Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    OH MY GOD THAT IS NOT EVEN A REASONABLE OFFER FOR MYERS AND GORDON!!

Niese, Gee, and Mazzoni wouldn't be enough to get Myers ALONE!!! Then you add in Gordon, a proven consistant .290-.300 hitter with power and speed.

Stop embarrassing mets fans with these ridiculous proposals. Really, that wouldn't be close for Myers and Gordon.

STOP IT!

If you wanna talk a realistic trade......... Wheeler for Myers I would do and thats fair for both sides.
    You would realistically deal Niese AND Gee for one prospect with no MLB experience? That never happens dude. I know he's a great prospect and MLB ready, but that is crazy. The Royals get two cost controlled quality pitchers for years, and we'll be scrambling for pitching like so many teams in this league.

vCash
    OH MY GOD THAT IS NOT EVEN A REASONABLE OFFER FOR MYERS AND GORDON!!

Niese, Gee, and Mazzoni wouldn't be enough to get Myers ALONE!!! Then you add in Gordon, a proven consistant .290-.300 hitter with power and speed.

Stop embarrassing mets fans with these ridiculous proposals. Really, that wouldn't be close for Myers and Gordon.

STOP IT!

If you wanna talk a realistic trade......... Wheeler for Myers I would do and thats fair for both sides.

Niese, Gee (if healthy) and Mazzoni should absolutely get Myers.
    Quote Originally Posted by NYG+Braves
    Im a Braves fan and im scared to face Harvey way more then Strasburgh. Lol strasburgh dont scare me at all compared to Harvey.

vCash
    sorry your post lost all credibility when you suggested Torres being brough back as a platoon. Literally anyone else on our roster and probably in AAA would be better than him.
    Torres is a good defensive CF that can hit LHP pretty well. No one on our roster or AAA team can do that so....?

I'm far from a Torres fan, but in a bench role for cheap, you'd have to bring him back imo.

vCash
    I know everyone hates the words "Andres" and "Torres" in the same sentence but he had equal fWAR value to Juan Pierre last year who was very effective for the Phillies in the same platoon type role.

Torres is not a terrible bench player or 5th OF, what scares you is if he becomes our only option in CF (if Kirk under performs next year or Den Dekker fails in AAA again).

That's what we don't want and that's my main reasoning for not wanting him back.

But in context of being a 5th OF he is not a bad player.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-01-2012 at 12:04 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    7 yrs/175 million which is what he is asking for is too much money for a 4 fWAR player the last two years.
    Agree, though I don't think he'll get that much. There hasn't seemed to be much interest there from most teams, the Yankees are seemingly not interested, and the Red Sox may be interested only if the price is relatively cheap (Lary Lucchino yesterday said they wouldn't be handing out any 7 year contracts). Jim Bowden earlier predicted Hamilton would actually only get about 5/$115M.

That said, yeah the Mets might have to pass. I think it might be a mistake at this point to turn around and pay Hamilton any more than they just paid Wright. They seem to be making a big deal out of David getting the highest contract in team history, and making him captain. Turning around and showing even more appreciation for a guy like Hamilton might send the wrong message. Sure Hamilton at his best is better than Wright. But overall, over the course of a season, he's really not. You are just getting a complete overall package with Wright that you aren't getting there, and that has to affect his value.

But if the Red Sox were to pass, and the the top competition for the Rangers starts to come from teams like the Brewers and Mariners, maybe there's still a shot even setting a limit of not exceeding what we just paid Wright?

Point is, the Mets should be thinking big here. Maybe Hamilton isn't the guy. Maybe Justin Upton isn't the guy. But if they find the right guy to be that other cornerstone, there's no reason they should have to wait for 2014. They should have enough flexibility by now to move when the right opportunity is there. "Flexibility" is a word we've heard a lot the last couple of years, but "flexibility" needs to go both ways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    You would realistically deal Niese AND Gee for one prospect with no MLB experience? That never happens dude. I know he's a great prospect and MLB ready, but that is crazy. The Royals get two cost controlled quality pitchers for years, and we'll be scrambling for pitching like so many teams in this league.
    Gee is a dime a dozen starter. Nothing special at all.

Yes i would absolutely trade Niese and Gee for Myers and i'm sure Sandy would too. Problem is, KC wouldn't do that.

Before Mike Trout made his ML debut, are you saying you wouldn't have traded Niese and Gee for him simply because he had no ML experience? That's a pretty bad reason. What about Bryce Harper before he started a game? Most players who are projected to be stars this close to actually making it to the ML, usually become pretty good.

Gee can be replaced relatively easily and I'd definitely trade Niese for Myers. You're nuts if you wouldn't.

vCash
    I'm still holding to my word where I said the Mets will be contenders in 2014. A few right moves and we are right back in it.

vCash
    I wish we could get Jose back, move Tejada to 2B and make Murphy the first bat off the bench.
    Quote Originally Posted by NYG+Braves
    Im a Braves fan and im scared to face Harvey way more then Strasburgh. Lol strasburgh dont scare me at all compared to Harvey.

vCash

Yes i would absolutely trade Niese and Gee for Myers and i'm sure Sandy would too. Problem is, KC wouldn't do that.

Before Mike Trout made his ML debut, are you saying you wouldn't have traded Niese and Gee for him simply because he had no ML experience? That's a pretty bad reason. What about Bryce Harper before he started a game? Most players who are projected to be stars this close to actually making it to the ML, usually become pretty good.

Gee can be replaced relatively easily and I'd definitely trade Niese for Myers. You're nuts if you wouldn't.
    Gee is a dime a dozen starter? He wasn't highly touted by any means, but last year he had a 50% GB rate, a ton of swinging strikes, few walks, and was just a high quality #4 starter. Why do you think we collapsed so hard in the 2nd half? Gee was out and our rotation was in shambles until Harvey came up.

You are really comparing Myers to Trout and Harper?

Those two guys were generational prospects and they made their MLB debuts at 19 years old. They were the #1a and #1b best prospects in baseball, Myers isn't thought of like that and he is turning 22.

You think if the guy was that special that the Royals would even think about dealing him? His numbers in the PCL weren't amazing by any means, he just had great counting numbers.

Tell me this, is it easier to find a cost-controlled #2/#3 in Niese and a very good #4 in Gee, or an above average corner outfielder? Myers could very well become that, and his AAA numbers suggest that. No one is a guaranteed star, so we'll just have to find out.

Our rotation would be: Dickey, Santana, Harvey, (Pelfrey?), (Familia?)

Our biggest strength just became a huge question mark and possible weakness with a huge amount of pressure for Harvey and Wheeler to do well. Pitching is very hard to find.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 12-01-2012 at 12:15 AM.

vCash

Agree. We aren't talking about an unproven prospect here. We're talking a top 5 prospect in all of baseball, who has already mastered AAA at age 21. A guy likely to be an elite player. We're talking about a guy who would have a very real chance, in ten years time, of eclipsing David Wright as the best player in franchise history. For a #3 and #4 SP? Yes, please.

Unfortunately, I think the Royals might want one of Dickey, Wheeler, or Harvey included in that package. They want a top of rotation arm.

vCash

mike trout and bryce harper are rare but the have been others touted like them coming out of the minors 5 tool can't miss prospects does the name alex ochoa ring a bell so with niese proven and getting better and gee be steady when healthy and mazzoni power arm ok no brainer from both side

vCash
    Gee is a dime a dozen starter? He wasn't highly touted by any means, but last year he had a 50% GB rate, a ton of swinging strikes, few walks, and was just a high quality #4 starter. Why do you think we collapsed so hard in the 2nd half? Gee was out and our rotation was in shambles until Harvey came up.

You are really comparing Myers to Trout and Harper?

Those two guys were generational prospects and they made their MLB debuts at 19 years old. They were the #1a and #1b best prospects in baseball, Myers isn't thought of like that and he is turning 22.

You think if the guy was that special that the Royals would even think about dealing him? His numbers in the PCL weren't amazing by any means, he just had great counting numbers.

Tell me this, is it easier to find a cost-controlled #2/#3 in Niese and a very good #4 in Gee, or an above average corner outfielder? Myers could very well become that, and his AAA numbers suggest that. No one is a guaranteed star, so we'll just have to find out.

Our rotation would be: Dickey, Santana, Harvey, (Pelfrey?), (Familia?)

Our biggest strength just became a huge question mark and possible weakness with a huge amount of pressure for Harvey and Wheeler to do well. Pitching is very hard to find.
    dickey santana harvey wheeler and pelfrey or familia sounds ok to me

vCash
    List of the top hitter prospects going into each season since 2003. See a pattern? Most or all of the top hitting prospects before each season become good-great hitters.

Jurikson Profar
    Wil Myers

Mike Trout
    Bryce Harper

Mike Stanton

Matt Weiters
    Jason Heyward

Jay Bruce
    Evan Longoria

Alex Gordon
    Delmon Young

Delmon Young
    Justin Upton

Joe Mauer
    Delmon Young

Joe Mauer

Mark Teixeira
    Joe Mauer

Having no MLB experience is a TERRIBLE reason not to trade for someone. Niese and Gee for Wil Myers? Win for the Mets if that ever happened.... but it won't....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fifthangelkai View Post
    dickey santana harvey wheeler and pelfrey or familia sounds ok to me
    Yup. No guarantees there. And yes the rotation has been weakened. But the future lineup has clearly been strengthened. There's a real possibility by 2014 you will be winning that trade.

I think it's at least close enough to debate, which is what makes it at least somewhat realistic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by acerimusdux View Post
    Agree. We aren't talking about an unproven prospect here. We're talking a top 5 prospect in all of baseball, who has already mastered AAA at age 21. A guy likely to be an elite player. We're talking about a guy who would have a very real chance, in ten years time, of eclipsing David Wright as the best player in franchise history. For a #3 and #4 SP? Yes, please.

Unfortunately, I think the Royals might want one of Dickey, Wheeler, or Harvey included in that package. They want a top of rotation arm.
    smart man

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast