Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 34 of 67 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 496 to 510 of 1004
  1. #496
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Posts
    12,026
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ********** View Post
    I'm not really into guns or against people having them but other than for hunting and recreational shooting at ranges why do we need them? I know people feel safer with them but if you limit the use and amount of guns manufactured to hunting and recreation at ranges, you can greatly reduce **** like this happening. The amount of rounds some of these guys have are ridiculous. You can't really do a mass shooting with a hunting rifle. Sure you can kill a couple people but it's not going to be 10-20+ like some of these have been.
    Yes it will make it a little bit harder to find a semi automatic rife but I can guarantee you that if outlaws want to get one they will. I know this because I was once one. Trust me if you outlaw guns only outlaws will have them. And yes hunting guns could do this much damage if you know how to use it.

    New York Yankees

    Dallas Mavericks

    New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida


  2. #497
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New York/Florida
    Posts
    28,115
    vCash
    1500
    From Fox news:

    Connecticut authorities identified Ryan Lanza, 20, as the gunman who opened fire inside a Newtown elementary school, killing at least 26 including 18 kids.

    The kid went to school and shot his mother who was a teacher, then proceeded to shoot all the kids in her class.
    You Too Can Achieve This When You Visit The Fitness Forum!

  3. #498
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Inland Empire
    Posts
    17,156
    vCash
    1500
    Nope, I just had this argument on twitter. Criminals buy their guns from the black market because they are untraceable. Gun Control and even prohibition will result in nothing but increased violence to get the guns that are in the black market. Guns don't kill people. People kill people, and if it's their goal to kill people, guns are only one of the many things they can use to make it happen.

  4. #499
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Posts
    12,026
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy951 View Post
    Sounds like a decent idea, but I wouldn't trust the teacher so much either. Nor would I trust other children having even the slightest access to a gun where my children go to school.
    I hear ya but these kids never had a fking chance not one Damn chance to survive this, they were prolly all huddled in the corner as he blasted away. If the teachers had some kind of access to protection they could have atleast had a chance to survive. Maybe they need looked doors with bullet proof Windows Idk. All I know is I would want my son to have some kind of chance to survive in a situation like that.


    When my son starts first grade he will learn (if he wants to) how to properly clean, disassemble, assemble and all safety precautions with guns as I did when I was that age.

    New York Yankees

    Dallas Mavericks

    New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida


  5. #500
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Inland Empire
    Posts
    17,156
    vCash
    1500
    I agree on that.

    And yeah, I will teach my children how to handle one, but I won't provide them with one until they're of legal age for both rifles/shotguns and handguns.

  6. #501
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Posts
    12,026
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy951 View Post
    Nope, I just had this argument on twitter. Criminals buy their guns from the black market because they are untraceable. Gun Control and even prohibition will result in nothing but increased violence to get the guns that are in the black market. Guns don't kill people. People kill people, and if it's their goal to kill people, guns are only one of the many things they can use to make it happen.
    This is so true. I knew people that would get handguns down here then ship them up to Canada.

    New York Yankees

    Dallas Mavericks

    New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida


  7. #502
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Posts
    12,026
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy951 View Post
    I agree on that.

    And yeah, I will teach my children how to handle one, but I won't provide them with one until they're of legal age for both rifles/shotguns and handguns.
    100% agree. my son will not have a gun of his own until legal to do so.
    Last edited by Thumper 88; 12-14-2012 at 03:02 PM.

    New York Yankees

    Dallas Mavericks

    New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida


  8. #503
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    America
    Posts
    24,745
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy951 View Post
    I never thought about ever sending my future kids to private school, but these things that keep happening more often than ever (mostly in public schools) are making me seriously consider it.
    up until college, I've attended private school my entire life.
    **********

  9. #504
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    America
    Posts
    24,745
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 88 View Post
    Yes it will make it a little bit harder to find a semi automatic rife but I can guarantee you that if outlaws want to get one they will. I know this because I was once one. Trust me if you outlaw guns only outlaws will have them. And yes hunting guns could do this much damage if you know how to use it.
    people smuggle illegal guns into this country everyday. drugs are illegal, and you can still get them at any street corner. same goes with gun.


    hopefully within the next year or 2 I'll get my carry and conceal license and pray to God I never have to use. however, I'd rather have it and never need it, then need it and not have it.

    I own a rifle, but not a handgun. still, break into my house and I won't think twice before me or my dad kills you. my locked door is for your safety, not mine.



    (as you can tell, I'm a big supporter of gun rights)
    **********

  10. #505
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Posts
    12,026
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    people smuggle illegal guns into this country everyday. drugs are illegal, and you can still get them at any street corner. same goes with gun.


    hopefully within the next year or 2 I'll get my carry and conceal license and pray to God I never have to use. however, I'd rather have it and never need it, then need it and not have it.

    I own a rifle, but not a handgun. still, break into my house and I won't think twice before me or my dad kills you. my locked door is for your safety, not mine.



    (as you can tell, I'm a big supporter of gun rights)
    THAT'S AWESOME BRO!!!

    I am a felon so I cannot be around them. Though I did find out in 2015 of October I can get my rights back. I will feel safer when that day comes.

    New York Yankees

    Dallas Mavericks

    New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida


  11. #506
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    America
    Posts
    24,745
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 88 View Post
    THAT'S AWESOME BRO!!!

    I am a felon so I cannot be around them. Though I did find out in 2015 of October I can get my rights back. I will feel safer when that day comes.
    I know it's goofy to think about that more guns can help with gun control, but I truly believe that's the case.

    City's that have the most strict gun laws always have the most crime. I actually think you should be allowed to on college campus's is you have a license. like my college for example (university of Cincinnati) is the 13th most dangerous campus, and part of the reason is because they know that college kids can't own guns.
    **********

  12. #507
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Inland Empire
    Posts
    17,156
    vCash
    1500
    Same at UCR. We're the 17th most dangerous nationwide. UCLA being 1st.

  13. #508
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Posts
    12,026
    vCash
    1500
    I keep putting myself in those fathers shoes.. they are standing at the fire hall waiting for their child but he's not coming, it brings tears to my eyes to even think about losing my son.

    New York Yankees

    Dallas Mavericks

    New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida


  14. #509
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Posts
    12,026
    vCash
    1500
    This is so sad...

    New York Yankees

    Dallas Mavericks

    New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida


  15. #510
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    America
    Posts
    24,745
    vCash
    1500
    I'm already seeing people on my facebook talk about how we need better gun control. taking advantage of a sad situation to try to further their political views on guns. disgusting.
    **********

Page 34 of 67 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •