Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Greg McElroy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    Receivers help a QB more than a running back ever will.I would have expected the Jets to bring in some legitimate receivers to help Sanchez out, and sit Sanchez on the bench at least for the first part of the 2009 season, and preferably the whole season. It was absurd that he was starting on day 1. It was also stupid to draft a QB in the top 5 and basically just tell him "don't screw up." Instead of putting Sanchez in a situation to succeed, they put him in a situation where he couldn't really fail. It was also a joke that we were expecting Brian Schottenheimer to basically tutor Sanchez, because I think I know more about offensive game planning and execution than him.

And you should watch some Redskins games, because basically their entire game plan is set up by the Baylor plays. They're really fun to watch actually.
    REALLY? REALLY? How is Fitzgerald helping Lindley over in Arizona?

How is Randy Moss and Crabtree helping Alex Smith with the deep ball?

How are the Bills wr's helping with Fitzpatricks turnovers?

How was Blackmon and Shorts helping Gabbart in Jacksonville? they sure look better with Henne now.

"Instead of putting Sanchez in a situation to succeed, they put him in a situation where he couldn't really fail?" HUH? isnt that the same thing? was I magood? now im confused!!!

As far as Shotty goes..People always assume he doesnt know how to work with young Qb's.

Drew Brees under shotty as QB's coach posted

60.8% 3284 17td

Sam Bradford under Shotty
    60.8% 2668 14td

those numbers seem ok to me.

How come he is blamed for Sanchez terrible numbers? Oh yeah Homers need an excuse a scape goat. It could never be Sanchez fault!!

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    I have said that for years. When you look at 30 passes, the difference between about 56% and 66% is 3 passes and those could be 1 yard screen plays. And for all of the hype on Greg McElroy, he only led the Jets to 7 points. Yes, that was good enough to beat the Cardinals that day, but that won't be enough Sunday against Jacksonville. McElroy was nothing more than a little spark on a day when your starter was having a horrendous day.
    And for the same amount of times ive been saying you could take that same formula and add them to every other QB in the NFL.

Those numbers dont only apply to sanchez folks.

Or do you sanchez supporters believe he is the only victim of dropped passes? And every other QB in the NFL is dinking and dunking? That excuse is the biggest joke of them all.

That excuse almost makes it worse for Sanchez because he doesnt throw down field much. The Jets try to keep his % in the mid 50s by calling high % passes. Sanchez best pass is the 5 yard slant. Not exactly the hardest pass in the NFL.

As far as Mcelroy... he could have led the Jets to 14 points. Jets just decided to kill the play on the 1yd line.

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Breaking news: #jets announce that Ryan has named Sanchez starting QB.

vCash
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Rex Ryan never seriously considered starting Tim Tebow this week vs Jaguars. #nyj

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yanksrock View Post
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Rex Ryan never seriously considered starting Tim Tebow this week vs Jaguars. #nyj
    And he never should have. Tebow is not a valid option. This is not revelation, or even news worthy.

Why does it seem like Mehta is always stirring the Tebow pot?

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Well there goes my hump day!

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    And he never should have. Tebow is not a valid option. This is not revelation, or even news worthy.

Why does it seem like Mehta is always stirring the Tebow pot?
    why is it not a valid option. Sanchez is a valid option? lets break down Sanchez. ( and you can check my post was a sanchez supporter his whole career untill about week 4 this season)

No accuracy
    Doesnt connect on the deep ball....ever
    Throws too many INT's
    Fumbles too much
    Not Consistent
    Never puts the team on his back
    No leadership

The guy isnt gonna hit 3,000 yards passing in his 4th season in a league where its easy to hit that number.
    He has 10 fumbles (5 lost)
    12TDS 13INTS

What the **** do you still see in this guy this guy is a bust plain and simple. Someone else wrote this the other day but if we didnt trade up for him and he went to an actual bad team he wouldve been in the same breath as jamarcus russel for biggest busts ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ceTGLXDaAg
    shows how much of a ***** he is. and he smiles after its the definition of a *****. guys cant view him as the team leader cuz **** like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxVa6V304f4
    EMBARRISING

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsYanksDevils View Post
    why is it not a valid option. Sanchez is a valid option? lets break down Sanchez. ( and you can check my post was a sanchez supporter his whole career untill about week 4 this season)

No accuracy
    Doesnt connect on the deep ball....ever
    Throws too many INT's
    Fumbles too much
    Not Consistent
    Never puts the team on his back
    No leadership

The guy isnt gonna hit 3,000 yards passing in his 4th season in a league where its easy to hit that number.
    He has 10 fumbles (5 lost)
    12TDS 13INTS

What the **** do you still see in this guy this guy is a bust plain and simple. Someone else wrote this the other day but if we didnt trade up for him and he went to an actual bad team he wouldve been in the same breath as jamarcus russel for biggest busts ever.

shows how much of a ***** he is. and he smiles after its the definition of a *****. guys cant view him as the team leader cuz **** like this

EMBARRISING
    Funny how your response to my Tebow comment is to attack me for what you perceive as my backing of Sanchez...even though I have already stated that I don't think Sanchez should be the starter.

Defending Tebow by bashing me or Sanchez is only proving that you know I'm right, so you're deflecting. It's a nice tactic, and often gets politicians elected. It doesn't disprove my point.

Tebow is not an NFL QB by any definition of the term. Lash out at me all you want, but it won't change that fact about Tebow. Ask anyone in the league, and they will tell you that as a QB, Tebow is a good "football player." No one will ever use the word quarterback when praising Tebow.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsYanksDevils View Post

EMBARRISING
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myNyMP9ddrg
    Shows how much of a ***** he is. And he cries after its the definition of a *****. Guys can't view him as the team leader cuz **** like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlIQFf7A5wY
    EMBARRISING

vCash
    He doesn't need elite around him, but with the Jets he hasn't even come close.
    why didnt you answer the diff between 55%-65% is 3-4 passes a game lame excuse? Thats the one I really want to hear from you and 87.

Just in case you needed a reminder.

Every Qb deals with about 3-4 dropped passes in every game. So if we give every QB in the NFL 3-4 more completions where does that leave Sanchez?

Or are you stating that Sanchez is the only victim of dropped passes?

Or better yet are you saying all other Qb's only Dink and dunk?

Do you even deny that sanchez throws very few deep passes?

clock is ticking..Im holding you and 87's feet to the fire.

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    Funny how your response to my Tebow comment is to attack me for what you perceive as my backing of Sanchez...even though I have already stated that I don't think Sanchez should be the starter.

Defending Tebow by bashing me or Sanchez is only proving that you know I'm right, so you're deflecting. It's a nice tactic, and often gets politicians elected. It doesn't disprove my point.

Tebow is not an NFL QB by any definition of the term. Lash out at me all you want, but it won't change that fact about Tebow. Ask anyone in the league, and they will tell you that as a QB, Tebow is a good "football player." No one will ever use the word quarterback when praising Tebow.
    He deflects.....And you avoid.. Makes that an equally nice tactic. But in mitts case it wont get you elected.

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    He deflects.....And you avoid.. Makes that an equally nice tactic. But in mitts case it wont get you elected.
    I've already addressed Sanchez. I don't chew my fat twice, and I'm not going to defend Sanchez as part of a Tebow conversation.

I'm not getting sucked into a political conversation, but Mitt wasn't the only person running for office in 2012. There was hundreds of candidates, most of whom chose to talk about their opponents instead of their own records.

All except one...this was my all time favorite political ad, even though I have no idea what he was running for, or what state he was even in. Only saw it once, but that was all I needed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8IbWLIsJ6A

-Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    why didnt you answer the diff between 55%-65% is 3-4 passes a game lame excuse? Thats the one I really want to hear from you and 87.

Just in case you needed a reminder.

Every Qb deals with about 3-4 dropped passes in every game. So if we give every QB in the NFL 3-4 more completions where does that leave Sanchez?

Or are you stating that Sanchez is the only victim of dropped passes?

Or better yet are you saying all other Qb's only Dink and dunk?

Do you even deny that sanchez throws very few deep passes?

clock is ticking..Im holding you and 87's feet to the fire.
    Sanchez has had more than 3-4 drops a game. In the Pittsburgh and first Miami games alone he had more like 10 drops (including 3 by the usually sure handed Holmes in Pitt). Hill alone had averaged 2-3 drops per game until last Sunday.

If you think the Jets WR's don't miss more catchable balls than guys on other teams, I suggest you watch games that the Jets aren't playing in. I have watched a lot this year, and in most games I find myself wondering why we don't have a guy (other than Kerley) who can do what I see other WR's do. And I'm not even talking about elite WR's. I mean just solid players. The Jets have only 1 now that Holmes is out, and they did nothing to address that problem.

With the exception of Kerley, I don't see the Jets receivers making plays that WR's on other teams make on balls that are not thrown right in the center of their chests.

I'm not going to keep having the same conversations. Despite the fact that I think McElroy should be starting on Sunday, Sanchez is still the QB. Just like I rooted for GMAC on Sunday, I will be rooting for Sanchez this week.

There is no reason for me to keep going back and forth with people who are rooting for Sanchez to fail. When he succeeds with another team, we'll all see that the Jets ruined Sanchez, not the other way around.

-Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myNyMP9ddrg
    Shows how much of a ***** he is. And he cries after its the definition of a *****. Guys can't view him as the team leader cuz **** like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlIQFf7A5wY
    EMBARRISING
    What? He did say, "God bless." Can't beat that.

-Sun Tzu

vCash
    As a former Sanchez supporter I think some of those "excuses" are valid points.
    There are a lot of reasons that Mark Sanchez has been what he's been up to this point. Most of them are on him. Some of them are not.

His first two seasons the Jets relied on their defense and running game. Sanchez was more of a game manager than a difference maker. He was basically told "Get out of the way kid and don't screw it up for us." Not typically how you want to go about grooming your "franchise QB". I think a lot of his struggles those first two seasons can also be attributed by the fact he was young and very inexperience having only started one season in college.

3rd year, the line gets worse, his receivers get worse and the running game gets worse and the defense was worse. And I think given that the fact he had career high in yardage and TD's was encouraging. So I was still optimistic about his potential.

This season, line has gotten a little better but once again the WR corp got worse and running game has regressed.

Those things aren't on Sanchez. Those are things he can't control buuuuutttttttttttttt at the same time there are areas of his game that are within his control that he has not improved in.

After 4 years in the league he still cannot lead his receivers. He still doesn't know when to throw the ball away. He still lacks situational awareness. He still cannot take care of the ball. He still can't hit the checkdown with consistent accuracy. He still was no pocket awareness. He still can't read defenses. He always makes crucial mistakes at the worst times.

I think these are things he would still struggle with no matter who you have around him. I think the "excuses" of the Sanchez backers are factors that contribute to his struggles but at the same time he still is a below average QB and still hurts this team more than he helps.

Ok. I'm done.

Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast