Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Greg McElroy

vCash

Greg McElroy

Can Anyone give me reasons why

1 - He is not starting this weekend?

OR

2 - If he is not good enough and to get a chance in his second year in our current position and coaching staff have made their mind up on him, why we haven't cut him?

vCash
    Because the team is stuck with Sanchez for another year and they want to see if he can ever become anything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange famous View Post
    Can Anyone give me reasons why

1 - He is not starting this weekend?

OR

2 - If he is not good enough and to get a chance in his second year in our current position and coaching staff have made their mind up on him, why we haven't cut him?
    Answers...

1- Mark Sanchez is still the starting QB for your New York Jets, and Timothy Richard Tebow is #2 on the depth chart...although Tebow might be inactive Sunday.

2- So far the only thing McElroy has accomplished is making Timothy Richard Tebow cry. That doesn't mean he has no potential or future.

If Tebow is inactive this week, it will be interesting to see if Rex will go to GMAC if Sanchez is struggling or the team falls far behind. I think there's a chance he would do it.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    My point is:

If Sanchez is at rock bottom (he is)
    And the coaching staff dont trust Tebow to throw the all (they don't)

I see two options with McElroy

1 - He is a prospect and lets give him a go now. We aren't going to make playoffs, there is nothing to lose

2 - He isnt an NFL level player. The coaches have seen this in practice. He should be cut and we bring in somebody who is.

_

What I am saying is play the guy or cut him. If you arent going to give him a shot now, hen are you going to?

And if the answer is "never" what are we paying him for?

vCash
    Has anybody who is calling for McElroy ever seen the dude actually throw the ball? He literally has to heave it to throw the ball 25-30 yards. The difference between Brett Favre and Chad Pennington's arm strength is about the same as the difference between Pennington's and McElroy's.

vCash
    well at least the ball will burn up on re-entry before Hill can drop it!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    Has anybody who is calling for McElroy ever seen the dude actually throw the ball? He literally has to heave it to throw the ball 25-30 yards. The difference between Brett Favre and Chad Pennington's arm strength is about the same as the difference between Pennington's and McElroy's.
    Well, I'm not calling for him, but I have said that IF Sanchez gets benched it should be for McElroy and not Tebow.

I have seen him throw, and to me he has a Pennington-like arm. He's not quite as limp armed as you suggest, and I have seen him throw the ball 40+ yards. Most NFL QB's can throw anywhere from 50-60 yards, so yeah, his arm doesn't measure up in that way.

With the Jets' O-Line, and WR's, it would be like 2007 when teams stacked the box against Pennington, he couldn't do anything about it, and eventually got hurt.

Here's a little something most people don't know about Sanchez. He gets hit A LOT, and always gets back up. In his (almost) 4 year career, he has missed 1 game that he actually could have played but Rex held him out.

People call Sanchez soft. I wonder if GMAC would still be playing if he took the hit's Sanchez does.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Sanchez completed over 70% of his passes in the last two games...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    Because the team is stuck with Sanchez for another year and they want to see if he can ever become anything.
    This is the answer. The End.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by METSandJETS94 View Post
    Sanchez completed over 70% of his passes in the last two games...
    The Sanchez haters will tell you that two games is a small sample size (and I would agree with them), and he padded his stats in garbage time. That's right...the entire second half of the NE game was garbage time in their eyes becuase the team was out of the game. Even though at no time did the Pats drop back into a prevent defense, it was garbage time. Right.

Sanchez has also has completed over 61% of his passes in the last 7 games. He has had a passer rating over 90 in 4 of those six games, and the team has gone 2-4 in those 6 games....yet somehow it is Sanchez's fault the team has lost.

I two games against the Pats, Sanchez has completed 70% for 629 yards with 2 TD's and 2 INT's and a 94.2 rating, but the only play that now seems to matter is that Sanchez ran into Moore's ***.

I am by no means claiming that Sanchez has been good this season. He had a 4 game stretch where he looked like a High Schooler out there, and if the team had a legit #2, Sanchez might have been riding the bench.

Since a #2 doesn't exist, the team had no choice but to stick with him, and he has improved dramatically over the last 6 games. He's got 5 more games to continue to show that he has actually improved and learned from his mistakes. We'll see.

This season for Sanchez has been like the little girl with the curl...

When Mark was good,
    He was very good indeed,
    But when he was bad he was horrid.

-Sun Tzu

vCash
    I seem his highlights and idk where everyone is getting this noodle arm idea from. He doesn't have the strongest of arms but the dude can throw a ball. There's a reason he's on an NFL team.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    The Sanchez haters will tell you that two games is a small sample size (and I would agree with them), and he padded his stats in garbage time. That's right...the entire second half of the NE game was garbage time in their eyes becuase the team was out of the game. Even though at no time did the Pats drop back into a prevent defense, it was garbage time. Right.

Sanchez has also has completed over 61% of his passes in the last 7 games. He has had a passer rating over 90 in 4 of those six games, and the team has gone 2-4 in those 6 games....yet somehow it is Sanchez's fault the team has lost.

I two games against the Pats, Sanchez has completed 70% for 629 yards with 2 TD's and 2 INT's and a 94.2 rating, but the only play that now seems to matter is that Sanchez ran into Moore's ***.

I am by no means claiming that Sanchez has been good this season. He had a 4 game stretch where he looked like a High Schooler out there, and if the team had a legit #2, Sanchez might have been riding the bench.

Since a #2 doesn't exist, the team had no choice but to stick with him, and he has improved dramatically over the last 6 games. He's got 5 more games to continue to show that he has actually improved and learned from his mistakes. We'll see.

This season for Sanchez has been like the little girl with the curl...

When Mark was good,
    He was very good indeed,
    But when he was bad he was horrid.
    Well said.

There is a reason why a former QB of a BCS National Champion was drafted in the 7th round, and that was after scoring a 48 on the WONDERLIC - which probably doesn't correlate very well with success at many positions, but it certainly could have an impact at QB and O-line - where thinking, and making changes on the fly are important.

I know - Farve (I know) got a 5, and is a HOF QB - and McElroy got a 48, and will likely never be a starting QB (although I agree - if the Jets bench Sanchez - which they won't - they HAVE to go with McElroy). He certainly speaks his mind - not only his indictment on the Jets last year, but I had forgotten about this. After the NFL Combine, he was asked on the Dan Patrick Show about who is more NFL ready, Cam Newton, or himself - and he went off about how much more he'd be able to do then Cam, although admitting that Cam has a "higher ceiling" he said he can make changes at the LOS, without looking to the side-line for help, etc. It might be his attitude that helped him, or hurt him, but he sounds like a guy MrT/REX would take a chance on.

I did see all 4 Jets QBs (when Matt Simms was still there) throwing side by side in Cortland - and there was no competition. Sanchez threw it faster and farther and more accurately, and Simms was 2nd, although his and Tebow's ball got there at about the same time (Tebow has a s-l-o-w release) and McElroy's was last, although he was 2nd in accuracy to Sanchez - Tebow was a distant 4th - that is why he shouldn't be our starting QB.

GO JETS!!!

vCash
    Maybe someone should explain why McElroy should start.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    Maybe someone should explain why McElroy should start.
    Well, I could make a case for him even though I feel Sanchez should start the rest of the season. I'll make a point for the opposite side if the spectrum.

1. If the jets plan on drafting a qb soon they should first see what they have in McElroy. Reason I say this is because what if we already have a QB that can get the offense moving in the rite direction? If McElroy started tomorrow and he moved this offense up and down the field, what would the excuse for Sanchez be?

2. If we draft a QB, it would more than likely be a 2nd-5th round pick. If we already have a QB to groom for the future (McElroy) then we should build and offense for him. Rather than draft a QB we can pick up a quality RB or WR.

Like I said before I'm not calling for sanchez's head I think he has played decent with what we provided. But if the FO has no faith in him or no plans to keep him we should see what we have on the roster now before drafting a QB for the future.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    I say either you play every third string QB or cut them.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast