Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Let's fire the scouts instead of always wanting to fire the coach(s)

I'm pissed that the Kings seem to have gotten it wrong again with another lottery pick.

Harrison Barnes & Klay Thompson is looking good in GS, while Jimmer & Robinson are still trying to find playing time.

ahhh... the good ole days

watch 4free here http://firstrownow.eu

vCash
    That statement is complete as$... Fire the scouts? Petrie has the last word when it comes to evaluating talent, so you're saying fire him. And if you are saying fire Petrie, then who would assume the roll of the GM?

Jimmer has been playing very well this season, probably the most consistent. The issue is Smart isn't playing him for whatever reason. Scouts don't decide who gets playing time! Also, its way to damn early to pass judgment on Robinson. Smart has chosen to play Hayes over him most nights... once again SCOUTS don't decide who get playing time.

Fire the scouts...

vCash
    I have a feeling Petrie is out this this year unless he makes some sort of awesome trade.

vCash
    Think about it. The Kings spend the bare minimum on coaches. They hired Westphal largely because he was one of the cheapest options available. I like Smart, but he was a cheap option as well as a former interim head coach. They probably skimp on scouts too. This is just a cheap, pathetic organization and we shouldn't expect anything.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekRE_3 View Post
    Think about it. The Kings spend the bare minimum on coaches. They hired Westphal largely because he was one of the cheapest options available. I like Smart, but he was a cheap option as well as a former interim head coach. They probably skimp on scouts too. This is just a cheap, pathetic organization and we shouldn't expect anything.
    Pretty much.

Sometimes I hope they sell, even if it means them relocating, just so we have some real owners.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZebraCity916 View Post
    Pretty much.

Sometimes I hope they sell, even if it means them relocating, just so we have some real owners.
    If they relocate, we can no longer refer to the kings as 'we.' "We" is an identity. We lose that identity when the Kings are out of Sacramento.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    If they relocate, we can no longer refer to the kings as 'we.' "We" is an identity. We lose that identity when the Kings are out of Sacramento.
    I say "we" and I live in eastern PA...

It's an emotional investment rather than a geographic convenience that makes someone a fan to me. I may not be able to go to home games, but I still watch every game that I can and can know just as much about the team from where I am.
    2014 Adopt-a-Packer: Micah Hyde

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JLynn943 View Post
    I say "we" and I live in eastern PA...

It's an emotional investment rather than a geographic convenience that makes someone a fan to me. I may not be able to go to home games, but I still watch every game that I can and can know just as much about the team from where I am.
    Well it's the fact that we grew up rooting for the Sacramento Kings. I certainly understand what you're saying bout the geographical thing since i root for teams that aren't close to me as well. But, we are sacramento kings fans.

Maybe im not making sense
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    There's no "we" as long as the Maloofs own the team. The only thing I root for is that the players I like on the Kings get traded to a real team.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    Well it's the fact that we grew up rooting for the Sacramento Kings. I certainly understand what you're saying bout the geographical thing since i root for teams that aren't close to me as well. But, we are sacramento kings fans.

Maybe im not making sense
    It's cool. I don't quite get the difference lol, but I figured you understand seeing as you're a Colts fan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JLynn943 View Post
    It's cool. I don't quite get the difference lol, but I figured you understand seeing as you're a Colts fan.
    It just wouldn't be the same if they were known as the Virginia Beach Kings.

<3

vCash
    "We" as fans of the team. Not "we" as Kings. None of u are part of the organization.

vCash
    If the Magoof's move to Virginia Beach, I will find another team to root for.

The only reason I root for the Kings still is cause they're still in Sac. If they move and are still run by the Magoof's, I'm gonna find a new team.

vCash
    I have been on the fire Petrie bandwagon for awhile. He is living off his glory years and people keep talking like he is a good GM. The only good trade he has made in awhile is Landry for Thorton and he traded Martin to get Landry. Considering where he was drafting I think his last 2 drafts have been poor. If we polled everyone on this forum who their first round picks the last 2 seasons were I am betting its better than Petrie's. I had Knight and Barnes and I would not of made the Udrih for Salmons trade and I heard some people on here who wanted Lilliard. I would still rather have Beno than Salmons. I am glad he got Isiah but Isiah was talked about by a lot of people on this forum pre draft and when it comes down to it we are getting excited about a reserve quality player when our last 4 first round picks should of been franchise quality players.

vCash
    Ah, yeah, I get it. It would be different if I grew up with them in my city and then they left versus for me where they've been thousands of miles away the whole time anyway. I'd still much rather them stay in Sac regardless. Even though VA Beach is way closer, I'm a Sacramento Kings fan, not a VA Beach Kings fan. I've wanted to come out to California for a game for so long, and I'd like to still have that opportunity.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast