Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    Link? I haven't read that from SD. You could totally be right, I just havent heard this. I know they want an extension, but if they can't reach one they may be interested.
    I saw it on Hot Stove. The Yankees inquired on him, and they shot them down and said, "We are not shopping Chase Headley, he is not available."
    i think ken rosenthal tweeted it as well. I will try and find it for you though.
    <span style=font-family: Georgia>[II][/I]</span>

vCash
    Buster_ESPN
    The Arizona Diamondbacks have constructed a four-team deal that's currently dormant. Would net them Asdrubal Cabrera, if it's revitalized.
    Wonder if we where one of the four.

vCash
    "According to ESPN's Jayson Stark, the Diamondbacks and Braves have concluded that they are "not going to be a fit" for a Justin Upton trade."

per Rotoworld

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    Link? I haven't read that from SD. You could totally be right, I just havent heard this. I know they want an extension, but if they can't reach one they may be interested.
    http://sandiego.padres.mlb.com/news/...d&ymd=20121203

vCash
    Just don't see this deal happening. Looks like we will be settling for Swisher/Kubel/ or internal option .

vCash
    Heard the RedSox got victorino..Another one bites the dust. I think we still get a LF, but he probaly won't be leadoff.

vCash
    Guys who are at the meetings(Bowman,DOB), say we might have a chance to land Alex Gordon. We have the right pieces, and it wont cost as much as upton. Just wishful thinking lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westside View Post
    Guys who are at the meetings(Bowman,DOB), say we might have a chance to land Alex Gordon. We have the right pieces, and it wont cost as much as upton. Just wishful thinking lol.
    I would be for it.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    I'd be happy to land Gordon.

In other news, it appears as if this thread can be closed.

vCash
    The Braves and Diamondbacks have concluded there's not going to be a fit for an Upton trade, tweets ESPN's Jayson Stark. The Braves do not intend to trade shortstop Andrelton Simmons.
    Although the D-Backs have been aggressive in shopping Upton in Nashville, no team has stepped up to offer a frontline shortstop, tweets Bob Nightengale of USA Today.
    MLB.com's Anthony Castrovince notes that Upton trade rumors are becoming an annual tradition, and wonders if this could be the year he's finally moved. "It sounds like they kind of want to," said a rival NL scout. "But it's hard to pull the trigger."

11 25 12 61
    Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#hYdm2XhQ0AcWsYG8.99

vCash
    **** that blows.

vCash
    I hope they dont sign cody ross, rather play gattis an take my chances then that clown

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dannybfast24 View Post
    I hope they dont sign cody ross, rather play gattis an take my chances then that clown
    you mean the clown that has put up stats similar to the guy that we just paid 75 mil?

vCash
    Cody Ross would be plan D for me...

vCash
    Ross in LF and Prado at 3B for LHP and Prado in LF and Francisco at 3B for RHP (and maybe working Ross in to face some rightys to keep him fresh) wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. I'd prefer Gordon esp. with Upton likely unobtainable, but this would work plus Ross can play all three OF positions (CF in a pinch, but I wouldn't leave him there for long).

Page 16 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast