Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    vCash
    This offense had no problem taking walks and hitting singles. The problem was driving in RISP and hitting for power. Two guys who didn't have much power -- Bourn and Jones -- should be replaced with XBH machines. BJ Upton seems like a good choice, they can use his power anywhere near the top of the order like other great offensive clubs have. No one should be stuck on this idea of acquiring a traditional leadoff hitter next, they need a GOOD hitter in LF who can drive in runs and adjust the lineup accordingly or else they're basically bringing back the same lineup from last year.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 12-05-2012 at 02:34 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    This offense had no problem taking walks and hitting singles. The problem was driving in RISP and hitting for power. Two guys who didn't have much power -- Bourn and Jones -- should be replaced with XBH machines. BJ Upton seems like a good choice, they can use his power anywhere near the top of the order like other great offensive clubs have. No one should be stuck on this idea of acquiring a traditional leadoff hitter next, they need a GOOD hitter in LF who can drive in runs and adjust the lineup accordingly or else they're basically bringing back the same lineup from last year.
    Like..........................Alex Gordon

vCash
    Yeah...Alex Gordon is the perfect fit. Young, 2 consecutive gold gloves in LF (so Upton's defense could be surrounded by 2 gold glovers), he can hit 1, 2, 3, 5, has power--but more importantly he's a gap to gap hitter (where he lead the majors in doubles last yr). He can run, and he gets on base all the time. Year before this one (2011), he lead the MLB in batting avg out of the leadoff position...so he is obviously comfortable with batting 1.

MLBTR reports Braves have been in contact and asked about Upton, Fowler, Gordon and Choo. I would love anyone of them. All 4 have the ability to hit gap to gap, they all can run, and they all are young. Just what FW said he wanted, a younger more athletic player to play LF.

vCash
    Rowler is a lower grade then the others. Gordon would be awesome. He has always been the piece I wanted.

vCash
    I'd take Gordon over Upton.

vCash
    Not sure who saw this yet, but it was just put up on ESPN an hour ago.

Very interesting what Bowden said about his conversation with Frank Wren. The part about him asking if he has enough outside of Simmons to get Justin Upton, and Wren apparently responding "I think I do".

http://espn.go.com/videohub/video/cl...goryid=2521705

Interesting considering the reports about the DBacks and Braves walking away saying they "werent a good fit" just yesterday.

vCash
    Is Bowden really thinking the braves would give up JT or Beachy for Fowler?? Is he crazy?? That's all kinds of awful.

I think that has to do more of the D-backs just wanting Simba "or no deal." Wren is interested and definitely would like him...the d-backs just want Simba though.

vCash
    If we can get Justin without giving up JT or Simba, I'm all in on that! But I have to be honest, the Alex Gordon idea is really gaining steam with me. From what I have read about him and I have not seen him play much..... His OB skills are legit, he's great defensively and he has the speed and skills to steal more bases than he has thus far. I would love to hear someone's opinion who has seen him play.

vCash
    From what im seeing the asking prices on most of these trades are way too high.. Which I dont get.. Dont make a player available if youre going to be lopsided take him off the block.

vCash
    Teheran + Ahmed + A couple other prospects for Upton? Probably still not enough... Maybe if we threw in Minor as well?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HickCaesar View Post
    Teheran + Ahmed + A couple other prospects for Upton? Probably still not enough... Maybe if we threw in Minor as well?
    Problem we have right now is if we arent willing to trade Simmons, we also arent able to trade more than 1 major league ready Pitcher. If we trade Teheran AND Minor we could get Upton. BUT if we trade both we then create a hole and suddenly need a pitcher.

Hudson
    Medlen
    Maholm
    Minor
    Teheran/Delgado

Thats the opening day rotation. We cant trade more than one of these guys because we have no other major league ready pitching(remember Beachy wont be ready until June at the earliest).

So trades with multiple pitchers might have to includeTeheran + Graham or Gilmartin, since their quality prospects but not a part of the immediate major league plans.

vCash
    The rumor of the D'Backs/Indians trade seem's like it could work out for us in the end. Cabrera goes to the D'Backs and Bauer+another prospect to the Indians, the D'Backs suddenly don't need Simmons and need Teheran.

Braves Pelicans Raiders

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    If we can get Justin without giving up JT or Simba, I'm all in on that! But I have to be honest, the Alex Gordon idea is really gaining steam with me. From what I have read about him and I have not seen him play much..... His OB skills are legit, he's great defensively and he has the speed and skills to steal more bases than he has thus far. I would love to hear someone's opinion who has seen him play.
    I feel the same...

vCash
    How bad is Evan Gattis's defense in RF? I'm more intrigued by him than anyone else not named J. Upton, Alex Gordan and Will Myers.

instead of trading the farm for a hitter who will provide 1 - 1.5 WAR over Gattis, I say go with Gattis if his defense is serviceable. I think he will easily hit over 20HR. The guys showed he can hit AA pitching. Why are not excited about this guy? Age?
    El Oso Blanco

vCash
    cause he's unproven. Not too wise to bank on a 27 year old, who has never hit in the majors, to be your everyday LF.

If he comes out and flat out takes it. That's fine but you never want to put yourself in a position where you are relying on an unknown to produce.

Page 18 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast