Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Would hope they consider moving him there next year because we know he wont play third anytime soon.
    That's the only think we can say with certainty about Flores right now. Barring injury to Wright, Flores will not play third base with the Mets. Time to explore corner outfield or second base.

Another option: Petition the NL to use the DH already. The time is long overdue.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    I'm sure if they package Flores and Familia/Mejia, they could get a real solid outfielder for us.
    This...

Or like MetsJets said an OF prospect similarly rated.

Although prospect for prospect trades are less likely to happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Norwegian View Post
    If Murphy can play 2nd, so can Flores.
    Murphy is both quicker and has better foot speed. Everything I had read on Flores knocks his quickness and range.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    That's the only think we can say with certainty about Flores right now. Barring injury to Wright, Flores will not play third base with the Mets. Time to explore corner outfield or second base.

Another option: Petition the NL to use the DH already. The time is long overdue.
    I think the National league DH could happen in the next CBA which this one is not up until I believe 2016 or 2017.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    I'm sure if they package Flores and Familia/Mejia, they could get a real solid outfielder for us.
    Next year doesn't matter. Hold onto Flores and revisit this question next off-season. Flores is still a twig, and he's about to go to Vegas. Watch what happens in a year when he puts on 25 pounds and really starts hitting for power, his prospect status is going to balloon. There are very few 6'3, 220 pound 2Bmen in this league. That's what Flores will eventually become. Leave him at 3B, and just let him develop.

I'd rather hold onto Familia/Mejia, see if one of them can pan out in the pen, and let Wilmer develop. Again no rush to the majors, Wright's got that spot for a decade.

If someone is dangling a guy like Wil Myers or D'Arnaud in your face, you take the deal, but the chances of that happening are slim to none. Sit pat and enjoy the non-moves for the next 8 months.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yfern328 View Post
    Next year doesn't matter. Hold onto Flores and revisit this question next off-season. Flores is still a twig, and he's about to go to Vegas. Watch what happens in a year when he puts on 25 pounds and really starts hitting for power, his prospect status is going to balloon. There are very few 6'3, 220 pound 2Bmen in this league. That's what Flores will eventually become. Leave him at 3B, and just let him develop.

I'd rather hold onto Familia/Mejia, see if one of them can pan out in the pen, and let Wilmer develop. Again no rush to the majors, Wright's got that spot for a decade.

If someone is dangling a guy like Wil Myers or D'Arnaud in your face, you take the deal, but the chances of that happening are slim to none. Sit pat and enjoy the non-moves for the next 8 months.
    Flores has no position with us now that Wright is extended. You rather have Flores over Ike?

What if he doesn't rake in Vagas? Then your only opportunity to trade him is gone.

vCash
    If the Mets have a standout hitter who can only play 3B, they should look at Wright for LF. He could probably do it easier than most.

vCash
    I say keep Flores for a couple of reasons, his stock is not that high to really get something good for him unless you package him with others. I also would like a 3rd baseman who can relief Wright if he gets injured. See in a year or 2 where his value is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota48 View Post
    If the Mets have a standout hitter who can only play 3B, they should look at Wright for LF. He could probably do it easier than most.
    I wonder if that's a possibility to prolong his ability offensively.

I doubt it but they did try it with Chipper who was less athletic than Wright was when the Braves tried it.

Needless to say it didn't work out that well with Chipper.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-30-2012 at 08:09 PM.

vCash
    he's still young enough to convert him to catcher...He's about the same age as Piazza was when he first started catching...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I wonder if that's a possibility to prolong his ability offensively.

I doubt it but they did try it with Chipper who was less athletic than .Wright is when they did it
    It's not my ideal choice, but if Flores is a legitimate hitter, you make room for him. We're terribly short of hitters. Wright strikes me as being extremely athletic and with a great attitude. I could see him making the transition.

vCash
    I thought Wilmer was playing 2nd base just as much as third? I'd rather hold onto him and hope he turns into a good hitting second baseman, something that is somewhat tough to come by.

If he and someone else can get Myers or someone such as, I don't see a problem with it.

vCash
    Yes they should trade Flores in a package I hear everyone saying Duda this Duda that please what value does he have? Dave Kingman all over

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fifthangelkai View Post
    Yes they should trade Flores in a package I hear everyone saying Duda this Duda that please what value does he have? Dave Kingman all over
    If he only had Kingmans power..

Then he would have trade value to an American league team as a DH

vCash
    ^Near zero value right now. Coming off a bad year and a broken wrist a few weeks ago.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast