Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Milnertime View Post
    Kenny Lofton stayed pretty healthy and fast, too.

I think Cubs fans might be gun shy because of Soriano, but Sori's a big guy who anyone with a brain knew wouldn't maintain his speed. Bourn is small and hasn't lost a step at all. I think there's a good chance he keeps his elite speed through a 6 year deal. Not that I want a 6 year deal...
    Pierre, Lofton and Matt Lawton as well. These guys are great to have on your team as a leadoff man for years but not worth $100 million.

vCash
    Not worth $100 million.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsBullsBucs View Post
    Pierre, Lofton and Matt Lawton as well. These guys are great to have on your team as a leadoff man for years but not worth $100 million.
    Well to Pierre's credit, he hasn't lost his legs now through his early 30's. His flaws have literally stayed the same.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    bourn is what. A younger Pierre, who doesn't have a noodle arm, better defensively, and higher OBP and a miniscule amoune of power (which Pierre has none). I'd be ok with a 5 year commitment if it was around or under 70.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Milnertime View Post
    Kenny Lofton stayed pretty healthy and fast, too.

I think Cubs fans might be gun shy because of Soriano, but Sori's a big guy who anyone with a brain knew wouldn't maintain his speed. Bourn is small and hasn't lost a step at all. I think there's a good chance he keeps his elite speed through a 6 year deal. Not that I want a 6 year deal...
    Sori is not that much bigger than Bourn ?? Bourn is what 6'0 180 and Sori is 6'1 195.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    People have been talking about this, so it isn't anything new, but I saw on MLBTR that Buster tweeted this last night:

Philly continues to go hard on Angel Pagan; Giants look to be short right now on how much they're offering annually, in a four-year deal.
    As gocubs said yesterday, the Giants would probably be favorites for Victorino in that situation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    Sori is not that much bigger than Bourn ?? Bourn is what 6'0 180 and Sori is 6'1 195.
    Different builds.

vCash
    I think Bourn would be fine for 4 or 5 years. He will play all next year at 30. So a 5 year deal has him playing at 30 thru 34. I think he will still be as effective as he currently is. The question I have would be at this level is he worth $15M a year. I guess $15M doesn't get you what it used to.

vCash
    There always a suprise team, but it seems not alot of teams are going to want to give Boras/Bourn 100mil and Phills/Giants are looking at Pagan/Victorino. So Bourn could be had. I know our FO is smart not to compete against themselves so hopefully if do sign Bourn its for 5yrs 75-85mill.
    The Best Wrestler in the World.... Go Cubs!!!

vCash
    rather than spend big on bourne how about a buy low on brett gardner he was injured a lot last year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Different builds.
    Yeah exactly sori is a taller slender player and bourn is a little shorter but more stocky...how is Sori a bigger player?

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    Yeah exactly sori is a taller slender player and bourn is a little shorter but more stocky...how is Sori a bigger player?
    Sori has the strongest wrists in MLB (if not him, then Pujols). The ball explodes off the bat when he flips his wrists.

He's also very wiry, and he sort of coils himself up before he swings.

Different build. If a big boy like Dunn had Sori's athletic ability he could hit the ball a country mile.

"But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it."

- Romans 8:25

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Sori has the strongest wrists in MLB (if not him, then Pujols). The ball explodes off the bat when he flips his wrists.

He's also very wiry, and he sort of coils himself up before he swings.

Different build. If a big boy like Dunn had Sori's athletic ability he could hit the ball a country mile.
    That's my point how is he a bigger player???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by abe32 View Post
    that's my point how is he a bigger player???
    edit: Nm. In his original post he claimed Soriano was a bigger player.

His probably originally meant something like about Soriano's play style vs. his actual physical appearance.

Context is always helpful.
    Last edited by Crusader; 12-02-2012 at 08:21 PM.

"But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it."

- Romans 8:25

vCash
    Has there been anything about Bourn to Milwaukee? That would make a lot of sense.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast