Prado
    Simmons
    Heyward
    Upton
    Freeman
    Upton
    McCann
    Uggla

Two guys who don't strike out much at the top and plenty of thunder following them. Now you look ready to face these tough LHP in the NL East. Who can say no to that? Vasquez pitched his *** off for us, so he's always on my good side.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA_Starter View Post
    You and your Javy.

I do like him too though to be honest.
    What I can say, everyone has some kind of man crush on someone at some point. Mine's is on Javy. Every since he was on the Expos, I always loved the way he pitched.

He's a workhorse, knows how to pitch, an innings eater and, with us, a bonifide ace.

Posted a 2.77 FIP and xFIP (highest of his career) and a 6.5 WAR (highest of his career).

We haven't had a starter post those numbers since then.

Quote Originally Posted by westside View Post
    Javy pitched very well while he was here. Not saying he will duplicate but I saw he was topping 93 mph today, i'd welcome him back.
    That's excellent cause he hovers around 90 mph. If he can do that with his movement on his pitches, he'll be an excellent addition to anyone's team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    Prado
    Simmons
    Heyward
    Upton
    Freeman
    Upton
    McCann
    Uggla

Two guys who don't strike out much at the top and plenty of thunder following them. Now you look ready to face these tough LHP in the NL East. Who can say no to that? Vasquez pitched his *** off for us, so he's always on my good side.
    You know, we have a guy that gets on base at over a .340 clip for his career that we arent considering at the top of the order. It might help him to move up to have some protection behind him. That guy is dan uggla. I think he is going to get on base at a much better clip than Simmons. And if you put a good hitter behind him, he would see more fastballs. If we land the other upton I am not opposed to putting uggla in the 2 hole. What do you guys think?

Prado
    Uggla
    Heyward
    J. Upton
    Freeman
    BJ Upton
    McCann(when healthy)
    Simmons

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mgcslugger33 View Post
    You know, we have a guy that gets on base at over a .340 clip for his career that we arent considering at the top of the order. It might help him to move up to have some protection behind him. That guy is dan uggla. I think he is going to get on base at a much better clip than Simmons. And if you put a good hitter behind him, he would see more fastballs. If we land the other upton I am not opposed to putting uggla in the 2 hole. What do you guys think?

Prado
    Uggla
    Heyward
    J. Upton
    Freeman
    BJ Upton
    McCann(when healthy)
    Simmons
    too many k's

vCash
    It wouldn't surprise me to see BJ hit as many, if not more, homers as last year...

vCash
    Even if Justin is acquired, I don't think BJ will be hitting 6th or lower opening day. Just like with Uggla ( unless he has just a horrible spring or injured) the Braves will give him every chance to succeed and justify his paycheck to the fans of Atlanta. And let's be honest there would be a lot of complaining if our highest paid player in hitting 6th on opening day. That's putting him in the doghouse with fans to start the season. Talk radio would be all over him....... That said if other's succeed, he could be hitting there later in the season. But as of now if we get Justin I go opening day with...

Prado
    BJ Upton
    Heyward
    J Upton
    Freeman
    Uggla
    Simmons
    Laird

vCash
    ^I see a lot of speed and power in that line up!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HowFit View Post
    ^I see a lot of speed and power in that line up!
    yep,...... FW has spoken very openly about wanting a young athletic team......

An OF of Jason, Bj, and Justin, should be good for 75+ hr's and 70+ steals. Heck,,,, If all play up to their talent they could reach 90+ and 100.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fly View Post
    too many k's
    doesnt really matter if he is getting on base at a .340 clip. The alternative is Upton( I agree with SB75 that he will be given the chance to hit at the top of the line up) and he strikes out just as much.

vCash
    Our lineup would be so deep when Mac comes back. It's going to take a lot but will be so much fun to watch

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    With the Rangers signing Lance, does that take them out of the race for Upton?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    I would think but know Seattle eyeing both Upton and Stanton...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mgcslugger33 View Post
    doesnt really matter if he is getting on base at a .340 clip. The alternative is Upton( I agree with SB75 that he will be given the chance to hit at the top of the line up) and he strikes out just as much.
    Should have stated top or middle. If we don't land his brother, BJ could also split Jason and Freeman in the 4 hole and hit in the 5 hole at times. I just don't see him starting opening day in the 6 hole........ But stranger things have happened. Prado and Simmons could start off red hot and Uggla could remember how to hit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    Depends on what they do with Profar. If they move him to second and Kinzler to LF it might but I'm not even sure who their CF is.

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HowFit View Post
    I would think but know Seattle eyeing both Upton and Stanton...
    I'd be just fine with Sea getting Stanton and Us getting Justin. OR I'd be just fine with Sea getting Justin and Us getting Stanton! Either one works for me!

Page 27 of 58 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast