Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    vCash
    What do you guys think about this proposal?

Flores + Duda for Dexter Fowler

I recall rumors that the Rockies were interested in Wright if we had to trade him or if he became a FA. If they are looking for a 3B, Flores can help them out. Also Duda's power in Coors has to appeal to them.

Fowler makes a lot of sense for us as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradHolt4CYoung View Post

I recall rumors that the Rockies were interested in Wright if we had to trade him or if he became a FA. If they are looking for a 3B, Flores can help them out. Also Duda's power in Coors has to appeal to them.

Yes but they won't do it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rebuilding View Post
    So hes smooth and turns a good double play? In other words hes everything that murphy isn't defensively
    But his range is even worse than Murphy's. He's way too big and slow to play up the middle.

vCash
    Why would we trade someone who could hit? We were fine putting Lucas Duda in the outfield last year, anybody who can hit in our farm system shouldn't be moved when we have no corner outfielders.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanthree15 View Post
    Why would we trade someone who could hit? We were fine putting Lucas Duda in the outfield last year, anybody who can hit in our farm system shouldn't be moved when we have no corner outfielders.
    Use Flores as trade bait to find a major league OF who can hit.

That's the idea if they can't find another position besides 3rd base for him to play.

If he can be effective at 2nd then we keep him otherwise he is of no use to us besides as a trade option.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Use Flores as trade bait to find a major league OF who can hit.

That's the idea if they can't find another position besides 3rd base for him to play.

If he can be effective at 2nd then we keep him otherwise he is of no use to us besides as a trade option.
    If Flores was still projected to be a SS he could have been a major piece to get Upton.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    If Flores was still projected to be a SS he could have been a major piece to get Upton.
    I would love if he could make that transition to second.

He can certainly rake...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradHolt4CYoung View Post

Everyone seems pretty high on Fowler, but I am leery of him. He had a career year last year, but if you look at his away splits, his slash line is .262/.339/.381/.720. His stats for his whole career are inflated because of where he plays half his games. I hope we can pick up good major league ready CF in the Dickey trade, if one goes down.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dunbummin View Post
    Everyone seems pretty high on Fowler, but I am leery of him. He had a career year last year, but if you look at his away splits, his slash line is .262/.339/.381/.720. His stats for his whole career are inflated because of where he plays half his games. I hope we can pick up good major league ready CF in the Dickey trade, if one goes down.
    Product of Coor's field according to all the advanced statistics.

vCash
    No doubt.

I was thinking of Eric Young, but his career splits away from Coors are similarly skewed. Last year he hit pretty well away, but I'm not sure you can take it as a sign that he has learned to hit better. Small sample could be an aberration. But I might be inclined to make a Duda for Young trade.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    Hell, not even advanced statistics...he's clearly not the same player away from Coors.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    Hell, not even advanced statistics...he's clearly not the same player away from Coors.
    True but was just trying to support the overall point..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    But his range is even worse than Murphy's. He's way too big and slow to play up the middle.
    I don't think his range is worse. I think Murphy might well beat him in a 40-yard dash, but there is more to defensive range than straight line running speed.

I'll grant that Flores doesn't belong up the middle. But neither does Murphy. I don't think Flores would be worse, I think he'd be about the same.

vCash
    I would add Flores to a Dickey deal that could get the Mets Wil Myers (maybe with Ventura) or Travis d"Arnaud (maybe with D J Davis). I'm sure the Royals and Blue Jays would also have to add some younger prospects to the deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by acerimusdux View Post
    I don't think his range is worse. I think Murphy might well beat him in a 40-yard dash, but there is more to defensive range than straight line running speed.

I'll grant that Flores doesn't belong up the middle. But neither does Murphy. I don't think Flores would be worse, I think he'd be about the same.
    Maybe not now, but as he continues to age he surely will be worse.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast