Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Listed heights and weights bear little resemblance to actual sizes.

vCash
    [QUOTE]Sources indicated that the Cubs are not after Michael Bourn, whose options could be shrinking now that Angel Pagan (San Francisco Giants) and B.J. Upton (Atlanta Braves) have signed for a combined $115 million. With players coming off the board, the Cubs could be in position this week to sign their outfielder, possibly someone to play right because David DeJesus can shift to center.

[/QUOTE ]

linkage

vCash
    It might be desperation speaking, most likely it is, but I'm starting to warm up to Bourne. Still not sure how I would feel if it actually happened because he's not a player I've seen enough to really have a good feel for.

vCash
    All this Bourn stuff is smoke and mirrors to see what the Reds would do, whether we drive up the price or they panic and overpay or trade someone that could hurt them. If we really wanted a player like this, I think the FO would sign Ichiro to a 1 year or 2 year deal first before spending 80m on Bourn.

The nice part would be if the same thing happens to Bourn that happened to EJax last year. Get him on a one year deal, except flip him at the deadline.

vCash
    I want no part of DeJesus in CF all year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by excillon View Post
    All this Bourn stuff is smoke and mirrors to see what the Reds would do, whether we drive up the price or they panic and overpay or trade someone that could hurt them. If we really wanted a player like this, I think the FO would sign Ichiro to a 1 year or 2 year deal first before spending 80m on Bourn.

The nice part would be if the same thing happens to Bourn that happened to EJax last year. Get him on a one year deal, except flip him at the deadline.
    Ichiro can't play CF anymore, and his best skills are way on the decline.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Milnertime View Post
    Ichiro can't play CF anymore, and his best skills are way on the decline.
    I meant shift DD and sign Ichiro.

It looked like his skills were in decline, then he went to NY. I really think he was just bored and sick of losing in Seattle.

Besides, he'd have an entire league of pitchers with minimal experience against him. It could be 2001 all over again! Maybe not, but it would be fun, he'd get a ton of japanese press, and maybe help us get more into the NPB market. I'd totally buy an Ichiro jersey to go with the Seattle one, which is the only non Orioles or Cubs jersey I own.

vCash

It looked like his skills were in decline, then he went to NY. I really think he was just bored and sick of losing in Seattle.

Besides, he'd have an entire league of pitchers with minimal experience against him. It could be 2001 all over again! Maybe not, but it would be fun, he'd get a ton of japanese press, and maybe help us get more into the NPB market. I'd totally buy an Ichiro jersey to go with the Seattle one, which is the only non Orioles or Cubs jersey I own.
    David DeJesus can't play CF, either, really.

vCash

Problem is he would be losing in Chicago too.

vCash
    Yeah... I don't like this idea. Not worth handing out a big contract to a guy who's only talent is speed. Not to mention our team will be trash for the next few years.

I do like the idea of Ichiro. Not that he'd ever come here. He wants a chance to win while he can.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sbrownies View Post
    Yeah... I don't like this idea. Not worth handing out a big contract to a guy who's only talent is speed. Not to mention our team will be trash for the next few years.

I do like the idea of Ichiro. Not that he'd ever come here. He wants a chance to win while he can.
    whose*

vCash
    100 Mil-dough for Bourn?

Hell no.

Take me back to the Forest

vCash
    He's not gonna get that much.

He's basically as close as we can get to a Kenny Lofton. If we could get him for 4/50-60 I say **** yes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    He's not gonna get that much.

He's basically as close as we can get to a Kenny Lofton. If we could get him for 4/50-60 I say **** yes.
    Kenny Lofton knew how to draw more walks and has more pop in his bat.

I'd compare him offensively to Juan Pierre and Lofton in the field.
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsbears1225 View Post
    Kenny Lofton knew how to draw more walks and has more pop in his bat.

I'd compare him offensively to Juan Pierre and Lofton in the field.
    If we can get bourn for a real contract one similar to Victorino 13 mill a year for four years I'm all over that. However I don't think it's likely.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! I love it when a plan comes together - John Hannibal Smith.

"I hear STUPID People...When? Alllll theee timmme"

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast