Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

The Washington Redskins Will Host Reddit AMA Series

The Redskins might have taken the Cowboys in last Thursday’s game, but how will they fare against an army of Internet fans?

They’re about to find out — the Redskins will conduct a series of Reddit AMA interview sessions, making them the first NFL team to work with Reddit.

The team has three players lined up so far. Linebacker Ryan Kerrigan will kick off the AMA series Tuesday at 4:00 p.m. EST. Running back Alfred Morris will host Dec. 6, and then Lorenzo Alexander on Dec. 12. (Both of those dates are subject to the football schedule-related changes, however.)

“The Redskins are excited to be the first team in the NFL to work with Reddit. Strategically aligning with Reddit allows the Redskins to continue to be at the forefront of social media fan engagement,” says Shripal Shah, Redskins senior vice president and chief strategy officer.

Reddit AMA sessions have seen the likes of comedians, directors and everyday people who’ve experienced something truly unique. During the election season, the POTUS hosted a Reddit AMA as part of his campaign.

Reddit co-founder Alexis Ohanian tells Mashable that this special round of AMA interviews will stretch across a range of subreddits, including r/IAmA, r/NFL, and r/redskins.

“I’m going to do my best to not fanboy…too much,” says Ohanian, a self-proclaimed diehard Redskins fan.

Ohanian hopes that the Redskins are the first of many teams that start using Reddit.

“So many NFL teams — and television series, brands, and political campaigns — have active subreddits that they’re not tapping into. The subreddits are created and maintained by super devoted fans — by engaging the subreddits, the teams could be directly connecting with some of their biggest advocates and evangelists,” says Ohanian.

The Redskins subreddit — or the “Washington REDditSKINS”– has nearly 3,000 active users. Questions for players will likely not just be about plays on the field or football, and the Redskins say that Kerrigan is up for anything.
    Link: http://mashable.com/2012/11/29/redskins-reddit-ama/
    You Too Can Achieve This When You Visit The Fitness Forum!

vCash
    I wish Kerrigan would have participated a bit longer. But i'm proud my team is the first to use Reddit.