Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 58 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rtgthree View Post
    Those "specials" are typically full of old news and bad reporting, to begin with. The print/Internet media are much better, and any Myers rumors have surrounded the Royals' need for a top-end, ready-now starting pitcher. The Braves don't have one of those, unless you're prepared to move Kris Medlen (which the Braves are not). The Royals would be foolish to trade Myers, and from everything the KC media has been saying, they know that.
    Id pass on it, but I didnt know what they were looking for.. Reason I believe is because these writers, mainly Olney and Peter are there, along with GMs, so them saying KC is makimg him available seems true, no matter the asking hes available.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rtgthree View Post
    1) You'd only be dealing with Boras for one year.
    2) So the Braves get his salary back and can go shopping again next year, unless Gattis keeps hitting and earns the job.
    3) That's what Reed Johnson is for.

Not saying Choo is an ideal fit, but I'd hardly write him off.
    I'll go ahead and write him off for you, unless Cleveland changes their tune dramatically.

According to you, Shin Soo Choo can be had for relatively cheap because he is basically an expendable asset, who can be 1)let go in a years time and 2) be platooned because he is too poor of a hitter against lefties (this point your most likely right about). However he is not an expendable asset after one year. His asking price is too high to be a rental.

If he is too poor to play everyday we won't be going after him because he is expensive.

Buster Olney has repeatedly mentioned that he is going to be relatively expensive:
    "At the GM meetings last month, they set the bar very high in the asking price for Asdrubal Cabrera, Shin-Soo Choo and others, focusing on young pitching in return. "Time will tell on whether they've lowered [the asking prices]," said a rival GM. There is a lot of interest from other teams."
    Last edited by CaseyRyback; 12-04-2012 at 01:57 AM.

vCash
    All this about him not being able to hit left handers to the point that he would have to be platooned is a little exaggerated.

Michael Bourn vs LHP Career: .249/.306/.642

Shin Soo Choo Vs LHP Career: .249/.338/.695

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mgcslugger33 View Post
    All this about him not being able to hit left handers to the point that he would have to be platooned is a little exaggerated.

Michael Bourn vs LHP Career: .249/.306/.642

Shin Soo Choo Vs LHP Career: .249/.338/.695
    Since he was hit in his hand by a pitch Choo's numbers are way down.

vCash
    Saw on rotoworld that D'Backs are aggressively shopping J. Upton...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HowFit View Post
    Saw on rotoworld that D'Backs are aggressively shopping J. Upton...
    Yeah maybe they will finally realize they are expecting to much. They have spoken with the Rangers and Mariners and most likely us, wanting too much in return (especially @ SS,), like Profar, Simmons, and Andrus.

vCash
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#B4B7J25d21AC85Ei.99

The Braves and Diamondbacks have concluded there's not going to be a fit for an Upton trade, tweets ESPN's Jayson Stark. The Braves do not intend to trade shortstop Andrelton Simmons.
    So, we move on to another direction.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post

im glad too, there's no team in contention that'll trade their star ( or soon to be) SS 3B for upton, it wouldn't make any sense.
    .................................................. ..................................

vCash
    Good for you wren. Still expecting a deal by the end of the WM though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post

Bummer...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HowFit View Post
    Bummer...
    Still plent of talent out there. Does anyone else think we should try for 3B and keep Prado in LF?

Haven't seen any rumor of him to us but if we were somehow able to get Billy Butler and put him in lineup at 3rd

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaseyRyback View Post
    Still plent of talent out there. Does anyone else think we should try for 3B and keep Prado in LF?

Haven't seen any rumor of him to us but if we were somehow able to get Billy Butler and put him in lineup at 3rd
    The list of good 3B out there we can get is VERY short.

Move Prado he becomes a top 10 3rd basemen. Thats how low the position is right now.

Butter has not played 3rd since he was 19 years old.

vCash
    With Upton looking unlikely Braves may consider kicking the tires on Headley. SD mght be a better fit as a trade partner and if ATL was willing to trade "big" for Upton, they may be willing to pony up for Headley, too.

Complete speculation and I'm not even sure I believe that will be the direction Wren goes/looks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    With Upton looking unlikely Braves may consider kicking the tires on Headley. SD mght be a better fit as a trade partner and if ATL was willing to trade "big" for Upton, they may be willing to pony up for Headley, too.

Complete speculation and I'm not even sure I believe that will be the direction Wren goes/looks.
    plus the padres said they wont trade him.
    <span style=font-family: Georgia>[II][/I]</span>

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westside View Post
    plus the padres said they wont trade him.
    Ya I think he's harder to pry from SD than Upton from Arizona.

Page 14 of 58 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast