Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Been hard to post on here recently (job, personal life) but I have been looking in. Love the thought of Upton, Upton, Heyward. Personally I'd go

Prado
    Bj Upton
    Heyward
    J Upton
    Freeman
    Uggla
    McCann
    Simmons

Simmons over Harper!!!

WAR Stats:

2014 - Simmons 0.7 vs Harper -0.2
    2013 - Simmons 4.7 vs Harper 3.8
    Career - Simmons 7.6 vs Harper 8.1
    162 game average - Simmons 5.0 vs Harper 4.7

updated 5/22/14

vCash
    if they give up Simba..I'll throw a hissy fit of godly proportion.

It would ruin the buzz of getting Justin Upton.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    if they give up Simba..I'll throw a hissy fit of godly proportion.

It would ruin the buzz of getting Justin Upton.
    Agreed BK.. It,wouldnt make sense. We have soo many years of control with Dre. Slick with the glove, can hit and he can do it at position thats coveted.. Wren has to know better.

vCash
    If it wasn't evident before it is now...we want Justin Upton. The D-backs hold the cards there...they can just wait till we crack and give up Simba (don't you dare) or give up even more than the amount that it originally took to get him but minus Simba.

At least nobody is bored.

vCash
    If it wasn't evident before it is now...we want Justin Upton. The D-backs hold the cards there...they can just wait till we crack and give up Simba (don't you dare) or give up even more than the amount that it originally took to get him but minus Simba.

At least nobody is bored.
    They do hold the cards, but they have to see how all the trade rumors affected Justin last season. Another season like that will dimminish his trade value. They could trade him to another team, but if you where another team would you trade top prospects for a guy you know wants to be in Atlanta?

I think we can get a deal done without Simmons. Hopefully the package can be built around Delgado, Ahmed, and anothe Spec not named Julio Teheran. If we get him then maybe we can look at trading Dan and/or EOF for a middle infielder or 3B man that bats lead-off (As Prado can play 2B or 3B).

vCash
    Just because we want Upton does not mean Arizona holds all the cards. The Royals need pitching and have a surplus of outfielders, IE Gordon or Myers. We can also talk to the Twins about Willingham. There are other options for trade and free agents available. We should not cave to their demands if we start entering trade talks or negotiations with other free agents and strategically leak a little bit of info that puts more leverage back in our court. Because in my opinion with Arizona constantly floating J. Upton's name in trade discusions last summer the trade deadline and again this offseason I think Upton has to be getting pretty annoyed with how they are treating their perennial star. So if the Braves are willing to give a fair package I believe the Diamondback's would be fools to pass it up without a certain player. I mean you get enough prime prospects/players you can flip one or two if need be to fill other needs. IE ss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    They do hold the cards, but they have to see how all the trade rumors affected Justin last season. Another season like that will dimminish his trade value. They could trade him to another team, but if you where another team would you trade top prospects for a guy you know wants to be in Atlanta?

I think we can get a deal done without Simmons. Hopefully the package can be built around Delgado, Ahmed, and anothe Spec not named Julio Teheran. If we get him then maybe we can look at trading Dan and/or EOF for a middle infielder or 3B man that bats lead-off (As Prado can play 2B or 3B).
    That first paragraph key.. Hes said he will play with his brother, so why wait?

vCash
    I don't see it happening unless they get what they want

vCash
    Alot more good options out there for a LF, don't budge FW.

vCash
    How about Delgado,Spruill ,EOF, and Ahmed....just to get the ball rolling and see where that takes us. Probably wont be enough, but hey, that could be an attention grabber. FW has already said if Simmons wasn't such a beast, that Ahmed would probably be a few short stops away from Atl. He actually said that too, in an interview lol.
    <span style=font-family: Georgia>[II][/I]</span>

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Alot more good options out there for a LF, don't budge FW.
    Bingo. If they say "give us Simba or no deal" then take the no deal and be happily on your way. Do not cave in.

vCash
    I will be a pissy little ***** for most of the season if we trade simba away! Upton and his superstar potential or not SS is one of if not THE most important position for position players. The SS has the ability to single handedly turn average pitchers into good pitchers and average GB pitchers into all stars. I'm sorry but no way in hell will I be happy with this. I am already pissed the hell off we will likely lose Delgado in the trade dammit!

vCash
    Bingo. If they say "give us Simba or no deal" then take the no deal and be happily on your way. Do not cave in.
    Yeah +1

vCash
    Simba had a 2.2 fWAR last season in 49 games. J Upton a 2.5 fWAR in 150 games.

Now Upton did have fWAR's of 4.8, 3.0 and 6.4 before that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Simba had a 2.2 fWAR last season in 49 games. J Upton a 2.5 fWAR in 150 games.

Now Upton did have fWAR's of 4.8, 3.0 and 6.4 before that.
    Forget the numbers, just look at the drastic change we got from the SS position. Defensively and offensively he made us better with his spectacular defense and hustle plays on offense. It just strengthens the case that he shouldn't be included in any deal.

Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast