Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I agree with most people on here. I'd rather give Hamilton or grienke 5 years 100 million than bournEEEE 5 years years at 70 mil.

vCash
    Like i said if phillies sign pagan the giant are not going to overpay. The braves and nats would have but too late. A nice cf will fall into our laps.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Bruce Levine is talking about Bourn on Talkin' Baseball right now.

EDIT: Nothing new.
    Last edited by Yagyu+; 12-01-2012 at 11:56 AM.

vCash
    I would be comfortable giving Bourn 5 years and $85 million-ish.

vCash
    Cubs wont pay 100 million for Bourn. They are probably keeping an eye on this and hoping that Pagan signs with Phillies and Victorino goes to Giants. If these moves happen they probably get into bidding on a 4 or 5 year deal and hope that gets it done.

vCash
    I'll post what I posted over on Brett's article
    http://www.bleachernation.com/2012/1...-bourns-agent/

As soon as he said Boras, it clicked.
    “Scott Boras”. I think you nailed it right there Brett. You all remember last year the story that was circulating about Prince Fielder? “Fielder really likes the Cubs, Fielder wants to play for the Cubs”. I can’t believe I fell for that trick again. I seriously thought for a second we were actually after Bourn. It’s the oldest trick in the book, it’s the car salesman “I’m your friend trick”. Now I don’t even believe the story not even for a second. Thanks for the reality check there Brett.
    In other words, Boras leaked this in order to get more for himself. Nothing more. Chance of it happening, 0%.

vCash
    I actually think we have a pretty decent shot at him. The Phillies are going after Pagan pretty hard, Victorino would then go to the Giants. What market for Bourn is left? Not much of one if any.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    I actually think we have a pretty decent shot at him. The Phillies are going after Pagan pretty hard, Victorino would then go to the Giants. What market for Bourn is left? Not much of one if any.
    Yeah that's interesting. Boras usually still finds a way though; there didn't seem to be much of a market for Fielder.

If we do get Bourn, I would think there would be more of an urgency to get a guy like Marcum/McCarthy?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A New Era View Post
    I'll post what I posted over on Brett's article
    http://www.bleachernation.com/2012/1...-bourns-agent/

As soon as he said Boras, it clicked.

In other words, Boras leaked this in order to get more for himself. Nothing more. Chance of it happening, 0%.
    Prince did want to play for the Cubs last year. I can say that with a good deal of certainty.

vCash
    Bourn @ anything more than 5 yrs 65 mil is just not worth, great speed and D, but one leg injury on cold April day and he is done. This has all the feeling of a Juan Pierre deal. Hamilton @ 5 yrs 100 mil makes more sense, without a NTC and with language that if he gets back on the sauce the deal is void. The players union will hate it but it is what it is.

vCash
    I really don't like bourn on a long term deal.
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gaughan333 View Post
    I really don't like bourn on a long term deal.
    If we are talking at Upton money I want nothing to do with Bourn at all. It makes no sense whatsoever. He would be a better fit than Pagan but neither one of those guys would make me smile unless the deal is perfect for the CUBS. 3 year 33 million... Nothing more IMO! I'd rather go out and sign Sizemore and hope to get 100+ games out of him for peanuts.

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    I think bourn gets at least BJ $
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gaughan333 View Post
    I think bourn gets at least BJ $
    Agreed I just hope like hell it's not from us!

vCash
    I think Bourn is being really underrated in here. Just because he doesn't have 30 HR potential, does not mean that he is not a valuable asset. He fits in line almost exactly with what the organization is trying to do. Bourn would continue the trend of taking pitches, stealing bases, and working counts. Not to mention him being very good in CF.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast