Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 58 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    Ross in LF and Prado at 3B for LHP and Prado in LF and Francisco at 3B for RHP (and maybe working Ross in to face some rightys to keep him fresh) wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. I'd prefer Gordon esp. with Upton likely unobtainable, but this would work plus Ross can play all three OF positions (CF in a pinch, but I wouldn't leave him there for long).
    If it was a 1 year deal for Ross i will be okay with it, but he is looking for 3 years and close to 10M. So i don't think is a good option.

vCash
    Reports are the D'Backs are more likely to trade Kubel. I'd be fine with him. Not sure about his glove but I like his bat.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Reports are the D'Backs are more likely to trade Kubel. I'd be fine with him. Not sure about his glove but I like his bat.
    i don't like him, he is a lefty and inconsistent player who struck out too much, UZR have him as a bad defender, so there's nothing good about him.

vCash
    I'm increasingly becoming convinced that the Braves' biggest deal at the Winter Meetings will be signing a bench bat, and that if they're going to find a trade partner, it's going to have to be a team and player from out of the blue. Wren has done such things before, so it wouldn't exactly be a surprise to see him do something unexpected.

The Justin Upton rumors are dying; for as much as I want to read into them that the Braves are still involved, it sounds like the Diamondbacks really do want Simmons or bust. That's logical in a way, since there's no reason they have to trade Upton anyway. The Royals have been quiet: lots of speculation but few concrete rumors that they've actually talked to anyone about players like Gordon or Wil Myers.

None of the options that have been discussed seem to be fits for the Braves, whether because of asking price or simply a perceived lack of interest on the Braves' part.

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyRyback View Post
    I'll go ahead and write him off for you, unless Cleveland changes their tune dramatically.
    I foresee the Indians changing their tune dramatically. They're not going to contend in 2013, and Choo won't sign an extension beyond that. It really makes a lot of sense for Cleveland to move Choo, and while they won't just give him away, I do think the asking price will come down quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    With Upton looking unlikely Braves may consider kicking the tires on Headley.
    Headley is supposed to be pretty close to untouchable. The Padres want to extend him rather than trade him.

Quote Originally Posted by thomass View Post
    you mean the clown that has put up stats similar to the guy that we just paid 75 mil?
    There is no comparison between Cody Ross and B.J. Upton. Upton is younger, plays a much more difficult position, has a different universe worth of upside.... I could go on.

Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    If it was a 1 year deal for Ross i will be okay with it, but he is looking for 3 years and close to 10M. So i don't think is a good option.
    I think Ross is going to get more like three years and $25 million. Not a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Kubel's offense was helped immensely by his home park, and his defense is awful. The Braves need to do better.

vCash
    Man.. How come we couldnt trade for Ellsbury.. Ive always liked him.

vCash
    Indians and D'backs are talking about a Bauer/Cabrera swap... if the D'Backs get Asdrubal, maybe they'll soften on their demands for Simmons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon93405 View Post
    Indians and D'backs are talking about a Bauer/Cabrera swap... if the D'Backs get Asdrubal, maybe they'll soften on their demands for Simmons.
    I think the'll trade Kubel instead unfortunately.

Also, Ellsbury could def. still be had. I'm still a little hesitiant being a 1 yr. with Boras.

vCash
    Looks like a 4-team trade that doesnt involve us for Upton is being talked Dbacks definitely serious about that SS, but Wren did the right thing in not bending on Simmons

vCash
    Rangers are said to be working hard on Justin Upton

vCash
    I'm thinking Alex Gordon is our best bet right now. It looks that Ariz would be asking too much if they make the trade without having Simmons involved. Alex seems to be our guy without losing much...

vCash
    I would be more than happy with Alex Gordon. I just want something to happen.
    ]

vCash
    Kansas City--Home of the players that everyone wants...despite the fact they are consistently horrible. Just doesn't make much sense, but so true. In all the trades the Braves have done with "ATL-lite" in the GM department, have any of them benefitted us?

I think that Alex Gordon may be the one to finally pay off-former 2b & 3b, so he is athletic with Gold Gloves...a little downside is LH hitter used as a 3hitter, but with Prado at 2 hole it's OK. Don't know his salary/terms/agent, but the kind of guy we need. Don't see any of our "A" list pitchers needed, maybe Gilmartin or O'Flaherty if they start asking higher & then go from there with say Ahmed or another position player or so.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by coachmac View Post
    Kansas City--Home of the players that everyone wants...despite the fact they are consistently horrible. Just doesn't make much sense, but so true. In all the trades the Braves have done with "ATL-lite" in the GM department, have any of them benefitted us?

I think that Alex Gordon may be the one to finally pay off-former 2b & 3b, so he is athletic with Gold Gloves...a little downside is LH hitter used as a 3hitter, but with Prado at 2 hole it's OK. Don't know his salary/terms/agent, but the kind of guy we need. Don't see any of our "A" list pitchers needed, maybe Gilmartin or O'Flaherty if they start asking higher & then go from there with say Ahmed or another position player or so.

Gordon's career as a lead-off hitter:

.306BA, .381OBP, .501SLG, .883OPS and that's in 802 plate appearances, pretty large sample size and quite impressive. Last year he lead off most of the year and was very impressive:
    335 AB's, .307BA, .379OBP, .466SLG, .845OPS. I'd take that all day from my lead-off hitter, he had 10 stolen bases.

vCash

Wren is a tease

We are all guilty of actually believing the Braves would do more than one big thing in an offseason. We all hoped but knew the whole time that they would go internally. It's too bad that they are too cheap to pull the trigger. They could easily be in this 4 team trade for Upton. I know I'm done wishing and believing they will do big things cause they never will with these people running the team

vCash
    ^haha, knew that was coming.

Page 17 of 58 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast