Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    Yeah, and I'll admit that. I'm not gonna make some list that's exclusively rap and say that these artists/albums are the best in all of music. That's just ignorant. That's like saying Texas is the best state when you haven't even been anywhere else.
    You're being ridiculous. He never stated he knows all of the music this year or has heard it all. No one that has posted lists have. But you pick on one person for having all Hip-Hop. Your post was just in anger because it wasn't diverse enough for you.

If it's all someone listens to, then it's probably what the list will consist of. My list will consist of all rap and I won't be talking about how my list is the list to end all lists.

Your list would consist of a pretty strong portion of one or two genres, like you admitted... just like his. You're actually telling me you'd post a disclaimer, warning "I haven't heard everything this year... JUST A FYI!"?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    Yeah, and I'll admit that. I'm not gonna make some list that's exclusively rap and say that these artists/albums are the best in all of music. That's just ignorant. That's like saying Texas is the best state when you haven't even been anywhere else.
    But music taste is all subjective, so you really don't have any place to say that his choice wasn't the best in all music, because for it them it may very well be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    You're being ridiculous. He never stated he knows all of the music this year or has heard it all. No one that has posted lists have. But you pick on one person for having all Hip-Hop. Your post was just in anger because it wasn't diverse enough for you.

If it's all someone listens to, then it's probably what the list will consist of. My list will consist of all rap and I won't be talking about how my list is the list to end all lists.

Your list would consist of a pretty strong portion of one or two genres, like you admitted... just like his. You're actually telling me you'd post a disclaimer, warning "I haven't heard everything this year... JUST A FYI!"?
    I understand where you're coming from, but I don't think I'm being ridiculous. My point is simply that a list consisting entirely of X genre should be called "best of X", not "best of XYZ". If that makes any sense.

vCash
    My fault fellas, shouldve just put Hip Hop in the thread title.

vCash
    Top 3 Albums of the Year:
    1. Alt-J - An Awesome Wave
    2. Kendrick Lamar - good kid, mAAd city
    3. Frank Ocean - channel ORANGE

vCash

Thank You. I mainly listen to hip hop. Out of new music I don't listen to the new types of rock, metal core or whatever its called. Some of my friends listen to that but I don't have an opinion enough to comment on it. R&B isn't what it used to be and I haven't listened to Frank Ocean or Weeknd's albums. I like reggae too, but I havent heard a full album ive liked since Serani in 2009. And pop music is just that. Rihannas the only one I don't find annoying and I havent listened to her albums beginning to end either.

So sorry if that guy doesn't think its "diverse" but Ive been listening to rap since 1995. And I actually have a wide variety in taste in the genre.

Red Sox

Celtics
    TOP 3 PICK
    Patriots

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redskins10 View Post
    Channel Orange.. Album of the year.

That is all.
    Beat me to it. I loved GKMC but I can't stop listening to Channel Orange.

vCash
    Channel Orange = AOTY

vCash
    I didn't like Channel Orange as much as I hoped. It's got some good songs, but as a whole it was a let down to me. Nostalgia.Ultra was way better.

vCash
    Best Guest Verse has to go to 3 stacks. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RipUynaZDP0

vCash
    Best feature of the year is pretty clearly Jay Rock on Money Trees.

vCash
    Best feature of the year is pretty clearly Jay Rock on Money Trees.
    Yea I thought of this thread when it came on in my car today.

vCash
    Same!

vCash
    Best album was Van Halens new album... I forgot the name of it.

vCash
    albums

1. Killer Mike - R.A.P. Music
    2. OC & Apollo Brown - Trophies
    3. Kendrick Lamar - GKMC
    4. Guilty Simpson & Apollo Brown - Dice Game
    5. El-P - cancer4cure
    6. Epidemic - Monochrome Skies
    7. Schoolboy Q - Habits and Contradictions
    8. Roc Marciano - Reloaded
    9. Nas - Life is Good
    10. Planet Asia - Black Belt Theatre / ab-soul - Control System / Sean Price - Mic Tyson / Alchemist - Russian Roulette / Doppelgangaz - Beats for Brothels / Wu-Block / Beneficence - Concrete Soul / Purpose & Confidence - The Purpose of Confidence

producers

1. Apollo Brown
    2. El-P
    3. Alchemist
    4. Harry Fraud
    5. Blue Sky Black Death

mixtapes

1. Mayhem Lauren - Respect the Fly ****
    2. Joey Badass - 1999
    3. Action Bronson & Party Supplies - Blue Chips
    4. Mayhem Lauren - Mandatory Brunch
    5. Action Bronson & Alchemist - Rare Chandeliers
    6. Freddie Gibbs - Baby Face Killa
    7. Curren$y & Harry Fraud - Cigarette Boats
    8. Big KRIT - 4eva n a Day
    9. Nacho Picasso & Blue Sky Black Death - Lord of the Fly
    10. Domo Genesis & Alchemist - No Idols
    Last edited by The Ooh Child; 12-18-2012 at 01:31 PM. Reason: ninja edited the 10 spot due to too many options being available. top 9 is the gospel though

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast