Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I want Justin Upton but I don't want another Mark Teixeira trade happening.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I want Justin Upton but I don't want another Mark Teixeira trade happening.
    Man was that painful.. i think Wren knows better than that now..If it comes down to that, just sign Ichiro and get it over with lol.. Though Frank wants to get younger and athletic, so i can see him opening up talks with Fowler again, but with Minor out of discussions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robdizzle3 View Post
    Man was that painful.. i think Wren knows better than that now..If it comes down to that, just sign Ichiro and get it over with lol.. Though Frank wants to get younger and athletic, so i can see him opening up talks with Fowler again, but with Minor out of discussions.
    not really. we traded andrus and feliz, but we have simmons and kimbrel. just proves my point that the braves are very smart when it comes to drafting. trade the excess prospects for something we could use now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thomass View Post
    not really. we traded andrus and feliz, but we have simmons and kimbrel. just proves my point that the braves are very smart when it comes to drafting. trade the excess prospects for something we could use now.
    Two primetime players they got.. But weve always drafted well.. For a few years it stung

vCash
    But you cant assume that those.caliber of players will keep coming. So if the price is too high, we're out on Upton
    <span style=font-family: Georgia>[II][/I]</span>

vCash
    Does anyone know who we offered for Justin? I assumed we did make an offer since we are interested in bringing him here...

vCash
    Two primetime players they got.. But weve always drafted well.. For a few years it stung
    Three! You are also forgetting Matt Harrison who came in 8th for Cy Young this year.
    http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...arrima01.shtml

2010 Rookie of the Year Neftali Feliz is one of the top closers in the American League and Elvis Andrus of course/

vCash
    thanks joe smoe, i was thinking the same thing - don't forget about matt harrison. has there ever been a trade with more given away than harrison, feliz, and andrus? it rivals what the dodgers got from boston for sure and also what toronto got from florida (is reyes better than andrus? will johnson have a better season than matt harrison?)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Smoe View Post
    Three! You are also forgetting Matt Harrison who came in 8th for Cy Young this year.
    http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...arrima01.shtml

2010 Rookie of the Year Neftali Feliz is one of the top closers in the American League and Elvis Andrus of course/
    I knew it . I kept saying Hanson in my head, but I knew that,was Tommy lol

vCash
    John has made a lot of bad trades during his tenure.

Wren so far has done really really well in trades especially getting rid of old guys for good youngsters.
    Can't say as much for his FA signings but better than trading good pieces for crappy expensive people...

But I'm really sick of looking for LF every damn year. It's been a struggle for this team since forever. Do other teams struggle finding LF help?
    Or is it since it's a Offensive position and they just plug any decent hitter there so every other team is the same as the bravees?
    Last edited by samanjerry; 12-03-2012 at 11:00 PM.
    .................................................. ..................................

vCash
    One of the only trades i dislike so far is viz for maholm
    .................................................. ..................................

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by howiend View Post
    thanks joe smoe, i was thinking the same thing - don't forget about matt harrison. has there ever been a trade with more given away than harrison, feliz, and andrus? it rivals what the dodgers got from boston for sure and also what toronto got from florida (is reyes better than andrus? will johnson have a better season than matt harrison?)
    Overall talent? i say yes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thomass View Post
    Joe Smoe the braves draft over 50 players a year. if the braves got upton, their outfield would be set for at least the next three years. As a matter of fact, other than catcher, and 2b, the infield and pitching staff is pretty much set for the next few years. By the time guys like freeman and heyward hit free agency, the hope is that you have the prospects there to replace them and historically speaking, the braves haves always drafted well so there is no need to get overly concerned with trading away a lot of prospects that we don't need and wouldnt need for at least a few years.
    If you read my first post, I didn't say we shouldn't make a trade... nor did I ever say I don't like Justin Upton. I simply have a problem with trading 4 or 5 of our prospects or top young players away for one elite player. I simply am a fan of a lesser "all or nothing" approach.

But that said... I will never agree with your statement that "no need to get overly concerned with trading away a lot of prospects that we don't need and wouldn't need for at least a few years".

As every year players get injured and some players decline. Last year at the start of the year, the word was the Braves are loaded on pitching!!! ..What was the big mid season pickup? A pitcher! I will never say we have no need for great prospects! While the Braves scouting has struck gold sometimes, it is never a sure fire thing. ...Im looking at you Edward Starlin Salcedo!!!

vCash
    Wren is far from perfect but I can't imagine him making some of the position player trades that Schuerholz did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Smoe View Post
    If you read my first post, I didn't say we shouldn't make a trade... nor did I ever say I don't like Justin Upton. I simply have a problem with trading 4 or 5 of our prospects or top young players away for one elite player. I simply am a fan of a lesser "all or nothing" approach.

But that said... I will never agree with your statement that "no need to get overly concerned with trading away a lot of prospects that we don't need and wouldn't need for at least a few years".

As every year players get injured and some players decline. Last year at the start of the year, the word was the Braves are loaded on pitching!!! ..What was the big mid season pickup? A pitcher! I will never say we have no need for great prospects! While the Braves scouting has struck gold sometimes, it is never a sure fire thing. ...Im looking at you Edward Starlin Salcedo!!!
    this guy makes me say orgg...

Page 12 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast