Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Sheds....

vCash

Sheds....

Hey, so I'm thinking of getting my dad a shed for Christmas. The max I'm going to spend with my 3 sisters is I think about $800 or $900. I was looking at Lowe's and Home Depot so I was wondering if you guys have ever bought one from their and if you liked them? I want my dad to have space in the garage for his workshop. If you guys can help me out that'd be great! Thanks!
    Eastern Illinois Class of 2012'

vCash
    My mom bought a cheap plastic shed and it sucked. But it kept **** dry. If that's what you're looking for, any will pretty much do.
    I'm In.

vCash
    How about a shipping container? 10 ft x 8 ft. People turn them into houses. You could make a smaller one into an indestructable shed. Used ones are very inexpensive.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    since thats all you're looking to spend its probably your best bet. Id try to find one with a warranty. If the roof is shingled make sure that part is covered if their is a warranty. My parents bought one from a local company that makes them, but it was like 3 grand. They did have cheaoer ones. May want to find a place like that. Ghey usually always have warranties and are typically better built.

vCash
    Build one

vCash
    Depends on what you think your Dad will want to use it for, and what appearance you think he might like.

For wooden sheds, oth Lowes and Home Depot have some really nice models, and you can use them to deliver and construct it.

You also might need to prep the site, levelling, and potentially a small amount of grading to allow water to drain away from the structure. Crushed rock will also help with this.

How big are you looking to go?

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsfan56 View Post
    Depends on what you think your Dad will want to use it for, and what appearance you think he might like.

For wooden sheds, oth Lowes and Home Depot have some really nice models, and you can use them to deliver and construct it.

You also might need to prep the site, levelling, and potentially a small amount of grading to allow water to drain away from the structure. Crushed rock will also help with this.

How big are you looking to go?
    Those cost thousands. He doesn't want to spend more that $800-$900.

OP, honestly, you won't get much for that price.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    Those cost thousands. He doesn't want to spend more that $800-$900.

OP, honestly, you won't get much for that price.
    Oh. I understood them to mean three people were each putting in $800-900. In that case, it would be difficult to set up for and build a decent shed for that amount.

Dmac is offline Moderator Cullen Bohannon
    vCash
    I would check at Menards as well. I think there prices are cheaper than Home Depot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsfan56 View Post
    Oh. I understood them to mean three people were each putting in $800-900. In that case, it would be difficult to set up for and build a decent shed for that amount.
    Ah, I didn't think of that. I suppose we need some clarification.

You can get cheap plastic sheds for that price.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...&storeId=10051
    I'm In.