow at his best is barely equal to Sanchez at his worst.

    That's all I need to know, except for one more thing...Why is Tebow here?


    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

  8. #143
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,286
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Tebow is a football player and a winner. He's not a QB. Denver had the personnel last year to completely change their offensive scheme to suit Tebow's talents as a running back who throws the ball, but not very well.

    In a 6 game stretch where the team went 5-1 these were Tebow's stats...
    10-21 124 yds
    2-8 69 yds
    9-20 104 yds (against the Jets)
    9-18 143 yds

    Does that get it done with this Jets offense? That equals a 4 game losing streak with the Jets. People also point to the INT's and claim that Tebow doesn't turn the ball over. He fumbled 14 times last year in just over half a season. That's right...14 ****ing fumbles. That's a lot of K-Y on his hands.

    This isn't just my opinion. It is a just the opinion of some fans. It is the opinion of nearly everyone in the NFL, including Tebow's former team with whom he went to the playoffs.

    Tim Tebow a a football player, and a great motivational story. He is not an NFL QB.

    I don't say Tebow isn't an NFL QB to support Sanchez. When people asked why Sanchez didn't get benced, I did claim that the answer was that there is no viable backup on the team (McElroy wasn't even dressing for games), and Tebow's stats back up my claim. That's not a defense of Sanchez, it's a statement of fact. At least now, McElroy is a legit option to replace Sanchez.
    Wait wait wait...you are only painting half the picture here. Might be able to pull that crap on others but not me. Lets really look at those games you posted for Tebow.
    I also have to question why you say in a 6 game stretch..yet you post 4 games LMAO..And I have an agenda?

    Nov 6 Tebow 10-21 124yds 2 TD ---13 rushes 118yds
    Nov 13 Tebow 2-8 69 1td ----9rushes 43yds 1 TD
    Nov 17 Tebow 9-20 104yds---8 rushes 68yds 1TD
    Nov 27 Tebow 9-18 143 1TD--- 22rushes 67yds
    Dec 4 Tebow 10-15 202 2 TD--- 4rushes 13yds
    Dec 11 Tebow 21-39 237 1TD 1 int----12 rushes 49yds

    Tells a different story huh.

    In that span Tebow had 1 INT. With the Jets defense and Tebow not turning the ball over why wouldnt it get the job done? If it didnt at least Tebow wouldnt be putting the defense behind the 8 ball to start like sanchez does since 2009.

    Now to the fumbles. Tebow had 13 fumbles not 14 but hey you dont have an agenda right?. Lets compare that to Sanchez's 10 fumbles.

    Now lets compare total turnovers
    And lets not forget 2011 was Tebows first year starting.



    Sanchez 2011 28 turn overs
    Tebow 2011 19 turnovers
    Sanchez 2009 30 turnovers


    So again how can any Sanchez defender try and **** on Tebow. It makes no sense.
    Last edited by GreenLantern; 12-05-2012 at 05:47 PM.


    "The Butt of all jokes"

  9. #144
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,015
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    Wait wait wait...you are only painting half the picture here. Might be able to pull that crap on others but not me. Lets really look at those games you posted for Tebow.
    I also have to question why you say in a 6 game stretch..yet you post 4 games LMAO..And I have an agenda?

    Nov 6 Tebow 10-21 124yds 2 TD ---13 rushes 118yds
    Nov 13 Tebow 2-8 69 1td ----9rushes 43yds 1 TD
    Nov 17 Tebow 9-20 104yds---8 rushes 68yds 1TD
    Nov 27 Tebow 9-18 143 1TD--- 22rushes 67yds
    Dec 4 Tebow 10-15 202 2 TD--- 4rushes 13yds
    Dec 11 Tebow 21-39 237 1TD 1 int----12 rushes 49yds

    Tells a different story huh.

    In that span Tebow had 1 INT. With the Jets defense and Tebow not turning the ball over why wouldnt it get the job done? If it didnt at least Tebow wouldnt be putting the defense behind the 8 ball to start like sanchez does since 2009.

    Now to the fumbles. Tebow had 13 fumbles not 14. Lets compare that to Sanchez's 10 fumbles.

    Now lets compare total turnovers

    Sanchez 2011 28 turn overs
    Tebow 2011 19 turnovers

    So again how can any Sanchez defender try and **** on Tebow. It makes no sense.
    No it doesn't tell a different story. It backs up what I've been saying. Tebow is a football player, not a QB. He can not drop back and pass in this league. You also failed to address the fumbles. because you're using Tebow to bash Sanchez, when the truth is Tebow's production wouldn't be any more palatable than Sanchez's.

    I'm not even sure if you fully believe what you're spouting here. You're either such a hater that you'll try anything to justify it, or you're just stirring up ****. Either way, it's getting redundant. Until further notice, Sanchez is the QB of the Jets and it doesn't matter what you or I or anyone else here thinks about it.


    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

  10. #145
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,286
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    No it doesn't tell a different story. It backs up what I've been saying. Tebow is a football player, not a QB. He can not drop back and pass in this league. You also failed to address the fumbles. because you're using Tebow to bash Sanchez, when the truth is Tebow's production wouldn't be any more palatable than Sanchez's.

    I'm not even sure if you fully believe what you're spouting here. You're either such a hater that you'll try anything to justify it, or you're just stirring up ****. Either way, it's getting redundant. Until further notice, Sanchez is the QB of the Jets and it doesn't matter what you or I or anyone else here thinks about it.
    HUh? What? Tebow lined up as a QB did he not? He was listed as a QB was he not? He dropped back in all those games and passed did he not? Did he not throw td's? Id say that makes him a QB.

    Again im not a hater. Sorry that I dont agree with your assessments on Sanchez and tebow. I think they both suck. And I want them both off the Jets.

    Problem is how can Sanchez lovers hate on Tebow? It just makes no sense.


    "The Butt of all jokes"

  11. #146
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    15,288
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    Sorry man im not a sith lord. I dont hate Sanchez. I dont like him as a QB for the NY jets. What is there to cloud my judgement?

    What does sanchez do well? If the organization made a mistake they need to live with it and move on.
    How can a QB who makes the same mistakes every week show promise of a franchise QB? I dont see it.

    Sanchez is a Jets QB. I am a Jets fan. Why would I root for him to fail? I dont root for anyone to fail. Let alone a player on the team I love.

    I will also not put on green googles and act like Sanchez is or has ever been a good QB for the NY Jets. except in the playoffs which baffle me. But then again Everyone says Tebow sucks as do i but even he put up solid numbers in the playoffs.
    What part of the turning **** into gold point did you not understand? Garcon drops a pass, then turns an INT into a 59 yard TD pass. Our receivers drop a pass, then turn a 10 yard completion into an 11 yard completion.

  12. #147
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,015
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    HUh? What? Tebow lined up as a QB did he not? He was listed as a QB was he not? He dropped back in all those games and passed did he not? Did he not throw td's? Id say that makes him a QB.

    Again im not a hater. Sorry that I dont agree with your assessments on Sanchez and tebow. I think they both suck. And I want them both off the Jets.

    Problem is how can Sanchez lovers hate on Tebow? It just makes no sense.
    I just don't have the time or energy to keep going back and forth on this topic. You're exhausting. Don't you have a wife or girlfriend you can annoy instead?


    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

  13. #148
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,286
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    What part of the turning **** into gold point did you not understand? Garcon drops a pass, then turns an INT into a 59 yard TD pass. Our receivers drop a pass, then turn a 10 yard completion into an 11 yard completion.
    You act like Sanchez was never the beneficiary of a 5 yard slant turned into a TD.

    I can remember Kerley and Holmes taking short passes to the house.


    heres a short pass taken by Hill for a Td. Notice how its a perfect throw hitting Hill in stride.

    http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201209...ghts&tab=recap


    "The Butt of all jokes"

  14. #149
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,286
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    I just don't have the time or energy to keep going back and forth on this topic. You're exhausting. Don't you have a wife or girlfriend you can annoy instead?
    My wife is immune to me.


    "The Butt of all jokes"

  15. #150
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,015
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    My wife is immune to me.
    Can I get some of what she's on?


    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •