Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 35 of 67 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    I'm already seeing people on my facebook talk about how we need better gun control. taking advantage of a sad situation to try to further their political views on guns. disgusting.
    I agree. That's why I got into the argument on twitter. I won by a longshot.

vCash
    BG, if you don't mind me asking, what are your views on guns?

vCash
    I don't mind at all. I support the 2nd Amendment 100%.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy951 View Post
    I don't mind at all. I support the 2nd Amendment 100%.
    thats how I feel. I hate when people are like "look at Britain or Japan and look at America" because there are far less people killed by guns there. but what they also don't say is how many illegal guns are smuggled into america compared to those country's. or that we were given a constitutional right to own guns by our forefathers.

drugs are illegal, and you can still buy them at any street corner. just like guns.

look at cities in America that have tough gun laws, and see how much "safer" they all are. like Chicago.

vCash
    Exactly. They have to remember, correlation does not imply causation. Stats don't mean **** if there are other factors involved, and there are other factors present.

Someone tweeted me "Well just because people can buy things in the black market doesn't mean there should be no effort done by the government!" and "That's one of the flaws in politicians' mindset nowadays."

I never said the government should stand pat. In fact, I think they should do something. But gun prohibition is not the answer.

Like I said, criminals buy guns from the black market because they're unregistered and untraceable. Guns are being smuggled across borders which add to the amount of guns in the black market. Thinking in simple economics, more supply = lower cost. That means the more guns are smuggled into the U.S., the likelier it is that guns will end up in criminals' hands.

Protecting the border from these activities should be the #1 priority in addressing this issue. Taking the right to bear arms to defend ourselves from those criminals is NOT the answer.

vCash

|MY GFX GALLERY|
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Then-Most View Post
    I am a twilight fan girl

vCash
    Exactly. They have to remember, correlation does not imply causation. Stats don't mean **** if there are other factors involved, and there are other factors present.

Someone tweeted me "Well just because people can buy things in the black market doesn't mean there should be no effort done by the government!" and "That's one of the flaws in politicians' mindset nowadays."

I never said the government should stand pat. In fact, I think they should do something. But gun prohibition is not the answer.

Like I said, criminals buy guns from the black market because they're unregistered and untraceable. Guns are being smuggled across borders which add to the amount of guns in the black market. Thinking in simple economics, more supply = lower cost. That means the more guns are smuggled into the U.S., the likelier it is that guns will end up in criminals' hands.

Protecting the border from these activities should be the #1 priority in addressing this issue. Taking the right to bear arms to defend ourselves from those criminals is NOT the answer.

I agree that we should do more to defend the boarders and block these illegal guns from coming here, because people who get them will not use them for good.

natepro's really getting on my nerves. I tried not talking about gun control in the GD thread but he's getting me frustrated.

vCash
    That stat tends to be skewed since most of the people who commit mass murder turn the guns on themselves when they're done, so they don't give a **** if the gun is legal or illegal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behnke2017 View Post
    I don't get they map they have. Ohio's gun laws are not strict at all, but it has them on the lower end of deaths by guns.

and with Illinois, they didn't point out Chicago, who has really strict gun laws, and is also one of the most dangerous cities in America.

vCash
    That stat tends to be skewed since most of the people who commit mass murder turn the guns on themselves when they're done, so they don't give a **** if the gun is legal or illegal.
    if they truley can't get a gun, they'll use something else. burn the building down, a bomb, a car. something.

vCash
    Exactly. And even making guns illegal doesn't mean they won't be able to get a gun in general.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    I don't get they map they have. Ohio's gun laws are not strict at all, but it has them on the lower end of deaths by guns.

and with Illinois, they didn't point out Chicago, who has really strict gun laws, and is also one of the most dangerous cities in America.
    Yeah. Connecticut is also one of the lower end states and has whatever gun law they're trying to illustrate with the lines. They didn't put much research into any of this before they posted it.

|MY GFX GALLERY|
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Then-Most View Post
    I am a twilight fan girl

vCash
    I cant believe some of you guys are saying youd teach your kids how to use a gun, access to weapons is what lead to this. I really dont know where I stand on the view of guns since i live in Canada and guns arent allowed here, but the thought of them being around the city and being legal is crazy.

vCash
    I will teach my son like my father tought me. And fyi when I was on the other side of the law I knew people shipping 100+ handguns a day up to Vancouver, BC. So Sir and I promiss you that your city is filled with them, the only problem is that the good people are the ones without them...

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

Page 35 of 67 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast