Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Carmichael Dave breaks it down for Kings fans...

Ill say this: I believe George Maloof wants out. I believe he's driving the bus. I believe they CAN'T say so. I believe the clock is ticking

The arena deal is on the table from the city STILL. It ain't happening. They (Ms) know this market is scorched. Doesn't matter where they go

Bottom line, I believe Sac is out of the picture. Seattle, VB, who knows. Eventually they will find a deal and take it.

The sliver of hope was the team having success.Ain't happening, and they can't fix it.The city and fans have done ALL they can and then some

IMO, the ONLY chance of keeping this team is banking on the Maloofs inability to close a deal elsewhere, for whatever reason.

If/when Va Beach collapses, bring in 3rd party mediation and hope for a miracle, because GM won't make a deal with KJ directly I believe.

There is absolutely zero we as fans can do now. I can't even believe IM saying this. It's crushing. They may be here this yr and next....

But at this point I'm treating this team like a dying relative. Enjoy the time we have left.Savor it.Doesn't MATTER why,just the inevitable.
    https://twitter.com/CarmichaelDave

Is anyone still holding false hope that this team will be in Sacramento long term? I know people here say the team won't move and all the relocation news is just BS rumors, but how can you actually think that?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    http://imgur.com/a/4UK1e <---- BEST 10-15 SECONDS EVER

vCash
    I don't give a damn what Carmichael says, his opinion is based off what he thinks about the situation. Its not factual. When the Kings move, that's when I'll believe they're gone.

I agree with Carmichael with the fact that George Maloof is trying hard to move, but so far its been nothing but rumors.

When the NBA owners vote for the relocation, NBA approves, and the Kings come out and say we're moving then I believe it.

vCash
    I don't get why Stern can't/won't force a sale. The Maloofs are going to move to a smaller market just to avoid upfront costs. They are obviously in no position to own a team...
    2013 Adopt-a-Packer: Aaron Rodgers

vCash
    Because this is America. You can't force someone to sell just because you don't agree with what they are doing.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekRE_3:24528063
    Because this is America. You can't force someone to sell just because you don't agree with what they are doing.
    what are you talking about?? MLB??.Dodgers?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sactown View Post
    what are you talking about?? MLB??.Dodgers?
    Different situation. McCourt wasn't able to make payroll. Maloofs are still solvent (for now) and haven't broken any rules.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekRE_3 View Post
    There are plenty of sanctions for a sale to be forced, and it has happened in sports before. They arent an individual entity, they have to answer to even bigger business. BUT do they WANT to get THAT involved?

vCash
    Stern himself has said he can't force a sale. They can make things uncomfortable for the Maloofs. That's it. Besides, if they are sold, it is likely the buyer would be moving them anyways.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    George Magoof is driving the short bus. He always ****s everything up. Never involved in this team until it comes down to an important decision. Never at the games or any event, and doesn't know **** about ****.

I believe there's still hope for us to stay. Anything can happen.

I don't think the Magoof's are going to be able to pull off a move. They don't have the money for it. It's going to take a lot of backing t move this team.

Although, I do believe there's still hope for this team to get a long-term deal done, I think we got one foot out the door. If the team moves, I think it's going to be sold and then moved.

vCash
    As upset I was a couple years ago about the thought of them leaving, I'm nowhere near that level. It's sad, but it's just inevitable.

We're not winning. We're showing no signs of improvement. We're not really doing anything. It's hard to care about a team like that.

vCash
    Yep. There is zero light at the end of the tunnel. Basketball in general used to be my favorite sport to watch, but it's way behind football and baseball now. Just don't have that lovin' feeling anymore...Mostly indifference.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    Oh, it's America? Thanks for that Remind me how that matters to Stern when considering the Spurs sanction.

I would think there would be something he or the group of owners could do. They still have the right to protect the interest of the league. Moving a team from Sacramento to Virginia Beach is obviously not to the benefit of the NBA. I'd argue it hurts it.

That said, if they have to move, at least Virginia Beach is way closer to me. I might actually be able to go to a home game.
    Last edited by JLynn943; 12-02-2012 at 03:02 AM.
    2013 Adopt-a-Packer: Aaron Rodgers

vCash
    Stern himself has said he can't force a sale. They can make things uncomfortable for the Maloofs. That's it. Besides, if they are sold, it is likely the buyer would be moving them anyways.
    Hopefully Webber was dead serious about putting a team together to buy the Kings if it meant keeping them in Sacramento. Charles Barkley said he would definitely be apart of that... That would be best case scenario for the Kings organization!

vCash
    I don't know man Webber couldn't even run a sorts bar in this town. I don't know how much of that is on him though.

If he could be the figure head for a group with some real backing who know where it could lead.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy West View Post
    I don't know man Webber couldn't even run a sorts bar in this town. I don't know how much of that is on him though.

If he could be the figure head for a group with some real backing who know where it could lead.
    It wouldn't be just Webber. It would be in the same capacity as Magic Johnson with the LA Dodgers... well, probably a little more involved because of his involvement with the Kings.

Hell, get a group assembled and make the Maloofs an offer that they would have to think about... Although, George would probably want to take the money and run I highly doubt Joe and Gavin want to sell.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast