Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota48 View Post
    It's not my ideal choice, but if Flores is a legitimate hitter, you make room for him. We're terribly short of hitters. Wright strikes me as being extremely athletic and with a great attitude. I could see him making the transition.
    Moves like these must be considered when it is appropriate to do so. I have no doubt that Wright would endorse it if he felt it would help the team.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Wright was arguably the best defensive 3B last year, no way do you move him to LF for a guy like Flores who will be a below average defender at 3B anyway.

I'd rather just let Flores be well below average in the OF and keep Wright at 3B until he proves he can't play the position anymore. Or just trade Flores for an outfielder. That seems logical to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Moves like these must be considered when it is appropriate to do so. I have no doubt that Wright would endorse it if he felt it would help the team.
    This is all I am saying. If Flores is an .280-.290 hitter with pop, you think about this move.

Maybe Flores could be groomed for an OFer. I know nothing about the guy. From what I have see of Wright over the years, it seems like he could do it.

And as far as moving a quality 3Bman like Wright…he's good, but he's not Brooks Robinson.

With the offense the Mets have, you make the move if you have to.

vCash
    1. If Aderlin were 2 years away, I think the Mets would have put him on the roster, rather than expose him to rule 5. He's more like 3-4 years away. Far enough they were afraid to start burning options.
    2. Yes Flores might have as little range as Duda in LF. He might well even lose to Murphy in a foot race, but I don't think it's true he has less quickness. Having seen plenty of him at SS, he never looked like he had the range for an MLB SS, but I think he had the quickness, instincts, hands, and arm to be a decent MLB 3B. Range was the only issue at SS.
    3. Yes if you move David to OF, you hurt his value a bit. But being basically signed for life and not having to worry about another contract anytime soon, I doubt he'd be too worried about his perceived value. To me, moving David clearly gives you a better defensive alignment than moving Flores. The guy with the hands, arm, instincts, and no speed, is the one who really should stay on the infield.

That said, you can always shop Flores at some point. Maybe you even move David for a year or two, while Flores really establishes his value, and then trade him when you might get the max return, while he's still under control a few years and before salary starts rising in arbitration. David could always move back to 3B. If you are dealing someone this offseason, you might get more value for Murphy.

vCash
    If we can make Flores play 2nd I say hold onto him like others have said, but if not I sayd package him with somebody for a solid OF'er

vCash
    I think the Mets need to at least give it a second thought.

I know his value could skyrocket with time in Vegas at some point next year but unless they find him another position or move Wright to the OF (which i dont see them doing until later on his career) he really has no place on this team.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-01-2012 at 03:23 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    That's the only think we can say with certainty about Flores right now. Barring injury to Wright, Flores will not play third base with the Mets. Time to explore corner outfield or second base.

Another option: Petition the NL to use the DH already. The time is long overdue.

Long overdue, it's killing NL teams.

vCash

Do The Mets Look To Deal Flores Next Week?

I know Ike played a good RF before coming up. Do you think trying that and Flores at 1b could work?

vCash
    Tyler Flowers for Wilmer Flores? Mets get their catcher and the Sox get their third baseman.

vCash
    Well the first thing you need to ask, who is more valuable on the open Market?
    Murphy or Flores or Duda? We are talking about upgrading LF right?

Deal the one or two that will land you a decent OF'er, since that is the most pressing concern outside of the bullpen. Moving Wirght will always come down to what Wright wants to do. Forcing the issue could theoretically turn out like what the Marlins did to Ramirez. (Who now doesn't look bad after wanting out of that dumpster fire).

If you can't find a decent OF'er then approach the subject. There is always the possibility that the Mets will have to stand pat for another season. Or at least until the deadline. We may not like waiting, but it will be better than making a rash deal, that may do more harm.

THANK YOU PROKY!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    Tyler Flowers for Wilmer Flores? Mets get their catcher and the Sox get their third baseman.
    Solid top 100 prospect for a backup catcher? Yuck.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    I'm sure if they package Flores and Familia/Mejia, they could get a real solid outfielder for us.

This. I'd deal Flores before he turns into the next flop-Mart, which let's face it is far more likely than him turning into the next Manny Ramirez.

We need a good OF'er far more than we need a prospect without a home and a reliever, I'd rather keep Familia than Meija.

I have always rated the big four 1. Wheeler. 2. Harvey. 3. Familia. 4. Meija.

vCash
    Teach Flores how to play left and keep him. Kid can stroke
    “It's still a game and you'd rather win it than lose it.”

There is An Angel in CitiField- LETS GO METS!

Proud to be PSD's "The Kid"

New York Giants-2012 World Champions

SuperMann #10, Superman wears Eli Pajamas

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Flores has no position with us now that Wright is extended. You rather have Flores over Ike?

What if he doesn't rake in Vagas? Then your only opportunity to trade him is gone.
    When did I ever say I would want Flores over Ike.

I'm perfectly fine taking a chance on him in Vegas. If he sucks, he sucks. History and stats say keep Flores. He's a prospect. He has the same chance as succeeding/failing as whoever we are presumably trading him for. And considering we want young players back with not the longest track records, basically yes, I don't care if the only opportunity to trade him is lost.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Norwegian View Post
    If Murphy can play 2nd, so can Flores.
    Why is so many discounting him playing second...he does not need great range to play the position..their is long list of great 2nds who had average range and offensively at a high level. The kid played SS until last year, he can play second. Does Uggla have great range?? I would much rather they look to trade Murphy.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast