Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by acerimusdux View Post
    They aren't that far away, but they need to be looking at more than a "slightly below average player who wants a shot at playing everyday" for the outfield. With David Wright the only salary commitment for 2014 for more than the $5M they'll be paying Jonathan Niese, this team could easily afford to be in the bidding for the likes of Josh Hamilton.

With a core of Wright, Davis, Hamilton, Dickey, Harvey, Niese, Santana, there's a real chance the supporting cast could come together enough to contend. Right now they're at least one really good player short.
    Yeah I wish.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Ludwick had a 133 wRC+ which is park adjusted, so that is extremely good, and offensive production we would sorely use. His wOBA was better on the road than at home. He'd be a perfect #5 hitter in our line-up.
    This..

Ludwick could certainly help offensively, as could Reed Johnson in a platoon role.

So could Cody Ross.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The Royals wouldn't make that deal.

Dickey could be possible straight up for Myers but Niese would need to be packaged for Myers or Gordon.

We wouldn't be able to acquire both.

Welcome to the forum btw!!
    I meant Niese, Gee ,and Mazzoni package for myers and gordon we could also add a little more but would solve there pitching problem and are outfield peoblem and thank for the warm welcome

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fifthangelkai View Post
    I meant Niese, Gee ,and Mazzoni package for myers and gordon we could also add a little more but would solve there pitching problem and are outfield peoblem and thank for the warm welcome
    Gordon is untouchable to them and they will only deal Myers for a proven front-line arm.(not Dickey)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by acerimusdux View Post
    they aren't that far away, but they need to be looking at more than a "slightly below average player who wants a shot at playing everyday" for the outfield. With david wright the only salary commitment for 2014 for more than the $5m they'll be paying jonathan niese, this team could easily afford to be in the bidding for the likes of josh hamilton.

With a core of wright, davis, hamilton, dickey, harvey, niese, santana, there's a real chance the supporting cast could come together enough to contend. Right now they're at least one really good player short.
    why would hamilton want to come to the mets?????????? Oh anybody remember where one player away and we signed Jason Bay second biggest free agent mistake jus tbehind Bobby Bonillia
    Last edited by fifthangelkai; 11-30-2012 at 09:43 PM. Reason: just adding to it

vCash
    why would hamilton want to come to the mets??????????
    If the Mets had the money and wanted him bad enough he would come here.

The Mets, however, don't want him and he isn't worth the money he is commanding.

7 yrs/175 million which is what he is asking for is too much money for a 4 fWAR player the last two years.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-30-2012 at 09:50 PM.

vCash
    do we feel Duda would be better outfielder/player than Vlad Guerrero. He is old but platooning depending on Pitcher? Also how about Podsednick?

vCash
    A trade for Willingham would be ideal. He'd be a perfect fit on this team but that would obviously be asking for too much. Willingham and Upton are the only two players on the trade market that would be worth acquiring.

As for the free agent market, Cody Ross and Ryan Ludwick are the only two viable options. Both are nice steady moderately powerful bats from the right side.

Unless we could somehow net young major league ready talent for Dickey. I could dream of a Dickey + Flores for Myers. However, that's asking for too much.

Hell, anything would be better than the atrocity we currently have.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    A trade for Willingham would be ideal. He'd be a perfect fit on this team but that would obviously be asking for too much. Willingham and Upton are the only two players on the trade market that would be worth acquiring.

As for the free agent market, Cody Ross and Ryan Ludwick are the only two viable options. Both are nice steady moderately powerful bats from the right side.

Unless we could somehow net young major league ready talent for Dickey. I could dream of a Dickey + Flores for Myers. However, that's asking for too much.

Hell, anything would be better than the atrocity we currently have.
    Yep.

They have to do something with this OF if they think they have any chance of competing next year.

vCash
    No one probably wants to hear this, but the Mets Gregor Blanco is Mike Baxter.

Give Mike Baxter all the AB Duda would get, and we would see a nice improvement.

Get Ludwick, and our OF would look decent.

LF-Ludwick, CF-Nieuwenhuis, RF-Baxter is a decent one. Get a guy like Reed Johnson to platoon with Baxter, and maybe even bring back Torres for cheap to play with Kirk in CF.
    dude thats a terrible outfield.... how many can u name that would be a worse outfield in baseball than that? Not many i'm sure.... don't kid yourself.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    No matter what we do this year, we are a 70-80 win team.

We need three accomplished major league outfielders and a solid catcher and more quality pitching depth. Simple formula.

Folks, you can spin it any which way you want to. This team is made up of too many lousy players. I can see this team, at the earliest, competing possibly in 2015.

We're a beat team with way too many holes to fill.

At least we're not the Chicago Cubs.

Shea Stadium Scoreboard May 31, 1964

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    dude thats a terrible outfield.... how many can u name that would be a worse outfield in baseball than that? Not many i'm sure.... don't kid yourself.
    Average? Yes. Terrible? No. Sexy? Definitely not, but it's definitely better than what we threw out there this season.

Duda was a negative asset(-1.1 WAR) and was consistently poor on the bases and on defense. Baxter could easily put up a 2-3 WAR imo, he was a sneaky good player last year.

Ludwick is a legit power threat(.373 wOBA, .256 ISO, 133 wRC+) that will help us immensely. He's probably a below average fielder out there at this point, but he won't kill you out there.

I don't think we've seen the best of Kirk Nieuwenhuis. Teams will do worse than him in CF, and I think he will make some adjustments to the league 2nd time around. He's going to be 25 for the majority of next season, so he has time to do it. Torres could be brought back cheap too if we want to platoon them.

Better defense will make our pitching even better, as run prevention is important too.

vCash
    They are basically two outfielders: one with power and one with speed away from competing. That's a little, but also a lot depending on how you look at it. We need a leadoff hitter to drop Tejada to 8.
    Sandy Alderson says Mets' 2014 payroll will be more than $87 million
    (11/19/2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    Payroll is $85 million this year. It was $85 million last year.
    (05/27/14)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    I don't think we're that far away.
    (6 games under .500 before June. Not that far away from what?)

vCash
    OH MY GOD THAT IS NOT EVEN A REASONABLE OFFER FOR MYERS AND GORDON!!

Niese, Gee, and Mazzoni wouldn't be enough to get Myers ALONE!!! Then you add in Gordon, a proven consistant .290-.300 hitter with power and speed.

Stop embarrassing mets fans with these ridiculous proposals. Really, that wouldn't be close for Myers and Gordon.

STOP IT!

If you wanna talk a realistic trade......... Wheeler for Myers I would do and thats fair for both sides.

vCash
    Average? Yes. Terrible? No. Sexy? Definitely not, but it's definitely better than what we threw out there this season.

Duda was a negative asset(-1.1 WAR) and was consistently poor on the bases and on defense. Baxter could easily put up a 2-3 WAR imo, he was a sneaky good player last year.

Ludwick is a legit power threat(.373 wOBA, .256 ISO, 133 wRC+) that will help us immensely. He's probably a below average fielder out there at this point, but he won't kill you out there.

I don't think we've seen the best of Kirk Nieuwenhuis. Teams will do worse than him in CF, and I think he will make some adjustments to the league 2nd time around. He's going to be 25 for the majority of next season, so he has time to do it. Torres could be brought back cheap too if we want to platoon them.

Better defense will make our pitching even better, as run prevention is important too.
    sorry your post lost all credibility when you suggested Torres being brough back as a platoon. Literally anyone else on our roster and probably in AAA would be better than him.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast