Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 865
  1. #46
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kennesaw, Ga
    Posts
    8,603
    vCash
    1500
    Been hard to post on here recently (job, personal life) but I have been looking in. Love the thought of Upton, Upton, Heyward. Personally I'd go

    Prado
    Bj Upton
    Heyward
    J Upton
    Freeman
    Uggla
    McCann
    Simmons
    ___________________________________


    Simmons over Harper!!!

    WAR Stats:

    2014 - Simmons 0.7 vs Harper -0.2
    2013 - Simmons 4.7 vs Harper 3.8
    Career - Simmons 7.6 vs Harper 8.1
    162 game average - Simmons 5.0 vs Harper 4.7

    updated 5/22/14

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    90,929
    vCash
    1500
    if they give up Simba..I'll throw a hissy fit of godly proportion.

    It would ruin the buzz of getting Justin Upton.


  3. #48
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Coral Springs Florida
    Posts
    12,409
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    if they give up Simba..I'll throw a hissy fit of godly proportion.

    It would ruin the buzz of getting Justin Upton.
    Agreed BK.. It,wouldnt make sense. We have soo many years of control with Dre. Slick with the glove, can hit and he can do it at position thats coveted.. Wren has to know better.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    90,929
    vCash
    1500
    If it wasn't evident before it is now...we want Justin Upton. The D-backs hold the cards there...they can just wait till we crack and give up Simba (don't you dare) or give up even more than the amount that it originally took to get him but minus Simba.

    At least nobody is bored.


  5. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    9,032
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    If it wasn't evident before it is now...we want Justin Upton. The D-backs hold the cards there...they can just wait till we crack and give up Simba (don't you dare) or give up even more than the amount that it originally took to get him but minus Simba.

    At least nobody is bored.
    They do hold the cards, but they have to see how all the trade rumors affected Justin last season. Another season like that will dimminish his trade value. They could trade him to another team, but if you where another team would you trade top prospects for a guy you know wants to be in Atlanta?

    I think we can get a deal done without Simmons. Hopefully the package can be built around Delgado, Ahmed, and anothe Spec not named Julio Teheran. If we get him then maybe we can look at trading Dan and/or EOF for a middle infielder or 3B man that bats lead-off (As Prado can play 2B or 3B).

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    73
    vCash
    1500
    Just because we want Upton does not mean Arizona holds all the cards. The Royals need pitching and have a surplus of outfielders, IE Gordon or Myers. We can also talk to the Twins about Willingham. There are other options for trade and free agents available. We should not cave to their demands if we start entering trade talks or negotiations with other free agents and strategically leak a little bit of info that puts more leverage back in our court. Because in my opinion with Arizona constantly floating J. Upton's name in trade discusions last summer the trade deadline and again this offseason I think Upton has to be getting pretty annoyed with how they are treating their perennial star. So if the Braves are willing to give a fair package I believe the Diamondback's would be fools to pass it up without a certain player. I mean you get enough prime prospects/players you can flip one or two if need be to fill other needs. IE ss.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Coral Springs Florida
    Posts
    12,409
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    They do hold the cards, but they have to see how all the trade rumors affected Justin last season. Another season like that will dimminish his trade value. They could trade him to another team, but if you where another team would you trade top prospects for a guy you know wants to be in Atlanta?

    I think we can get a deal done without Simmons. Hopefully the package can be built around Delgado, Ahmed, and anothe Spec not named Julio Teheran. If we get him then maybe we can look at trading Dan and/or EOF for a middle infielder or 3B man that bats lead-off (As Prado can play 2B or 3B).
    That first paragraph key.. Hes said he will play with his brother, so why wait?

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Chi-Town
    Posts
    5,248
    vCash
    1500
    I don't see it happening unless they get what they want

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Punta Gorda, FL
    Posts
    20,177
    vCash
    1200
    Alot more good options out there for a LF, don't budge FW.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    atlanta
    Posts
    4,009
    vCash
    1500
    How about Delgado,Spruill ,EOF, and Ahmed....just to get the ball rolling and see where that takes us. Probably wont be enough, but hey, that could be an attention grabber. FW has already said if Simmons wasn't such a beast, that Ahmed would probably be a few short stops away from Atl. He actually said that too, in an interview lol.
    <span style=font-family: Georgia>[II][/I]</span>

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    90,929
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Alot more good options out there for a LF, don't budge FW.
    Bingo. If they say "give us Simba or no deal" then take the no deal and be happily on your way. Do not cave in.


  12. #57
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    7,150
    vCash
    1500
    I will be a pissy little ***** for most of the season if we trade simba away! Upton and his superstar potential or not SS is one of if not THE most important position for position players. The SS has the ability to single handedly turn average pitchers into good pitchers and average GB pitchers into all stars. I'm sorry but no way in hell will I be happy with this. I am already pissed the hell off we will likely lose Delgado in the trade dammit!

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    atlanta
    Posts
    4,009
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    Bingo. If they say "give us Simba or no deal" then take the no deal and be happily on your way. Do not cave in.
    Yeah +1
    <span style=font-family: Georgia>[II][/I]</span>

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Punta Gorda, FL
    Posts
    20,177
    vCash
    1200
    Simba had a 2.2 fWAR last season in 49 games. J Upton a 2.5 fWAR in 150 games.


    Now Upton did have fWAR's of 4.8, 3.0 and 6.4 before that.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    atlanta
    Posts
    4,009
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Simba had a 2.2 fWAR last season in 49 games. J Upton a 2.5 fWAR in 150 games.


    Now Upton did have fWAR's of 4.8, 3.0 and 6.4 before that.
    Forget the numbers, just look at the drastic change we got from the SS position. Defensively and offensively he made us better with his spectacular defense and hustle plays on offense. It just strengthens the case that he shouldn't be included in any deal.
    <span style=font-family: Georgia>[II][/I]</span>

Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •