Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Thinking outside the box here.....

If FW belives ( And I'm not saying he does, Just looking at things from a different angle) Ahmed is going to make a Simmons type jump this year, maybe he would be willing to part with Simmons if the D-Backs send back cash in the deal. However It would be hard to imagin ( and I would not) FW trading Simmons along with top arm Julio Teheran in the same package.

vCash
    If its upton for Simmons str8 up then hell yea I'd do this deal. The braves could also market the hell out of the upton brothers meaning more money for the organization. Sign AGon to a 1 yr 2 mil contract and go ahead and preorder your World Series championship hats and T-shirts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thomass View Post
    If its upton for Simmons str8 up then hell yea I'd do this deal. The braves could also market the hell out of the upton brothers meaning more money for the organization. Sign AGon to a 1 yr 2 mil contract and go ahead and preorder your World Series championship hats and T-shirts

Thats not happening on either side. 6 years of control for a young dynamic SS who likely has a few gold gloves and all star appearances to his future resume isn't going anywhere. Those guys are hard to find. So why trade when we already have him.
    <span style=font-family: Georgia>[II][/I]</span>

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westside View Post
    Thats not happening on either side. 6 years of control for a young dynamic SS who likely has a few gold gloves and all star appearances to his future resume isn't going anywhere. Those guys are hard to find. So why trade when we already have him.
    Thats my thing right there.. Six years of control? You cant trade that away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robdizzle3 View Post
    thats my thing right there.. Six years of control? You cant trade that away.
    +1

vCash
    Wish we still had Andrus.
    BRING BACK CHICUBS!!!

vCash
    I will say this as well...Simmons better be really good if we don't get Upton. Simmons vs. Ahmed minor league numbers look very equal. Difference is (offensively) that Ahmed has shown better minor league power and gap to gap hitting with more speed than Simmons. Simmons defense is what makes him so valuable. Offensively, he looks a little like the next Jeff Francoeur with very little power. He does not like to walk, and I feel like he will suffer from teams starting to pitch around him if he develops in to a serious offensive threat.

If we offered up Teheran, Ahmed, and another mid level spec....then we could possibly acquire Justin. I would love to get this done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vtgriff09 View Post
    I will say this as well...Simmons better be really good if we don't get Upton. Simmons vs. Ahmed minor league numbers look very equal. Difference is (offensively) that Ahmed has shown better minor league power and gap to gap hitting with more speed than Simmons. Simmons defense is what makes him so valuable. Offensively, he looks a little like the next Jeff Francoeur with very little power. He does not like to walk, and I feel like he will suffer from teams starting to pitch around him if he develops in to a serious offensive threat.

If we offered up Teheran, Ahmed, and another mid level spec....then we could possibly acquire Justin. I would love to get this done.
    Great insight I must say.. How well is Ahmed with the glove?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vtgriff09 View Post

The thing is, minor league numbers almost never translate to the same thing in the majors. Simmons hit 3 homers in a month compared to 3 in 2 years in the minors. He projects to be a bit like Prado or Omar Infante offensively. High contact, low K's, gap hitter with about 10 homers as he grows more. I think his walk rate was a product of being a rookie. He wanted to show he could hit. Now with him in there everyday he'll probably walk more and wait for his pitch.

vCash
    So u guys would rather trade away our great pitching prospects that we're probably going to need this year, along with a really good SS prospect, rather than just sacrificing Simmons? Just sign AGon and let Ahmed take over next year.

vCash
    Simmons in the minors---most pa in a season 570, 29 walks. He's a free swinger. As they say, you don't walk yourself to the US for baseball.

And while minor league numbers don't always transfer, Simmons was very close to the identical player from the minors (slightly more power because of massive hacks he took...and he was hitting in the bottom of the order, so he got challenged).

No reason to think Ahmed's numbers wouldn't transfer being that he was a 2nd rd draft pick.

Glove-wise, Ahmed's numbers have almost been identical in fielding % and range factor through the minors as Simmons. Now ranger numbers are not as accurate in the minors, it's pretty obvious that this youngster is solid...his range factors and numbers in the minors show better than Pastornicky.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thomass View Post
    So u guys would rather trade away our great pitching prospects that we're probably going to need this year, along with a really good SS prospect, rather than just sacrificing Simmons? Just sign AGon and let Ahmed take over next year.
    No, at this point Simmons is more valuable than Teheran IMO, yes we probably need Teheran this year, but we have more options in Delgado and Beachy coming in the AS, Alex Gonzalez is coming off a serious injury and he pobably isn't thee same skilled defensive player, Ahmed doesn't have the defensive skills that Simmons althoug he will hit for more power.

I don't want to Trade Graham but Upton is the kind of player i'll be willing to trade him for, a package of Delgado-Graham-Ahmed would be enough? or more than enough?

vCash
    Yeah...I would rather hold on to our high end pitching prospects and ahmed (probably plus another) than trade Simmons su for Upton....problem is...would AZ do a su trade for Simmons??

But I would be happy with J. Upton no matter what...imagine the lineup:
    Prado
    Heyward
    J.Upton
    Freeman
    BJ Upton
    McCann
    Uggla
    Simmons

Man..that would be great. We could always put BJ in the 2 hole, JHey 3, Justin 4, then Freeman, Uggla, McCann, Simmons. Either way.

vCash
    Ahmed's defensive metrics have been almost identical to Simmons minor league defensive metrics....more speed, more walks, more power through the minors...less ba.

vCash
    I say trade Simmons now while his value is up. Sign Stephen drew if u have to.

Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast